Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Where in the world is..... (Business Travel Thread) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Where in the world is..... (Business Travel Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=10917)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - A. Crow - 12-09-2010

Historic Vicksburg, MS all next week.

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - at0m - 12-09-2010

Baltimore 1/10 till whenever confirmed also Tongue

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - Stein - 12-10-2010

Drove 5 hours to Troy, NY, saw RPI, dad witnessed a bad beating (3 black kids pushed down a white kid and kicked him til he couldn't get up anymore).  Admissions says to blame the high school nearby.
Drove 4 hours to Rochester, ate dinner with Ed Hoch's (famous writer) widow and bunch of her family members at some epic christmas-lighted-decorated restaurant.
Saw UofR and RIT, really liked UofR and I think the interview went well (interviewer was an early 20s chick who graduated last year and who is also a lifelong vegetarian Smile  Fuck yeah).
Drove some more hours to Ithaca where I am now.  This town is pretty swell, but I went downstairs in the hotel while my dad was still asleep only to find that there was no free breakfast.  FML.  Charged a coffee to the room and ate some "jewish-holiday" cookies.  No, I don't know what they mean by jewish holiday cookies, but they're tasty.

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - Wyrmidon - 12-10-2010

(12-10-2010, 09:03 AM)Stein link Wrote: Drove 5 hours to Troy, NY, saw RPI, dad witnessed a bad beating (3 black kids pushed down a white kid and kicked him til he couldn't get up anymore).  Admissions says to blame the high school nearby.
Drove 4 hours to Rochester, ate dinner with Ed Hoch's (famous writer) widow and bunch of her family members at some epic christmas-lighted-decorated restaurant.
Saw UofR and RIT, really liked UofR and I think the interview went well (interviewer was an early 20s chick who graduated last year and who is also a lifelong vegetarian Smile  Fuck yeah).
Drove some more hours to Ithaca where I am now.  This town is pretty swell, but I went downstairs in the hotel while my dad was still asleep only to find that there was no free breakfast.  FML.  Charged a coffee to the room and ate some "jewish-holiday" cookies.  No, I don't know what they mean by jewish holiday cookies, but they're tasty.

Going to college a town over from Troy, I've heard that it's a bad place to be. RPI itself is not too bad from what I've seen though. Hope you like it up in Ithaca.

What kind of hotel doesn't have continental breakfast though?

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - Versus - 12-10-2010

lol, i visited RPI slightly over 2 years ago. was going to visit RIT, i forgot why we didn't though.

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - Stein - 12-10-2010

(12-10-2010, 12:09 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: lol, i visited RPI slightly over 2 years ago. was going to visit RIT, i forgot why we didn't though.
Because Spore really wants to go there, probably.

Wink

I really like Cornell, but I don't think its for me.  Maybe, though.  People are mostly nice, and each dorm floor (in suite-style places at least) is like a family.  At my friends floor, they pooled money for a ping pong table, and that old Pokémon Trainer game.

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - at0m - 12-10-2010

I know a bunch of people who went to RIT, they said its a pretty solid EE school.

Also, I just found out I'm flying to Seattle tomorrow. Return date: unknown. WOOO

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - copulatingduck - 12-10-2010

(12-10-2010, 03:00 PM)Stein link Wrote: [quote author=Versus-pwny- link=topic=3872.msg186991#msg186991 date=1292000996]
lol, i visited RPI slightly over 2 years ago. was going to visit RIT, i forgot why we didn't though.
Because Spore really wants to go there, probably.

Wink

I really like Cornell, but I don't think its for me.  Maybe, though.  People are mostly nice, and each dorm floor (in suite-style places at least) is like a family.  At my friends floor, they pooled money for a ping pong table, and that old Pokémon Trainer game.
[/quote]

do they still have the fences? fucks up the view of an otherwise gorgeous campus. all we ever had was construction, cement, and bloody sidewalks

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - Mission Difficult - 12-10-2010

Phoenix until the 29th then Denver until the 6th.

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - Stein - 12-11-2010

(12-10-2010, 03:34 PM)CUBA LIBRE link Wrote: I know a bunch of people who went to RIT, they said its a pretty solid EE school.

Also, I just found out I'm flying to Seattle tomorrow. Return date: unknown. WOOO
At least Seattle is awesome.  Go to the Broadway district to get pizza or bubble tea or something.  Its really interesting being the only straight person on the street...
Also, there's a jimi hendrix statue somewhere on Broadway.  Also, Hendrix is buried pretty close, somewhere in seattle.

(12-10-2010, 06:27 PM)Duck link Wrote: do they still have the fences? fucks up the view of an otherwise gorgeous campus. all we ever had was construction, cement, and bloody sidewalks
Does who? Cornell or RIT?
I don't remember fences at either.

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - KarthXLR - 12-11-2010

(12-10-2010, 10:52 PM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: Phoenix until the 29th then Denver until the 6th.
Heh. Maybe I'll see you around by-chance.

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - at0m - 12-11-2010

(12-11-2010, 06:13 PM)Stein link Wrote: [quote author=CUBA LIBRE link=topic=3872.msg187019#msg187019 date=1292013297]
I know a bunch of people who went to RIT, they said its a pretty solid EE school.

At least Seattle is awesome.  Go to the Broadway district to get pizza or bubble tea or something.  Its really interesting being the only straight person on the street...
Also, there's a jimi hendrix statue somewhere on Broadway.  Also, Hendrix is buried pretty close, somewhere in seattle.
[/quote]Flew into Seattle, it was raining. Picked up my rental car (AWD as recommended for some reason) and got to driving. Realized I'm actually 3+ hours away in Yakima/Union Gap, across the mountains from Seattle. It's snowing like a bastard out here, glad I got an SUV.

Anyone out here worth visiting? I'm tempted to stay all week even if my business stuff is done.

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - Stein - 12-11-2010

(12-11-2010, 07:38 PM)CUBA LIBRE link Wrote: [quote author=Stein link=topic=3872.msg187218#msg187218 date=1292109224]
[quote author=CUBA LIBRE link=topic=3872.msg187019#msg187019 date=1292013297]

At least Seattle is awesome.  Go to the Broadway district to get pizza or bubble tea or something.  Its really interesting being the only straight person on the street...
Also, there's a jimi hendrix statue somewhere on Broadway.  Also, Hendrix is buried pretty close, somewhere in seattle.
[/quote]Flew into Seattle, it was raining. Picked up my rental car (AWD as recommended for some reason) and got to driving. Realized I'm actually 3+ hours away in Yakima/Union Gap, across the mountains from Seattle. It's snowing like a bastard out here, glad I got an SUV.

Anyone out here worth visiting? I'm tempted to stay all week even if my business stuff is done.
[/quote]
Yeah, Yakima is out there.  Pretty sure there's an airport in Western Washington...

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - at0m - 12-11-2010

(12-11-2010, 09:01 PM)Stein link Wrote: [quote author=CUBA LIBRE link=topic=3872.msg187242#msg187242 date=1292114297]
[quote author=Stein link=topic=3872.msg187218#msg187218 date=1292109224]
[quote author=CUBA LIBRE link=topic=3872.msg187019#msg187019 date=1292013297]

[/quote]
Yeah, Yakima is out there.  Pretty sure there's an airport in Western Washington...
[/quote]Trust me, Seattle's the closest major airport to where I need to be. That wasn't the problem.

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - copulatingduck - 12-12-2010

(12-11-2010, 06:13 PM)Stein link Wrote: [quote author=CUBA LIBRE link=topic=3872.msg187019#msg187019 date=1292013297]

At least Seattle is awesome.  Go to the Broadway district to get pizza or bubble tea or something.  Its really interesting being the only straight person on the street...
Also, there's a jimi hendrix statue somewhere on Broadway.  Also, Hendrix is buried pretty close, somewhere in seattle.

(12-10-2010, 06:27 PM)Duck link Wrote: do they still have the fences? fucks up the view of an otherwise gorgeous campus. all we ever had was construction, cement, and bloody sidewalks
Does who? Cornell or RIT?
I don't remember fences at either.
[/quote]

Cornell.. You'd remember them if they still had them. I guess they finally took em down

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - at0m - 01-02-2011

Will be living in BMore (Lutherville-Timonium) fulltime starting the end of this week.

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - ZargonX - 01-02-2011

(01-02-2011, 08:07 PM)CUBA LIBRE link Wrote: Will be living in BMore (Lutherville-Timonium) fulltime starting the end of this week.

Welcome to the neighborhood Wink

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - at0m - 02-02-2011

I will be travelling to New Brunswick sometime in March. I'll also be going to Chicago in April, and Chicago/Milwaukee in May.

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - rumsfald - 02-03-2011

fly into Dallas-Fort Worth Thurs night.

work starts at 7am on Fri. Work dinner scheduled for Fri night.

Fly out 2pm on Sat.

Thurs night looks best bet for whataburger if anyone happens to be close, but I can't stay out too late.

Re: Where in the world is..... (Bussiness Travel Thread) - rumsfald - 02-03-2011

Fly into Orlando on Thursday the 24th. Staying near disney/universal. I have a work dinner / give speech that night.

Busy work day (3 presentations to make) on Friday ends like 3pm. Then, I think my aunt and cousin want to see me that night.

Sat looks like I'm going to try to make it toward Palm Bay to hang with an old bro.

Fly back early Sun.

I thought about staying an extra day, but work is brutal and I need to be back in the office on Monday.