Be Right Back, Uninstalling
FUCK YEAH PORTAL 2 - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: FUCK YEAH PORTAL 2 (/showthread.php?tid=11315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Re: FUCK YEAH PORTAL 2 - If-I-Die-Its-Lag - 04-19-2011

Well, the test results came in.

Looks like I'm a horrible person.

Re: FUCK YEAH PORTAL 2 - KarthXLR - 04-20-2011

While I really enjoyed the campaign, I was kind disappointed that the end battle was so pathetic. Almost a complete copy of the first game. (save for the finale) Wish it was longer and had more test chambers. Can't wait to see what the community does with it. (assuming valve is allowing bonus maps) I delved into the co-op shortly after the campaign and had a good time. I REALLY hope there are some extra maps for that, at the very least.

Also, ending credits don't have anything on Still Alive.

Overall, a nice game, but I think Portal was a accidental masterpiece. Not something that could be replicated. Co-Op is appreciated though.

Re: FUCK YEAH PORTAL 2 - Hobospartan - 04-20-2011

(04-20-2011, 12:22 AM)Karth link Wrote: While I really enjoyed the campaign, I was kind disappointed that the end battle was so pathetic. Almost a complete copy of the first game. (save for the finale) Wish it was longer and had more test chambers. Can't wait to see what the community does with it. (assuming valve is allowing bonus maps) I delved into the co-op shortly after the campaign and had a good time. I REALLY hope there are some extra maps for that, at the very least.

Also, ending credits don't have anything on Still Alive.

Overall, a nice game, but I think Portal was a accidental masterpiece. Not something that could be replicated. Co-Op is appreciated though.

Pretty much this.  I need a co-op buddy, though

Re: FUCK YEAH PORTAL 2 - backfire - 04-20-2011

Well, one thing that kinda bugs me (besides the lack of advanced test chambers and portal challenges) are that when you finish single player and coop, you're kinda done. You already know all the puzzels, so what's the point in the store and backpack anyways? It works for a game like tf2 because it's all about replaying, but playing coop even three times is pushing it.

The more and more I look back into this the more I feel like I got ripped off a little. Wheatley was kind of annoying and there wasn't anything that was as memorable as the first game.  Sad This is the third game IN-A-ROW, that's been light on content. The hell valve?

Re: FUCK YEAH PORTAL 2 - Luca Shoal - 04-20-2011

Kruf is my co-op buddy <3

Also if anyone has a spare copy from getting potatoes, could I have the code so I can give it to my boyfriend?

Re: FUCK YEAH PORTAL 2 - Versus - 04-20-2011

(04-20-2011, 01:12 AM)Karth link Wrote: The more and more I look back into this the more I feel like I got ripped off a little. Wheatley was kind of annoying and there wasn't anything that was as memorable as the first game.  Sad This is the third game IN-A-ROW, that's been light on content. The hell valve?

what were the first two

Re: Re: Re: FUCK YEAH PORTAL 2 - KarthXLR - 04-20-2011

(04-20-2011, 08:23 AM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=4282.msg203581#msg203581 date=1303279965]
The more and more I look back into this the more I feel like I got ripped off a little. Wheatley was kind of annoying and there wasn't anything that was as memorable as the first game.  Sad This is the third game IN-A-ROW, that's been light on content. The hell valve?

what were the first two
[/quote]
IMO, l4d and l4d2

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: FUCK YEAH PORTAL 2 - Versus - 04-20-2011

(04-20-2011, 09:49 AM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=Versus-pwny- link=topic=4282.msg203588#msg203588 date=1303305780]
[quote author=Karth link=topic=4282.msg203581#msg203581 date=1303279965]
The more and more I look back into this the more I feel like I got ripped off a little. Wheatley was kind of annoying and there wasn't anything that was as memorable as the first game.  Sad This is the third game IN-A-ROW, that's been light on content. The hell valve?

what were the first two
[/quote]
IMO, l4d and l4d2

[/quote]

i thought you were talking about them >Sad

l4d1/2 own and also have actual replayability

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FUCK YEAH PORTAL 2 - KarthXLR - 04-20-2011

(04-20-2011, 10:01 AM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=4282.msg203595#msg203595 date=1303310946]
[quote author=Versus-pwny- link=topic=4282.msg203588#msg203588 date=1303305780]
[quote author=Karth link=topic=4282.msg203581#msg203581 date=1303279965]

what were the first two
[/quote]
IMO, l4d and l4d2

[/quote]

i thought you were talking about them >Sad

l4d1/2 own and also have actual replayability
[/quote]
Either way, I feel kinda ripped off.

Re: FUCK YEAH PORTAL 2 - BS1 - 04-20-2011

Started a co-op game last night, and I find it much more fun than the single player. Which is surprising, I usually like single player a lot more than co-op. So far we are four hours in and we have two levels left. Challenges are much more fun than single player; co-op has some that are actually hard unlike single player...

Re: FUCK YEAH PORTAL 2 - zaneyard - 04-20-2011

ITT people bitching about how they are conditioned to receive the continuity of tf2 on every single game valve releases.
i'm completely satisfied with the game, the story was awesome and i haven't touched co-op yet

(04-20-2011, 01:05 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: ITT people bitching about how they are conditioned to receive the continuity of tf2 on every single game valve releases.
i'm completely satisfied with the game, the story was awesome and i haven't touched co-op yet

Completely agreed. On top of the amazing single player, while I usually find coop games to be tacked on afterthoughs, it was extemely fun. Finished it with negate last night and I gotta say, two sets of portals can make things extemely complex. A few puzzels we were scratching our heads over for at least 15 minutes.

Also, what people don't seem to get (for both this and TF2) is that the ingame store is what's going to be funding future DLC. Ya know, that stuff we get for free? I'd expect new levels out within a month or so. On top of that though is that as soon as they release the SDK for this, people will be coming out with custom maps all the time. Valve even said that custom content would be available on the PS3, so Karth doesn't get a reason to complain.

I like how I never even mentioned DLC and you guys are saying I shouldn't complain about it. I was disappointed with the lack of challenge and an average single player campaign. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just expected more for a full-priced game.

Re: FUCK YEAH PORTAL 2 - Squishy3 - 04-20-2011

(04-20-2011, 02:01 PM)Karth link Wrote: I like how I never even mentioned DLC and you guys are saying I shouldn't complain about it. I was disappointed with the lack of challenge and an average single player campaign. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just expected more for a full-priced game.
There is a challenge, it's just based solely on figuring out the puzzle instead of struggling to execute it. A lot of them are simple, but the set-pieces and the sense of urgency in some of them is what makes them great. And there are mind-scratchers, just not as many as in the first one. Still, there were a lot more puzzles than the first one, and way better pacing and big sequences.

spoilers:and when you shot a portal onto the moon, I had a nerdgasm.

(04-20-2011, 02:12 PM)Squishy link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=4282.msg203629#msg203629 date=1303326098]
I like how I never even mentioned DLC and you guys are saying I shouldn't complain about it. I was disappointed with the lack of challenge and an average single player campaign. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just expected more for a full-priced game.
There is a challenge, it's just based solely on figuring out the puzzle instead of struggling to execute it. A lot of them are simple, but the set-pieces and the sense of urgency in some of them is what makes them great. And there are mind-scratchers, just not as many as in the first one. Still, there were a lot more puzzles than the first one, and way better pacing and big sequences.

spoilers:and when you shot a portal onto the moon, I had a nerdgasm.

[/quote]
I disagree, but that's my opinion.

(04-20-2011, 02:01 PM)Karth link Wrote: I like how I never even mentioned DLC and you guys are saying I shouldn't complain about it. I was disappointed with the lack of challenge and an average single player campaign. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just expected more for a full-priced game.

It is actually relevent. First game was extremely easy. Since I already knew how to use portals though Narbacular Drop, only the last 2 or 3 chambers actually prooved any real challenge. I'd say this game was much much harder than the first, and combined with coop, is the length of a full length game.

What I was saying about custom contents was that the only challenges I had in Portal 1 was though custom maps. There were plenty of great short series of maps, then you had full on map packs like Portal: The Flash Version Map Pack and PortalTonguerelude. If you're complaining about a lack of a challenge, then wait for the custom maps. Those will definitely be much harder than the nornal ones.

(04-20-2011, 02:43 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=4282.msg203629#msg203629 date=1303326098]

It is actually relevent. First game was extremely easy. Since I already knew how to use portals though Narbacular Drop, only the last 2 or 3 chambers actually prooved any real challenge. I'd say this game was much much harder than the first, and combined with coop, is the length of a full length game.

What I was saying about custom contents was that the only challenges I had in Portal 1 was though custom maps. There were plenty of great short series of maps, then you had full on map packs like Portal: The Flash Version Map Pack and PortalTonguerelude. If you're complaining about a lack of a challenge, then wait for the custom maps. Those will definitely be much harder than the nornal ones.
[/quote]
I haven't heard valve mention anything about custom maps. I hope they're going to drop an SDK for it soon.

Re: FUCK YEAH PORTAL 2 - Versus - 04-20-2011

how long did it take you to beat (sp + co-op combined)

$15 for 5 chambers coming june 2011

(04-20-2011, 02:57 PM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=4282.msg203639#msg203639 date=1303328637]
[quote author=Karth link=topic=4282.msg203629#msg203629 date=1303326098]

[/quote]
I haven't heard valve mention anything about custom maps. I hope they're going to drop an SDK for it soon.
[/quote]

http://www.playerfive.com/blog/2011/01/24/portal-2-allows-custom-maps-for-all-platforms/

And it took a while for portal 1's SDK to come out, they even say "Editing Tools: Portal 2 editing tools will be included. Note: To be made available after launch." on the store page. And come on, it's Valve we're talking about. A company built from modders.

(04-20-2011, 03:11 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: how long did it take you to beat (sp + co-op combined)

I wanna say like 6 or 7 hours for single player, then 5 for coop, but I wasn't keeping track so I have no idea.