Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Thread of Cannabis Connoisseurs - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Thread of Cannabis Connoisseurs (/showthread.php?tid=11213)

Re: The Cannabis/High Thread - Dr. Zaius - 06-04-2011

Tried K2 with a friend earlier, hit me faster and harder, but only for a fraction of the time.

Synthetic stuff is hit and miss.  This wasn't too bad though.

Re: The Cannabis/High Thread - Duck, Duck, Goose - 06-06-2011

Heheh, so Saturday we celebrated mine and my buddy's birthdays, and to start the day we smoked a 1.5g hash joint (Funbucks can tell you how awesome this hash is). We smoked another 3.5g of it and too much bud to count throughout the day. Good times. ;D

Re: The Cannabis/High Thread - matter11 - 06-07-2011

(06-04-2011, 03:58 AM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: Tried K2 with a friend earlier, hit me faster and harder, but only for a fraction of the time.

Synthetic stuff is hit and miss.  This wasn't too bad though.

i've smoked some artifical stuff before but I liken it a lot more to being drunk than being high. I just stumbled around a lot and acted dumb.

I recently bough a cheap vaporizer on ebay and have only used an iolite so idk the right temperature to set it at. most of the internet says start at around 350f and increase it incrementally until you are done up to about 400f. also, what do you guys do with post-vape herb?

it's only $35 plus free us shipping if you guys have been looking for a vape. I saw the same one in my local head shop for $80
http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-Vaporizer-Herbal-Vaporizer-Free-whip-/110641469774?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c2bed94e#ht_3042wt_1139

Re: The Cannabis/High Thread - Dr. Zaius - 06-07-2011

(06-07-2011, 03:18 PM)matter11 link Wrote: I recently bough a cheap vaporizer on ebay and have only used an iolite so idk the right temperature to set it at. most of the internet says start at around 350f and increase it incrementally until you are done up to about 400f. also, what do you guys do with post-vape herb?

it's only $35 plus free us shipping if you guys have been looking for a vape. I saw the same one in my local head shop for $80
http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-Vaporizer-Herbal-Vaporizer-Free-whip-/110641469774?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c2bed94e#ht_3042wt_1139

oh man. +1 for the find.

dunno if i'll get it though. any one have second opinions on this? the low price almost makes me worry.

Re: The Cannabis/High Thread - loldollas - 06-07-2011

made a space cake for my gf and i...still half of it left lol

oh and i have a rock of hash the size of a quarter in diameter...pretty sweet piece of stuff Smile

Re: The Cannabis/High Thread - Kirby - 06-07-2011

(06-07-2011, 03:18 PM)matter11 link Wrote: what do you guys do with post-vape herb?

I've got a double chamber bubbler that I installed a large screen partway down the tube that goes up into the mouthpiece, so it's got a pseudo 3rd chamber, where I dump the post vape stuff into. When you smoke shit in the bubbler, the post-vape shit that's now sitting suspended in the smoke stream picks up all sorts of resin after a time, makes good filler for the large hookah bowl.

(06-07-2011, 03:31 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: [quote author=matter11 link=topic=4176.msg209355#msg209355 date=1307477890]
I recently bough a cheap vaporizer on ebay and have only used an iolite so idk the right temperature to set it at. most of the internet says start at around 350f and increase it incrementally until you are done up to about 400f. also, what do you guys do with post-vape herb?

oh man. +1 for the find.

dunno if i'll get it though. any one have second opinions on this? the low price almost makes me worry.
[/quote]

I'll be receiving it by the end of the week hopefully and I'll be sure to post a review of it

(06-07-2011, 03:36 PM)Kirby, the FaNspyPyro link Wrote: [quote author=matter11 link=topic=4176.msg209355#msg209355 date=1307477890]
what do you guys do with post-vape herb?

I've got a double chamber bubbler that I installed a large screen partway down the tube that goes up into the mouthpiece, so it's got a pseudo 3rd chamber, where I dump the post vape stuff into. When you smoke shit in the bubbler, the post-vape shit that's now sitting suspended in the smoke stream picks up all sorts of resin after a time, makes good filler for the large hookah bowl.

[/quote]

so you don't like to smoke it after it's been vaped without using it to pick up resin? I know the vape takes out most of the thc but it leaves many cannabinoids if i'm correct. My friend recommends putting the post-vape into capsules and eating them. It's not just like eating normal weed since it has been heat activated and am told it's similar to a weaker edible so you just eat a bunch.

Re: The Cannabis/High Thread - shoopfox - 06-07-2011

(06-07-2011, 03:18 PM)matter11 link Wrote: I recently bough a cheap vaporizer on ebay and have only used an iolite so idk the right temperature to set it at. most of the internet says start at around 350f and increase it incrementally until you are done up to about 400f. also, what do you guys do with post-vape herb?

Nice. I got a similar thing a while ago for about $5 more. It lasted me about a year and a half before the ceramic heating element broke, but for $40 bucks I wasn't too sad.

Vaped weed is great for filling out joints, alright for padding a bowl, but unless you're a cancer patient it's not great to smoke by itself. It mostly just makes me sleepy but not especially high.

(06-07-2011, 04:00 PM)Señor Pinchy link Wrote: [quote author=matter11 link=topic=4176.msg209355#msg209355 date=1307477890]

Nice. I got a similar thing a while ago for about $5 more. It lasted me about a year and a half before the ceramic heating element broke, but for $40 bucks I wasn't too sad.

Vaped weed is great for filling out joints, alright for padding a bowl, but unless you're a cancer patient it's not great to smoke by itself. It mostly just makes me sleepy but not especially high.
[/quote]

was there a preferred temperature that you liked to vape around? and did the heating element just wear out from use?

Re: The Cannabis/High Thread - k0ala - 06-07-2011

Carboxylization is the process you're thinking of. You have to bake the weed at a high temperature over 15 seconds (in a vape) 10-60 minutes (in cooking) before the THC and CBD become active. Ovens, crockpots, roasters, and vaporizers all achieve this temperature through various means. Post vape has already been carboxylizated, so you could eat it in gel capsules, steep it in vodka for a month and make Green Dragon which gets you crunk with 1 step.

(06-07-2011, 07:55 PM)k0ala link Wrote: Carboxylization is the process you're thinking of. You have to bake the weed at a high temperature over 15 seconds (in a vape) 10-60 minutes (in cooking) before the THC and CBD become active. Ovens, crockpots, roasters, and vaporizers all achieve this temperature through various means. Post vape has already been carboxylizated, so you could eat it in gel capsules, steep it in vodka for a month and make Green Dragon which gets you crunk with 1 step.

would you happen to have guidelines regarding temperature choice when vaping?

Re: The Cannabis/High Thread - k0ala - 06-09-2011

Sorry I don't. Most places say "as low as you can get it" or "start it high then turn it down".

Re: The Cannabis/High Thread - matter11 - 06-10-2011

I just received this vaporizer and so far it's a great product. It ships free and it comes with the vape, 1 whip with a screen inside, 2 spare screens, and the instructions. The vape itself is pretty light built with painted wood that it feels solid enough so that it won't be breaking anytime soon. the temperature buttons and number screen are surprisingly high quality durable plastic. yet, the middle is essentially a glass tube floating. It's surrounded by the wood so it shouldn't be broken if treated with reasonable care. the hose feels very flimsy and fragile at first and should definitely be treated with a lot of care (replacement hoses are like 2 for 16.99 or something).

I set it at 355F and let it heat up for about 6 minutes and started hitting. I should have started lower because the hits were surprisingly strong for mids at 355. every so often I turned the whip bowl around the heating element and it stirs itself decently. I increased the temperature following each bowl rotation ending at around 395 where after a little there was a burning smell so I stopped. at day 1 I'm very satisfied with the product and highly recommend it. I'll update the review if it breaks in the future.

*note that shipping is only free to the lower 48 states. Sorry Canadians.

Re: The Cannabis/High Thread - k0ala - 06-10-2011

that is a damn nice price. i got raped on mine looks like.

It's all ebay, I saw the same one in a store for 80 and I don't even know if that had a hose. This ships from California so I guess large companies are just starting to mass produce them now.

he also has the more high end metal box kind and a bunch of other stuff, take a look.

http://stores.ebay.com/SCALEDISCOUNTERS-LLC/_i.html?_fsub=12095889&_sc=1&_sop=1

Re: The Cannabis/High Thread - k0ala - 06-10-2011

that's insaaaaane

I thought the Magic Flight Launch Box was a deal at $80

Re: The Cannabis/High Thread - Duck, Duck, Goose - 06-11-2011

Lol, passed out last night from smoking too much hash. On the bright side I feel fucking amazing this morning.