Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. (/showthread.php?tid=11550)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Hobospartan - 01-15-2011

I learned that Fat Tire is delicious.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Wrath Of Sandvich - 01-15-2011

(01-15-2011, 07:56 PM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=Tsuruya link=topic=4539.msg192348#msg192348 date=1295134738]
If you hold left and press up on a youtube video, fun shit happens.
'bout a year late bro.
[/quote]

The rest of the internet decided not to let me in on it.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Didzo - 01-15-2011

I discovered that wine + coke > coke.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Greatbacon - 01-15-2011

(01-15-2011, 08:20 PM)Hobospartan link Wrote: I learned that Fat Tire is delicious.
Fuck yeah Fort Collins.

Fun story:  Last year I came out of my dorm building on my way to get breakfast or something with a bud and found a New Belgium Brewery beanie chilling on the fire hydrant there.  Best free hat ever.

Edit: This is about a week late, but I found out there's a jasmine infused I.P.A.. 

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - beep beep diglett - 01-16-2011

stalker is ripped from based on this novel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadside_Picnic

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Vongore - 01-16-2011

(01-15-2011, 10:15 PM)Didzo link Wrote: I discovered that wine + coke > coke.

This is a milenary (not true) Chilean recipee, It's called a "Jote", which is a slang used to identify desperate people who will flirt with any girl to be able to bang her.

The drink is usally made from leftovers from the table, from glasses from other people mixing coke+wine. Hence the name

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Didzo - 01-17-2011

(01-16-2011, 11:37 PM)Vongore link Wrote: The drink is usally made from leftovers from the table, from glasses from other people mixing coke+wine. Hence the name

I had half a cup of coke with me and was monitoring the wine situation, and noticed that the current bottle had only a few drops (half a glass worth) left.

One thing lead to another, and it was good.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - loldollas - 01-21-2011

I've learned to never step between a woman and her chocolate...man I just wanted that Caramilk, and this lady at work physically lifts me out of the way
lol

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Geoff - 01-21-2011

finals are over

Smile

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Turtle - 01-21-2011

(01-21-2011, 03:23 PM)geoff link Wrote: finals are over

Smile

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Spore - 01-21-2011

I'm reading a book on the history of id Software.

John Carmack went to Juvy when he tried to steal computers from his high school by burning a hole in the windows with chemicals. His plan only failed when one of his friends opened the door from the inside raising an alarm.

The company name id Software is derived not originally from the word id, but from John Romero's old company name "Ideas from the Deep".

When Carmack learned to make smooth scrolling graphics on a PC (something reserved only for the NES at the time), he, John Romero, and a few other people from his workplace made the first world of Mario Bros. 3 and sent it to Nintendo asking permission to port it and other Nintendo games to the new PC platform. Nintendo said it was neat, declined the offer, and Carmack and other decided to make Commander Keen instead.

When Carmack figured out how to make fast 3D effects on the PC, id tried to think of a game to make for it. The first idea was about a bunch of escaped mutants you'd have to kill and capture. They wanted to call it "It's Green and Pissed" because it was funny, but decided the name was controversy for the sake of controversy. They went to remake an old Apple II game called Wolfenstein in 3D which we all know about today.

Wolfenstein 3D originally let you drag bodies around to hide them and search through, but Romero decided that it was too slow and destroyed the pace of the game which was meant to be fast and furious.

Daikatana, the name of John Romero's loathed FPS game after leaving id is named after a the ultimate sword that Carmack created in his extremely expansive DnD world that most of the id start ups played for years together.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - backfire - 01-21-2011

Simply to give up on the idea of ever riding a bike during winter...

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - CaffeinePowered - 01-21-2011

(01-21-2011, 06:35 PM)Spore link Wrote: Daikatana, the name of John Romero's loathed FPS game after leaving id is named after a the ultimate sword that Carmack created in his extremely expansive DnD world that most of the id start ups played for years together.

Carmack sounds like the kind of guy I'd love to have as a GM

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - rumsfald - 01-21-2011

The masses aren't always right. Sometimes it is way better to hold off on intimacy until you both really really like each other.

I can't say it was all due to my excellent planning, it required a bit of luck, a bit of coincidence, a bit of bad planning, a bit of wandering in the woods. But it's beyond worth it.

I also think I'm almost done posting relationship stuff in this Friday thread unless something major happens. The circle feels almost complete.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Spore - 01-21-2011

(01-21-2011, 07:20 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Spore link=topic=4539.msg193184#msg193184 date=1295652911]

Daikatana, the name of John Romero's loathed FPS game after leaving id is named after a the ultimate sword that Carmack created in his extremely expansive DnD world that most of the id start ups played for years together.

Carmack sounds like the kind of guy I'd love to have as a GM
[/quote]

He spent years developing one game over time. I think he is pretty much the ultimate GM.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Turtle - 01-21-2011

fire is a blessing and a curse

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - EarthlingJohn - 01-22-2011

Marijuana is not the terrible drug that school wants me to think it is.

Its an herb

:v

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Dtrain323i - 01-22-2011

(01-22-2011, 02:00 AM)EarthlingJohn link Wrote: Marijuana is not the terrible drug that school wants me to think it is.

Its an herb

:v

Just don't start drinking faygo or pondering the mysteries of magnets.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - KarthXLR - 01-22-2011

Culinary Arts is the is the class with the foulest language. Obviously modeled after Gordon Ramsey style of cooking.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - k0ala - 01-22-2011

Most restaurants are like that, you are expected to hear what was yelled the first time and if the Chef thinks it's important he'll throw in a few f-bombs for emphasis.

so CUNTS GET YOUR PLATES UP TO THE PASS, RIGHT NOW, STOP FARTING AROUND WITH YOUR ROSEMARY SPRIGS, MOVE MOVE it's kind of like being yelled at by Karrde or Caff.