Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. (/showthread.php?tid=11550)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Vongore - 01-23-2011

I'm on my underwear only because it's 34°C outside.

8)

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Vandamguy - 01-23-2011

(01-23-2011, 02:32 PM)Karth link Wrote: It was so cold today, it was almost 70 degrees!   :'(
karma will come for you next summer when you're making bitch posts about your AC being broken again.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - KarthXLR - 01-23-2011

(01-23-2011, 10:08 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=4539.msg193350#msg193350 date=1295811147]
It was so cold today, it was almost 70 degrees!   :'(
karma will come for you next summer when you're making bitch posts about your AC being broken again.

[/quote]
Eh, it happens.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - beep beep diglett - 01-24-2011

heh look at these snowtards. bet u couldnt last 1 day in 100~ degree weather....noobs

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - backfire - 01-24-2011

(01-24-2011, 01:35 AM)diglett link Wrote: heh look at these snowtards. bet u couldnt last 1 day in 100~ degree weather....noobs
[Image: lg-air-conditioner.jpg]

Do your worst!

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Luinbariel - 01-24-2011

(01-24-2011, 01:35 AM)diglett link Wrote: heh look at these snowtards. bet u couldnt last 1 day in 100~ degree weather....noobs

I liked it when we were in Austin and it was nice and hot, surprisingly. I thought I would burn to death and I usually hate the heat, but it wasn't as bad as I expected at all. I think it's usually more humid here in our summers and it was much drier there.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - MasterGH - 01-24-2011

(01-24-2011, 07:32 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: [quote author=diglett link=topic=4539.msg193412#msg193412 date=1295850956]
heh look at these snowtards. bet u couldnt last 1 day in 100~ degree weather....noobs
I think it's usually more humid here in our summers and it was much drier there.
[/quote]
People so often forget this! While cooling (via fans mostly) works better when it's humid, having the same high temperature in a dry area often feels so much better than when it's humid. I've experienced that first hand with our most recent move 2 years ago. It doesn't get quite as hot here as it did in the previous place, but the humidity often more than makes up for it.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Stein - 01-24-2011

(01-23-2011, 03:32 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [quote author=Spore link=topic=4539.msg193345#msg193345 date=1295809837]
[quote author=Versus-pwny- link=topic=4539.msg193337#msg193337 date=1295806835]
i'm wearing shorts/t-shirts while it's in the 40s, don't look at me

There's this kind of tubby kid at our school who wears shorts and sandals in Winter. His legs are pasty and unsightly. My mental image of you is now a pasty fat kid who likes to show off his bedsheet white skin.
[/quote]

Sad
[/quote]
haha, I know exactly who he's talking about.

Hahahahaha.

Don't worry versus, there's no way you're that bad.

P.s. it was around -10 today, that was winter jacket weather.  Anything under about 20* F is, but at 20 I can wear either my coat or my sweatshirt.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Versus - 01-24-2011

:-*

i dunno. when it's dry and hot, that usually just means sweat actually evaporates.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Vlambo - 01-24-2011

2 feet of snow on the ground, 70+ km/h winds, -15 C?

Looks like its shorts and crocs weather

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Kirby - 01-24-2011

(01-23-2011, 03:41 PM)geoff link Wrote: there is this chill bro at school who wears shorts and sandals (black socks) in winter.  he basically is the most popular kid in school we blaze up everyday after lax practice and maybe smash some nattys.  my mental image of you is now a sick lax bro who likes to chill.

i heard about sum blazn azns in here where they at. ???

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - k0ala - 01-29-2011

I learned how to change the sparkplugs and the oil on my bike. I learned that I can strip all the plastic pieces off and push it down to the "car wash" corner of the parking lot (the one with the hose) and wash the oil off, and I can put the bike back together and tighten all the screws, in one day.

I also learned that the next day will be lost to recovery from having to bend and stoop and twist so much.

I learned that the bike is still backfiring. Time to look at it in the shop.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Stein - 01-29-2011

(01-29-2011, 11:56 AM)k0ala link Wrote: I learned how to change the sparkplugs and the oil on my bike. I learned that I can strip all the plastic pieces off and push it down to the "car wash" corner of the parking lot (the one with the hose) and wash the oil off, and I can put the bike back together and tighten all the screws, in one day.

I also learned that the next day will be lost to recovery from having to bend and stoop and twist so much.

And old coilpack doesn't cause that, does it?

P.S. I ordered sparks and plugs today :p.  $53 shipped/taxed for all oem. Also going to be ordering a PCV valve, fuel filter, maybe a rear wiper blade (prob not), and eventually brake pads unless I take someone up on their offer of $140 for rear disc brakes/hubs and front brakes, but on top of that I'd soon need new pads.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Spore - 01-29-2011

id decided on the name Doom for their new game due to this scene with Tom Cruise in The Color of Money.

(0:00-0:40)
Tom Cruise in The Color of Money

For real.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - KarthXLR - 01-29-2011

Uncle Billy is a pretty cool guy, albeit a biggot,  but my Uncle Brian is insane. He's like Mr. Grey on Overdrive.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - k0ala - 01-30-2011

(01-29-2011, 03:33 PM)Stein link Wrote: [quote author=k0ala link=topic=4539.msg194263#msg194263 date=1296320180]
I learned how to change the sparkplugs and the oil on my bike. I learned that I can strip all the plastic pieces off and push it down to the "car wash" corner of the parking lot (the one with the hose) and wash the oil off, and I can put the bike back together and tighten all the screws, in one day.

P.S. I ordered sparks and plugs today :p.  $53 shipped/taxed for all oem. Also going to be ordering a PCV valve, fuel filter, maybe a rear wiper blade (prob not), and eventually brake pads unless I take someone up on their offer of $140 for rear disc brakes/hubs and front brakes, but on top of that I'd soon need new pads.
[/quote]

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure: always get new brake pads when you can. I dragged my feet on getting new rear brake pads and now I have this useless brake rotor that needs replacing because of the deep grooves -- $10 for pads and $150 for the rotor.

I don't think it's the coils that are causing my bike to backfire. I think the valves need adjusting. Wish me luck, for next Thursday I will take it apart down to the valve cover and fool around inside.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - HeK - 01-30-2011

(01-30-2011, 02:55 PM)k0ala link Wrote: [quote author=Stein link=topic=4539.msg194308#msg194308 date=1296333195]
[quote author=k0ala link=topic=4539.msg194263#msg194263 date=1296320180]

[/quote]

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure: always get new brake pads when you can. I dragged my feet on getting new rear brake pads and now I have this useless brake rotor that needs replacing because of the deep grooves -- $10 for pads and $150 for the rotor.

I don't think it's the coils that are causing my bike to backfire. I think the valves need adjusting. Wish me luck, for next Thursday I will take it apart down to the valve cover and fool around inside.
[/quote]

Don't forget to check your cap and rotor for wear, and re-time.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Stein - 01-30-2011

(01-30-2011, 02:55 PM)k0ala link Wrote: [quote author=Stein link=topic=4539.msg194308#msg194308 date=1296333195]
[quote author=k0ala link=topic=4539.msg194263#msg194263 date=1296320180]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I have rear drums... But it costs about $70 shipped (compared to $100 shipped at the next lowest price) for two brake pads... blech.
One of the local Subaru guys is going to bring his jack and stands to work and stop by my house afterwards to do the plugs/PCV valve/fuel filter and take a look at my clutch cable because I think I fucked it up trying to tighten it Smile.

I love subaru drivers. Except the fucking ricer teenagers.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - HeK - 01-30-2011

(01-30-2011, 09:45 PM)Stein link Wrote: One of the local Subaru guys is going to bring his jack and stands to work and stop by my house afterwards to do the plugs/PCV valve/fuel filter and take a look at my clutch cable because I think I fucked it up trying to tighten it Smile.

You don't need to raise the car to do any of that. It's all on top of the engine.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Didzo - 02-12-2011

I've learned more things than usual this week. Or, rather, I've just reconfirmed the validity of some things I had already known.

1) Women are evil, omniscient beings. Disregard females, acquire wealth.
2) Your brain is not suicidal. Your heart holds no qualms against skydiving without packing a parachute. Trust your brain.
3) ????
4) Profit