Be Right Back, Uninstalling
APB - The long con - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: APB - The long con (/showthread.php?tid=11702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Re: APB - Maxon - 08-05-2010

http://na.apb.com/en/news/2010/08/05/the-future-of-ltl

Basically they are making LTL's a smidge easier for teams by reducing the release time, but mostly ignoring the stun length (3 seconds reduced is nothing), and still making the experience pretty lame for criminals by not giving them anything...which they think is cool, cause LTL's are gonna get upgrades and new preset guns :\

I hope they have something planned, cause most of the changes, don't really change much for the criminals and in fact only making them worse by bringing in open slot weapons.

Re: APB - Versus - 08-05-2010

interesting

Re: APB - Maxon - 08-06-2010

1.31 is out Tuesday, bringing the matchmaking changes, bounty system changes, and weapon tweaks.

Re: APB - Versus - 08-06-2010

Fuck yeah.

Re: APB - Maxon - 08-06-2010

Not sure if any of the changes are SIGNIFICANT, but count me back in to playing on Monday for this.

Re: APB - Turtle - 08-06-2010

(08-06-2010, 05:39 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Not sure if any of the changes are SIGNIFICANT, but count me back in to playing on Monday for this.
not having bounty is enough for me to be happy

Re: APB - Surf314 - 08-06-2010

Get Legit Son

:-\ This is the only thing killing the game for me now.

Re: APB - Turtle - 08-06-2010

Once they turn punkbusters on again that won't be a problem

Re: APB - KarthXLR - 08-10-2010

weapon balancing update is out.

Re: APB - copulatingduck - 08-10-2010

are they balanced?

Re: APB - Maxon - 08-10-2010

GENERAL

* An issue has been resolved where players with AMD Phenom processors were getting disconnected after joining a district.
    * A number of server crashes have been fixed.
    * A number of client crashes have been fixed.
    * Players and Clans will now receive the correct reward packages for monthly leagues.

GAMEPLAY

* The mission 'Breadcrumbs' now has a time limit.
    * The mission 'Looking for Vincent' now has a time limit.
    * Criminal v Criminal matchmaking has been turned off.
    * System-generated bounties have been turned off.
    * N-Tec: Base accuracy has been reduced slightly.
    * N-Tec: Movement penalty has been reduced slightly to compensate for base accuracy change.
    * N-Tec: Number of shots before accuracy degradation is applied has been lowered (becomes less accurate faster).
    * N-Tec: Maximum level of inaccuracy the weapon can reach has been slightly increased.
    * N-Tec: Benefit gained via Marksmanship mode has been slightly reduced.
    * OCA-EW: Minimum damage percentage at max range has been increased slightly.
    * OCA-EW: Base accuracy has been reduced slightly.
    * OCA-EW: Max Range has been reduced by 5m & Effective range reduced by a further 2m.
    * OCA-EW: Number of shots before accuracy degradation is applied has been lowered (becomes less accurate faster).
    * OCA-EW: Magazine capacity of the weapon has been reduced from 34 to 28 rounds.
    * The NL-9 has been reworked to behave similar to the JG-840 shotgun.

INTERFACE

* Items no longer take an excessive amount of time to load when previewing them on the Marketplace.
    * The in-game browser can now correctly display 'reCAPTCHA' elements on web pages.
    * The Marketplace now automatically generates auctions for display tokens.

Re: APB - HeK - 08-10-2010

N-tec still rapes.
However it rapes slightly less when I'm shoving a shotgun in their face.
That said, it still feels very unbalanced.

Re: APB - Maxon - 08-10-2010

It could use abit more tweaking, but I was going around with my shotty and kicking ass, but it could use a slightly speed upgrade.  Getting instantly owned by an OCA, which still dominates up close, can be annoying, but as long as your not running around in the open, you can survive.  I do see more people using the longer range rifles, while annoying, at least makes more sense.

Also the next thing they need to hurry up and release are the matchmaking changes.  If it wasn't me and Karth fighting high levels with maxed out character upgrades, it was me and Duck fighting low levels with no upgrades at all.  I prefer the latter, but having gone through that pain, it doesn't make the game that rewarding.

Re: APB - copulatingduck - 08-11-2010

Yea, Turtle and I got stuck as threat lvl1 rank 10ish crims versus rank 290 enforcers. Pretty fucking stupid, I'm getting into the habit of just leaving the district when I get stuck in a retardedly stacked mission that's going to last more than 10 minutes.

Re: APB - KarthXLR - 08-11-2010

As soon as they find some common sense somewhere in their british minds, they'll (hopefully) fix the retarded matchmaking system.

Re: APB - copulatingduck - 08-11-2010

i doubt it. not having punkbuster enabled because you cant figure out how to make a decade old technology work with your game is fucking retarded

Re: APB - Vandamguy - 08-11-2010

even if they enable punkbuster it doesn't work.

Re: APB - Maxon - 08-11-2010

Yeah it's not gonna fix everything to have it working properly.  It would cut down, but from the sound of it, they aren't exactly going hard against the hackers at the moment, but then again, the forums are terrible over there lol

At least the gold sellers are gone.  It's nice sitting in Social and not getting spammed to shit or getting whispers and mail from them.

Re: APB - Surf314 - 08-11-2010

(08-11-2010, 07:25 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Yeah it's not gonna fix everything to have it working properly.  It would cut down, but from the sound of it, they aren't exactly going hard against the hackers at the moment, but then again, the forums are terrible over there lol

At least the gold sellers are gone.  It's nice sitting in Social and not getting spammed to shit or getting whispers and mail from them.

I think they are slowly getting a handle on things. This is a company that has never released an MMO and developers that have never fully executed their good ideas. I think the fact that they have a while to work on this may come to be one of the best parts of this game though, since crackdown 1&2 would have been amazing if it didn't seem so unpolished.

Re: APB - Maxon - 08-11-2010

Which was shocking, since Crackdown 2 uses the same engine and setting...and powers...and story, but now with mutants and resistance members...oh...wait.  That's not shocking, that's just sad :C Not that it wasn't still crazy entertaining with buddies.