Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. (/showthread.php?tid=11550)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - rumsfald - 05-16-2013

This week I learned that it is necessary to often diffuse the cult of personality.

Know this, I have the feels for all of you BRBuers

But when you post stuff like this:

Quote:BRB, taking down the shrine. 

and this
Quote:I think you should compile a list of words of wisdom and sell it in a book. I know I would read it.

I must protest.

If you like what I say, then internalize it and pay it forward.

But please, don't glorify me.

I am a flawed and often wrong individual. I don't try to be a anything but just a messenger for truth.

Sometimes I am right, sometimes I am wrong.

Focus on the message, not the messenger.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Didzo - 05-16-2013

I think it's more the formatting of the messages than the messenger or the messages that draws people in. Sometimes people take just the cleverness of the formatting and message delivery as the value of the entire package. And sometimes people like to be cheeky and cute.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Chooly - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 08:10 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: This week I learned that it is necessary to often diffuse the cult of personality.

Know this, I have the feels for all of you BRBuers

But when you post stuff like this:

Quote:BRB, taking down the shrine. 

and this
Quote:I think you should compile a list of words of wisdom and sell it in a book. I know I would read it.

I must protest.

If you like what I say, then internalize it and pay it forward.

But please, don't glorify me.

I am a flawed and often wrong individual. I don't try to be a anything but just a messenger for truth.

Sometimes I am right, sometimes I am wrong.

Focus on the message, not the messenger.

+1

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Kor - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 09:01 PM)WoahItsChooly link Wrote: +1

He's got enough of those.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Chief - 05-17-2013

(05-16-2013, 11:04 PM)Kor link Wrote: [quote author=WoahItsChooly link=topic=4539.msg266875#msg266875 date=1368756094]
+1

He's got enough of those.
[/quote]im not sure how to give a quality +1, so im more than happy to give him a higher quantity of +1s

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Vlambo - 05-17-2013

Going to the gym is actually kind of fun.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - A. Crow - 05-17-2013

I learned you can't make a joke about having a shrine to rummy, because he might believe you. 

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Surf314 - 05-17-2013

Not having a car is not that bad. I've biked quite a bit of miles since turning my lease in and I've saved quite a bit of money. Plus I think my muscles are embiggening.

My brother has been doing this for the past couple months.  He finally had his first accident last week... left half the skin from his leg on the pavement when a pedestrian stepped infront of him without looking. 

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Vlambo - 05-17-2013

(05-17-2013, 09:05 AM)LT Crow link Wrote: My brother has been doing this for the past couple months.  He finally had his first accident last week... left half the skin from his leg on the pavement when a pedestrian stepped infront of him without looking. 

Reason why I will never use a bike or motorcycle in my City

1) Everyone is fucking retarded, can't drive, and I want a steel cage around me

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Surf314 - 05-17-2013

(05-17-2013, 09:05 AM)LT Crow link Wrote: My brother has been doing this for the past couple months.  He finally had his first accident last week... left half the skin from his leg on the pavement when a pedestrian stepped infront of him without looking. 

Bike laws here make you give extreme deference to pedestrians to the point of getting off the sidewalk to go around them. I've gotten in the habit of being overly cautious when riding because I do not want to screw up my new bike or myself.

I'm of the opinion he should have just left a tire track on the bitch.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - KarthXLR - 05-17-2013

caramel vodka = good

vanilla vodka = VERY BAD

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Dtrain323i - 05-17-2013

I learned that boobytrap spelled backwards is party boob

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - FlyingMongoose - 05-17-2013

I learned that the Android Studio IDE is doing shit that no other IDE is doing that fall under the category of; "why the fuck didn't you other ide designers think of this!?"

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - rumsfald - 05-17-2013

(05-17-2013, 01:56 PM)Dtrain323i link Wrote: I learned that boobytrap spelled backwards is party boob

[Image: Keanu_Whoa.png]

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - kaese - 05-17-2013

You're not supposed to bike on the sidewalk.  At least not here since they are considered to be vehicles.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Elder - 05-18-2013

Surveying and well installation, surficial geology of Illinois, and god damn episodic glaciers were all over the place

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - Surf314 - 05-19-2013

(05-17-2013, 08:23 PM)Käse link Wrote: You're not supposed to bike on the sidewalk.  At least not here since they are considered to be vehicles.

Here you can but you have to yield to pedestrians. I think either by getting off the sidewalk and going around them or by getting off your bike and walking past them.

Re: Its FRIDAY, what have you learned this week. - CaffeinePowered - 05-19-2013

when doing a beer tasting, do not drink too much