Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [SMP Server Up] - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [SMP Server Up] (/showthread.php?tid=10641)

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - beep beep diglett - 07-24-2010

this map fucking rapes

petition to remove all gravel/sand though

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - beep beep diglett - 07-25-2010

my rank is fucked up

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Kirby - 07-25-2010

Stop fucking with stuff.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Kirby - 07-25-2010

So yeah, I'm playing alpha and I was improving on my uber kickass pad that's built into the side of a hill, when I got jumped by a pair of creepers who came thru the one tile I forgot to replace on my roof and blew me the fuck up.

So I respawn god knows where and I start wandering around trying to get my bearings, when night falls. OHNOEZ.

So I'm wondering around at night totally un-equipped, when I crest a large mountain and lo and behold, I SEE TORCHLIGHT IN THE DISTANCE! After making much haste to the light, I find an old outpost of mine I'd long since abandoned, (Because I couldn't find it again) and restocked myself with some supplied I had cached away there. I got a trusty Iron sword, my old lucky diamond pickaxe and shovel, (So much strip mining) some Iron and leather armor, and some food.

So I again set off, vigilantly in search of my home.

About 20 minutes of fruitless searching later, I fall into a 1x1 hole that thankfully dropped my ass into a waterfall, because I fell for about 5 seconds. After gathering myself, I attempt to locate a way out of the cave into which I had fallen, but it was a straight shot back up, and too lazy to carve myself a path out, I start exploring.

tl;dr

I'M AT THE BOTTOM OF AN ALPHA MAP WITH THE ADMINIUM BOTTOM WITH LIKE 120 REDSTONE I MINED AND LIKE 70 DIAMONDS AND I'M ALMOST DEAD AND JUST ABOUT OUT OF FOOD AND OH GOD HELP MEEEEEEEE.

-edit-

Found a (really big) cave I made with like 4 piles of h4xed in TNT a while ago, there's like a million blobs in here.

If you count them as big=3 and med=2 blobs, there's over 50 blobs in there.

-edit2-

Fucking around with blobs, I gew mobbed by like a million little ones that don't hurt you, just bounce into you.

They all pushed me into lava. =(

I respawned within sight of the base I was trying to get back to.

=(

[Image: omgblob.jpg]

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - copulatingduck - 07-25-2010

after reading your post Kirby this game sounds a lot more interesting than I initially thought....

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Chief - 07-25-2010

you respawn at the same place you first spawned when you entered the world

and duck this game is fucking amazing

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - backfire - 07-25-2010

(07-25-2010, 06:49 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: and duck this game is fucking amazing

Playing alpha is time consuming, but it's hella fun. You just need to get into the mindset of... well... settlers in the western frontier circa 1850's

Lots of manual labor for everything

Still hella fun.

I do kinda cheat in Alpha though...

I always have unlimited stacks of normal torches!

Nothing's more retarded than running out of torches.

diglett your shit's back to normal

Fuck with my roof again and so help me I'm /cuboid'ing everything you make with op_glass.

Server can tell me who last built a block, or deleted a block. Any block, even across server restarts. Keep that in mind.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - beep beep diglett - 07-25-2010

oh, the spawn point was the problem, i though u demoted me because i deleted a couple of small sand islands, durp

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - VeraLapsa - 07-25-2010

Hey Kirby what to you use to hack the alpha? I've been using cheat engine but it doesn't seem like the ideal way.

I once dug strait down and found this.
[Image: flaming%20spider%20in%20cage.jpg]
Full Version

and TNT is fun also my attempt at reed farming.
[Image: Minecraftpano1.jpg]

Just made this one and didn't want to double post. It's another view of my reed farm.
[Image: Minecraftpano2.jpg]
Full Version

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Chief - 07-25-2010

(07-25-2010, 10:19 PM)Wolfwood link Wrote: Hey Kirby what to you use to hack the alpha? I've been using cheat engine but it doesn't seem like the ideal way.

I'll have to post some pics. I once dug strait down and found 2 chests and a flaming spider in a cage.
MineEdit: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=14733

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - VeraLapsa - 07-25-2010

(07-25-2010, 10:51 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: [quote author=Wolfwood link=topic=3590.msg166154#msg166154 date=1280114376]
Hey Kirby what to you use to hack the alpha? I've been using cheat engine but it doesn't seem like the ideal way.

I'll have to post some pics. I once dug strait down and found 2 chests and a flaming spider in a cage.
MineEdit: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=14733
[/quote]
Thanks TDC  ;D

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Kirby - 07-26-2010

The flaming spider in a cage was a mob spawner block. The mob inside is what it spawns, they protect the chests. That was a dungeon you found.

Those are the only normal way in the game to get mossy cobblestone, that stuff is durable - It can withstand creeper detonations and really weaken TNT, so get every block you can.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - copulatingduck - 07-26-2010

Well it won't accept my cards for whatever reason, so I guess I won't be getting this game Sad

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Kirby - 07-26-2010

(07-26-2010, 01:37 PM)Duck link Wrote: Well it won't accept my cards for whatever reason, so I guess I won't be getting this game Sad

Do you haz paypal?

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Duck, Duck, Goose - 07-26-2010

(07-26-2010, 01:37 PM)Duck link Wrote: Well it won't accept my cards for whatever reason, so I guess I won't be getting this game Sad
I found a torrent with the latest version to play around and understand what all the hype is outside of creative.

(Of course, I still plan on buying it.)

I just love the irony of running a .exe file on a linux server.

The current map we have now with a 3rd party server app, is sucking up 119MBof RAM and idles @ 0.0 CPU load. It stays there even with half a dozen people connected. The only real CPU usage is when flooding occurs, or someone connects. (for the non-nix inclined, 1.0 == 100% load, 0.5 would be 50%)

Running the old small map with the vanilla MC server with 0 people connected, it idled at like 0.15-0.30 and used about 140MB RAM.

When I uploaded the retarded resized copy of that map, it idled with 0 people at 100% CPU usage, and sucked up almost half a gig of RAM.

TL;DR

3rd party server runs maps 5x bigger than what stock mc server can do while using ~15% of the RAM and 100% less CPU.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - beep beep diglett - 07-26-2010

whats funny: putting dicks on things

whats not funny: putting lava on things

thank you and good night

(07-26-2010, 04:12 PM)dagrett link Wrote: whats funny: putting dicks on things

whats not funny: putting lava on things

thank you and good night

I could have made the lava NOT hollow and take like a million blocks to remove if you would have preferred that?

Now we're even.

Also I decided I wanted to get some nice views of my Alpha map thus far.....

(Before you ask, yes I will generate you images from your maps if you'd like)

For those of us who are cool and play Alpha, the strange cliff dropoffs and square massive pillars of stone are kind of common sight now, but when we go a mile up in the sky... the render engine's bugs just become lol-worthy

Images are clicky for full size (about 3500x3500)

Here's the normal day-view

[Image: map2-obliqueangle-day.jpg]

Here's a sexy shot of the underground tunnel networks

Is it just me, or does Notch's tunnel generator seem to be based on making one little start point and expanding out from that point only?

[Image: map2-obliqueangle-cave-day.jpg]

Here's the tunnels superimposed over the map for reference.

[Image: map2-obliqueangle-day-composite.jpg]

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - ZargonX - 07-26-2010

What are you guys using to get those screenshots; specifically, the fish-eye ones?