Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [SMP Server Up] - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [SMP Server Up] (/showthread.php?tid=10641)

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - copulatingduck - 08-01-2010

(08-01-2010, 12:11 PM)Maxon link Wrote: I had to start a new map, cause I was out just exploring, seeing what new areas I can find, maybe looking for a new cavern system.  Well after digging a small hole like a million miles down, I realized that I was really fucking deep.  So using rocks, I spent forever climbing up.  Well I didn't take safety in mind, missed a jump, fell for a very long time, lost all my gear.  It's at the bottom of a hole like a mile down and it'll take forever to get back, so I said screw it, started a new world, no longer snow and I'm building myself an island fortress...OF DOOM!  Now if there were only towns in the game, so I could plot their demise >_>

Apparently your gear disappears after a set timelimit, that's what Backfire told me but I have no idea what the time is. So maybe that'll make you feel a little better about ditching your stuff, since it wouldve probably been gone anyways :\

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Kirby - 08-01-2010

(08-01-2010, 03:35 PM)Duck link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=3590.msg167207#msg167207 date=1280682675]
I had to start a new map, cause I was out just exploring, seeing what new areas I can find, maybe looking for a new cavern system.  Well after digging a small hole like a million miles down, I realized that I was really fucking deep.  So using rocks, I spent forever climbing up.  Well I didn't take safety in mind, missed a jump, fell for a very long time, lost all my gear.  It's at the bottom of a hole like a mile down and it'll take forever to get back, so I said screw it, started a new world, no longer snow and I'm building myself an island fortress...OF DOOM!  Now if there were only towns in the game, so I could plot their demise >_>

Apparently your gear disappears after a set timelimit, that's what Backfire told me but I have no idea what the time is. So maybe that'll make you feel a little better about ditching your stuff, since it wouldve probably been gone anyways :\
[/quote]

It can take a while, but it's always exactly the time it would take you to locate and retrieve all of it, minus ~3 seconds.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Maxon - 08-01-2010

Well this has been a great restart.  Found a fantastic cavern system and came across my first cavern loot and enemy spawner, which explained all the spiders coming after me and I think I found another one though I needed to hurry on out before I died lol

Is there a way to destroy enemy spawners? I managed to get the loot and then just closed up the little hole that had the spiders spawning lol

Also are the black rocks I found, all black and bumpy, just lava cooled by the water and is it possible to mine and use?  Figured I'd ask.  Lava rock fortress would be sweet lol

And one other question, is that a saddle I looted? Twice?  It looks like one, but I haven't seen animals to ride if that is what it means.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - backfire - 08-01-2010

(08-01-2010, 09:33 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Well this has been a great restart.  Found a fantastic cavern system and came across my first cavern loot and enemy spawner, which explained all the spiders coming after me and I think I found another one though I needed to hurry on out before I died lol

Is there a way to destroy enemy spawners? I managed to get the loot and then just closed up the little hole that had the spiders spawning lol

Also are the black rocks I found, all black and bumpy, just lava cooled by the water and is it possible to mine and use?  Figured I'd ask.  Lava rock fortress would be sweet lol

And one other question, is that a saddle I looted? Twice?  It looks like one, but I haven't seen animals to ride if that is what it means.

Throw it on a pig. Bonus points if you ride a pig riding a minecart. :p

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - ZargonX - 08-01-2010

(08-01-2010, 09:33 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Well this has been a great restart.  Found a fantastic cavern system and came across my first cavern loot and enemy spawner, which explained all the spiders coming after me and I think I found another one though I needed to hurry on out before I died lol

The enemy spawners can't be destroyed as far as I know.  I tend to seal them up in stone to take care of them, but I'm not even sure if that works.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - beep beep diglett - 08-01-2010

enemy spawners require diamond pickaxes i think

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Maxon - 08-02-2010

WHY DOES MY WORKBENCH EXPLODE?! I thought I was done seeing this problem, but after idling about to smelt some ore, I come back to realize I have holes in my house and my workbench is gone.  Why does it do this?

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - ZargonX - 08-02-2010

(08-02-2010, 12:01 AM)Maxon link Wrote: WHY DOES MY WORKBENCH EXPLODE?! I thought I was done seeing this problem, but after idling about to smelt some ore, I come back to realize I have holes in my house and my workbench is gone.  Why does it do this?

Sounds like a Creeper blew up next to your house, maybe?

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Kirby - 08-02-2010

confirming diamond pickaxes destroy mob spawn blocks, though why you would want to destroy a 100% stead stream of crafting materials I will never know. You simply harness it. =)

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - beep beep diglett - 08-02-2010

(08-02-2010, 09:06 AM)Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link Wrote: confirming diamond pickaxes destroy mob spawn blocks, though why you would want to destroy a 100% stead stream of crafting materials I will never know. You simply harness it. =)

you used to get pig spawners from them, i made a pork factory with one

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Duck, Duck, Goose - 08-02-2010

So holy shit my credit card arrived pretty early, so I just have to activate it tomorrow then purchase the game. ;D ;D ;D

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Maxon - 08-02-2010

(08-02-2010, 08:52 AM)ZargonX link Wrote: Sounds like a Creeper blew up next to your house, maybe?

Nope, doors were closed, there's no way to actually get inside my house and the explosion mostly definitely came from the workbench.  There were a couple holes were it was sitting, some holes in the roof that is now the second floor, some glass and walls were gone on either side of the closest walls and glass was missing out of another.  Luckily my furnace seemed to be far enough way that I didn't lose that too.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - shoopfox - 08-02-2010

I've heard of that happening on /v/ once or twice but no one figured out what was up

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - backfire - 08-03-2010

Okay, so if you place an empty minecart (chest cart would be best) between your minecart and the powered cart, it apperantly works much better (IE can actually push you up hills).

Also, I'll say this so I have more motivation to do it, but I'm gunna write up a nice startup guide to Minecraft for BRBu sometime tomorrow. Then when SMP comes out, I'll make a new thread for that (this'll be for the creative server if it stays up) and probably make a fancy banner for that too. Some undetermined amount of time afterwards, I'll make a big front page post explaining to all those who're still scratching their heads about this what this whole thing's about and why people are so interested in it.

That said, I'll probably procrastinate the hell outta these.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - copulatingduck - 08-03-2010

step 1: minecraft owns, buy minecraft
step 2: play minecraft

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Duck, Duck, Goose - 08-03-2010

Started some single player, cracked v 1.0.5 since I'm buying it later in the week anyways.

Here's some screenshots, made an igloo and stuff. Start of Day 3.

[Image: igloo.jpg]
The igloo.

[Image: igloo_int.jpg]
Interior (lol giant chest)

[Image: igloo_overlook_front.jpg]
On top of the igloo, overlooking the entrance.

[Image: igloo_overlook_back.jpg]
On top of the igloo, looking towards the back of the igloo.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - backfire - 08-03-2010

Quote:Sometimes I go too long before releasing stuff, and I end up in a situation where caution, pride and laziness all work together to keep postponing thing even further.

I’m releasing the SMP server tomorrow so we can get some testing done while I’m in Berlin, pretty much regardless of what state of completion it is in. But caution, pride and laziness strikes anyway, stressing me out. I’m working hard on polishing it at much as I can, getting rid of bugs and trying to get an auto-updater done for it.

The last thing I finished was visible player attack/mine animations (they’re silly!) and visible carts and boats, and I’m still working on the inventory management. We’ll see how much I actually manage to implement, so I won’t promise any more features, but the release is coming tomorrow no matter what. Probably early in the day, so I can fix any huge bugs before leaving.

Once it’s out, the initial fear of release will be gone, and it’ll be easier for me to update it.

Well, one more day then...

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Versus - 08-03-2010

(08-03-2010, 08:44 AM)backfire link Wrote:
Notch Wrote:Sometimes I go too long before releasing stuff, and I end up in a situation where caution, pride and laziness all work together to keep postponing thing even further.

I’m releasing the SMP server tomorrow so we can get some testing done while I’m in Berlin, pretty much regardless of what state of completion it is in. But caution, pride and laziness strikes anyway, stressing me out. I’m working hard on polishing it at much as I can, getting rid of bugs and trying to get an auto-updater done for it.

The last thing I finished was visible player attack/mine animations (they’re silly!) and visible carts and boats, and I’m still working on the inventory management. We’ll see how much I actually manage to implement, so I won’t promise any more features, but the release is coming tomorrow no matter what. Probably early in the day, so I can fix any huge bugs before leaving.

Once it’s out, the initial fear of release will be gone, and it’ll be easier for me to update it.

while we're sleeping, i guess.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Duck, Duck, Goose - 08-03-2010

(08-03-2010, 11:03 AM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=3590.msg167458#msg167458 date=1280843063]
Notch Wrote:Sometimes I go too long before releasing stuff, and I end up in a situation where caution, pride and laziness all work together to keep postponing thing even further.

he also lives in europe, which means we'll see it later today
[/quote]He lives in Sweden, so 6 hours ahead of EST.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Up] - Kirby - 08-03-2010

Hopefully the server is much more optimized than that memory leaking, cpu nomming, featureless piece of shiiiiit awesome dedicated server Notch made for mpc, and I'll actually run it.