Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [SMP Server Up] - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [SMP Server Up] (/showthread.php?tid=10641)

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - backfire - 08-11-2010

Minecraft is Just Awesome

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - MasterGH - 08-12-2010

While dad was borrowing my PC to play Oblivion (he's nearly at 110 hours) and since I'm getting bored of waiting for my upgraded account to happen (looking at my PayPal page it should hopefully be tomorrow), I decided to see how well my sister's netbook runs the old creative mode. On a normal sized map, this thing pulls off a massive 10 FPS at short render distance. It's 1-2 FPS on far and 2-3 FPS on medium. Ouch. At least Tiny distance gives 30 FPS. To compare, normal map size runs at 600 FPS+ on FAR with my normal PC.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - copulatingduck - 08-12-2010

lol thats awful

then again thats what happens when you make your game in java

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - MasterGH - 08-12-2010

(08-12-2010, 03:12 AM)Duck link Wrote: lol thats awful

then again thats what happens when you make your game in java
Pretty sure the main issue is the Intel graphics Wink

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - copulatingduck - 08-12-2010

Oh no doubt, but the framerate in this game is fucking AWFUL, I actually get a better framerate in crysis than minecraft that so I figured I'd rag on it juts a little bit

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - DragonEkarus - 08-12-2010

(08-11-2010, 02:31 PM)backfire link Wrote: Minecraft is Just Awesome
That video is still awesome XD ...I also need to figure out where the hell I am and how to get back to my base then top the explosion at 0:40...

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - backfire - 08-12-2010

So it seems we aren't getting server side inventory until sometime next week. On the bright side though, he's at least doing another seecret update tomorrow. I'm hopin for some more redstone stuff. Put my 7 stacks of the crap to use.

Edit: ooh, maybe a local cartographer that runs on restone dust. And beacons!

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Luinbariel - 08-12-2010

What the hell IS that green and white explodey guy anyway? I HATE THAT GUY.

He's a dick.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Maxon - 08-12-2010

Creepers are annoying as hell, though I hate skeletons the most.

And I really hope they put in a proper map system or at least a way to set up waypoints so you can find your way around without getting lost.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - backfire - 08-12-2010

(08-12-2010, 12:56 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Creepers are annoying as hell, though I hate skeletons the most.

And I really hope they put in a proper map system or at least a way to set up waypoints so you can find your way around without getting lost.

They're called beacons. You make em out of cobblestone and torches. Works wonders for not getting lost.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - shoopfox - 08-12-2010

I want more redstone uses. I have so many full stacks and nothing do do beside make train junctions.

I want movable blocks so we can build redstone robots.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Kirby - 08-12-2010

(08-12-2010, 01:38 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=3590.msg168944#msg168944 date=1281635783]
Creepers are annoying as hell, though I hate skeletons the most.

They're called beacons. You make em out of cobblestone and torches. Works wonders for not getting lost.
[/quote]

I keep 3 or 4 stacks of gravel with me for this, make a 1x2 tower as high as you possibly can, then you can just shovel one of the rows to get off your insanely high tower.

(or make a set of armor via h4x that have -99999 durability, and you've got godmode to just jump down, but thats cheeting.)

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - MasterGH - 08-13-2010

So, I'm watching Notch develop The Tiny Vikings at the moment. See here. Stream is a bit choppy but it's still pretty interesting. Could be old footage though...I'm not sure.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - beep beep diglett - 08-13-2010

yea, thats old. i think it was for a contest or something

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - MasterGH - 08-13-2010

Yeah...I started wondering when he started talking to people when I was the only one watching!  b)

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - DragonEkarus - 08-13-2010

Okay... My PC nearly died twice while I was labeling this so I think it's a sign that I need to use You-Tube videos from here on out...

[Image: map2-thumb.jpg]

I do not apologize for making you have to click a link to view the image because I don't think you'd appreciate having to load a 13.9 MB JPG every time you opened this particular chunk of the thread.

The "Alpha Outpost" was completely, utterly destroyed when a creeper set off the Self-Destruct device (Was is ever an epic explosion though XD) My current project is locating the Chest I burred filled with several tons of clay (Assuming each 'block' of clay weighs around 30 to 50 LBS) and managing to navigate back to the Bridge to Nowhere to store the clay in the Obsidian Safe room.

EDIT:
Fell into a pit of fail that I couldn't get out of, final world size was 53.44 MB

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - BS1 - 08-13-2010

Took a break with the stairs/tree plantation. Working on a lighthouse/bridge. I'm going to dig out this whole mountain too. Smile

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - shoopfox - 08-13-2010

Aww man I want biomes and monster villages.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - backfire - 08-13-2010

(08-13-2010, 07:38 PM)Señor Pinchy link Wrote: Aww man I want biomes and monster villages.

DAMN YOU FRIDAY THE 13TH!

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - tracedarkwind - 08-14-2010

is there a ip to the brbu minecraft server?