Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [SMP Server Up] - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [SMP Server Up] (/showthread.php?tid=10641)

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - DragonEkarus - 08-14-2010

it's kinda down o.=.o *points to thread title*

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - shoopfox - 08-14-2010

Actually even more than movable blocks right now I want minecarts to snap together into a train when close enough, and powered carts to pull instead of push. I hate when your train falls apart because ramps don't affect powered carts like plain ones Sad

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - DragonEkarus - 08-14-2010

(08-14-2010, 03:08 AM)Señor Pinchy link Wrote: Actually even more than movable blocks right now I want minecarts to snap together into a train when close enough, and powered carts to pull instead of push. I hate when your train falls apart because ramps don't affect powered carts like plain ones Sad

There are two solutions to the powered mine cart problem, that and this: Putting some form of switch on the cart that designates which way it's going then add fuel for it to go, this way allowing you to rig up several of them to go in the right direction instead of putting the fuel in two then losing the carts.

Still, at the same time I can understand if they were made intentionally difficult to use, mine carts weren't really intended to transport personnel just rock, ore, dirt, and gear which they do damn fine currently.

One more thing, powered mine carts that push the player are weird but require extra to get up hills. a 1/1 slope requires (I believe) 2 to 3 Powered Mine carts pushing and a 1/2 (Up one face forward two faces) requires one cart if it's JUST pushing a player, and even then it just barely makes it.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - backfire - 08-14-2010

(08-14-2010, 11:01 AM)Ekarus Ryndren link Wrote: [quote author=Señor Pinchy link=topic=3590.msg169250#msg169250 date=1281773329]
Actually even more than movable blocks right now I want minecarts to snap together into a train when close enough, and powered carts to pull instead of push. I hate when your train falls apart because ramps don't affect powered carts like plain ones Sad

There are two solutions to the powered mine cart problem, that and this: Putting some form of switch on the cart that designates which way it's going then add fuel for it to go, this way allowing you to rig up several of them to go in the right direction instead of putting the fuel in two then losing the carts.

Still, at the same time I can understand if they were made intentionally difficult to use, mine carts weren't really intended to transport personnel just rock, ore, dirt, and gear which they do damn fine currently.

One more thing, powered mine carts that push the player are weird but require extra to get up hills. a 1/1 slope requires (I believe) 2 to 3 Powered Mine carts pushing and a 1/2 (Up one face forward two faces) requires one cart if it's JUST pushing a player, and even then it just barely makes it.
[/quote]

I just use the cart launcher method. Basically is has your cart run parallel with another right next to it and that somehow gives the cart unlimited velocity.

Minecraft - Minecart Launcher

(08-14-2010, 01:32 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Ekarus Ryndren link=topic=3590.msg169258#msg169258 date=1281801673]
[quote author=Señor Pinchy link=topic=3590.msg169250#msg169250 date=1281773329]

[/quote]

I just use the cart launcher method. Basically is has your cart run parallel with another right next to it and that somehow gives the cart unlimited velocity.

Minecraft - Minecart Launcher

[/quote]
Yup.. gonna be using that from now on...

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Luinbariel - 08-14-2010

I haven't been playing with minecarts yet. I've just been building my castle >:3

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - shoopfox - 08-14-2010

I'm gonna be sad if he ever patches the launcher out. now I can get up from my mines <3

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - backfire - 08-14-2010

(08-14-2010, 04:57 PM)Señor Pinchy link Wrote: I'm gonna be sad if he ever patches the launcher out. now I can get up from my mines <3

Like in that video I posted with the swine cart, I use it to take a straight shot from my island all the way under the ocean to my mountains mines. I'm hoping powered minecarts will go faster than they currently are and not just act more powerful, because then it'd just be faster to simply walk the distance. :-\

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - MasterGH - 08-15-2010

So, since my echeck will complete either tomorrow or the next day, and my money has already come out of my account, Nitrous assisted me in getting the game set up a bit earlier in offline mode.

My humble dwelling:
[Image: 2q2hdgy.jpg]

I've also got a basic mine set up. I haven't explored much of the world yet.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Luinbariel - 08-15-2010

that's a lot of cacti...

I should take a picture of the small castle I built today.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - backfire - 08-15-2010

Finished up a good chunk of my mountain-embeded base.

[Image: mountainbase.png]

Alls left to do is add a nice lil waterfall thing on the left there and finish up my escape track. [Image: cat.gif]

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Maxon - 08-15-2010

You using a new texture pack or something?  My game doesn't look nearly that good lol

Below is my current island fortress, looking much more like it should with a big 'ole wall with towers around.  Then a shot down of my mineshaft where I get all my rock, cause I used TONS and TONS of cobblestone to make the wall and then the floor of my little ponds under the fort as seen in the third picture.  Wasn't gonna floor it up, but I saw a creeper and spider down there one time and I think they fell in and then floated under the wall or something lol

[Image: minecraftfort.jpg]

My next job is to do a long mine track out of the front of my fort to the mountains nearby where I have one the deep tunnels down that I made to my first cavern system.  Don't think I could expand my place much more than I have lol

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Luinbariel - 08-15-2010

(08-15-2010, 01:03 AM)backfire link Wrote: Finished up a good chunk of my mountain-embeded base.

[Image: mountainbase.png]

Alls left to do is add a nice lil waterfall thing on the left there and finish up my escape track. [Image: cat.gif]

OHMIGAWD WHAT IS THAT STUFF

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - copulatingduck - 08-15-2010

u have doors and books and shelves holyshit wheres the record player im sure you have one

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - backfire - 08-15-2010

Minecraft- Coastal Colony

yeah... I do, duck. :p

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - copulatingduck - 08-15-2010

amazing

have my babies

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Maxon - 08-15-2010

I'll trade you Duck's babies for the texture pack.

(08-15-2010, 02:40 AM)Maxon link Wrote: I'll trade you Duck's babies for the texture pack.

Deal

(08-15-2010, 03:54 AM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=3590.msg169349#msg169349 date=1281858045]
I'll trade you Duck's babies for the texture pack.

Deal
[/quote]

[Image: ducks-cute.jpg]

Greatest deal ever.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Surf314 - 08-15-2010

[Image: TvkCU.png]

I guess I have to buy this now.