Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [SMP Server Up] - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [SMP Server Up] (/showthread.php?tid=10641)

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - copulatingduck - 08-16-2010

(08-16-2010, 06:19 PM)MasterGH link Wrote: Hell yeah, finally got my account properly upgraded. Here's the skin I borrowed off some guy called Woofington.

is that...... Saxton Hale?!

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - beep beep diglett - 08-16-2010

(08-16-2010, 03:59 PM)Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link Wrote: [quote author=Ekarus Ryndren link=topic=3590.msg169482#msg169482 date=1281962586]
[quote author=Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link=topic=3590.msg169480#msg169480 date=1281958455]
[quote author=backfire link=topic=3590.msg169468#msg169468 date=1281939727]
[quote author=Ekarus Ryndren link=topic=3590.msg169459#msg169459 date=1281936215]
[quote author=Spore link=topic=3590.msg169384#msg169384 date=1281895746]
Does anybody have a link to that simple textures pack?

Here you go: Link

Pre warning you though, the texture pack was bugged up during the last update (Gold and Brick so far have see-though fire in em) still great though.
[/quote]

Actually it's always been like that. There's no real support for high res textures so it's more or less a hack. Think notch said he was going to add better support for high res textures sometime though.
[/quote]

There's about a million things Notch needs to do.... first being get the fuck off his retarded java fetish.
[/quote]

I don't know, a waypoint system seems a lot more important at the moment.. plus 'getting off his retarded java fetish' wouldn't that require him to re-do the whole game?
[/quote]

A compass and/or waypointing system would be so blessedly simple that I've taken their absence to mean Notch has zero plans on adding them.

When he started, the project was fine with Java. Now, however, it is far beyond Java's scope. Take the current Alpha release for example;

I launch Minecraft.exe (Which is just simply a .jar file that's been complied differently. not a real .exe file) and the thing allocates 838,020K ram to itself and promptly fills up 397,824K of that, before opening any world, or even moving the mouse inside the launcher's GUI.

.............errrr, with what? some ~50 odd textures that are around 64x64? That takes 400MB RAM? No, it doesn't. Minecraft's .jar files and all resources, including sound and music tracks, take up less than 32MB of space, even assuming Notch was using Crysis quality textures, the tiny quantity of them would still not necessitate 400MB of RAM to simply initialize and preload the entire shebang.

Comparatively, the stock creative mp server uses ~140MB ram to load a little 128x128x64 world, any 3rd party native linux, win32, or win32 .exe running under nano on linux server uses less then 70MB to load the same level.

Java is great, it powers billions of devices around the world, providing them with a myriad of abilities that when you think about it, can boggle the mind.

It isn't, however, a gaming platform. There's a reason why too.

[/quote]

i was gonna say "deal with it nerd" but if rewriting it in c++ or whatever improves performance id really like that, this game chugs at about 30 fps during night time even after it calculates lighting changes for no concievable reason and that really pisses me off, also chunk generation takes me to about 20 fps

NOTHC U BETER FIX DIS CUZI  AM A PAYIENG CUTSOMER AND I DIDNDT PAY FOR A LAGY GAEM

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - MasterGH - 08-16-2010

(08-16-2010, 08:44 PM)Duck link Wrote: [quote author=MasterGH link=topic=3590.msg169541#msg169541 date=1282000768]
Hell yeah, finally got my account properly upgraded. Here's the skin I borrowed off some guy called Woofington.

is that...... Saxton Hale?!
[/quote]
8)

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - shoopfox - 08-17-2010

Yeah I'd like the game to be a little better optimized so I can run it on my laptop decently. Playing it on my computer seems a little excessive sometimes since I usually just dick around while watching TV or something.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Luinbariel - 08-17-2010

Found my first dungeon today. It had kind of lame loot, but it also had something I don't recognize. I'm not sure if they're saddles or what.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - MasterGH - 08-17-2010

(08-17-2010, 01:48 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Found my first dungeon today. It had kind of lame loot, but it also had something I don't recognize. I'm not sure if they're saddles or what.
Neat! Smile

I found my first record today, but before I was able to collect it a creeper exploded on it.  >Sad

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Maxon - 08-17-2010

(08-17-2010, 01:48 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Found my first dungeon today. It had kind of lame loot, but it also had something I don't recognize. I'm not sure if they're saddles or what.

I've gotten two of those.  I guess you can ride a pig or cow? lol

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - DragonEkarus - 08-17-2010

(08-16-2010, 09:07 PM)dagrett link Wrote: [quote author=Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link=topic=3590.msg169524#msg169524 date=1281992361]
[quote author=Ekarus Ryndren link=topic=3590.msg169482#msg169482 date=1281962586]
[quote author=Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link=topic=3590.msg169480#msg169480 date=1281958455]
[quote author=backfire link=topic=3590.msg169468#msg169468 date=1281939727]
[quote author=Ekarus Ryndren link=topic=3590.msg169459#msg169459 date=1281936215]
[quote author=Spore link=topic=3590.msg169384#msg169384 date=1281895746]
Does anybody have a link to that simple textures pack?

Here you go: Link

Pre warning you though, the texture pack was bugged up during the last update (Gold and Brick so far have see-though fire in em) still great though.
[/quote]

Actually it's always been like that. There's no real support for high res textures so it's more or less a hack. Think notch said he was going to add better support for high res textures sometime though.
[/quote]

There's about a million things Notch needs to do.... first being get the fuck off his retarded java fetish.
[/quote]

I don't know, a waypoint system seems a lot more important at the moment.. plus 'getting off his retarded java fetish' wouldn't that require him to re-do the whole game?
[/quote]

A compass and/or waypointing system would be so blessedly simple that I've taken their absence to mean Notch has zero plans on adding them.

When he started, the project was fine with Java. Now, however, it is far beyond Java's scope. Take the current Alpha release for example;

I launch Minecraft.exe (Which is just simply a .jar file that's been complied differently. not a real .exe file) and the thing allocates 838,020K ram to itself and promptly fills up 397,824K of that, before opening any world, or even moving the mouse inside the launcher's GUI.

.............errrr, with what? some ~50 odd textures that are around 64x64? That takes 400MB RAM? No, it doesn't. Minecraft's .jar files and all resources, including sound and music tracks, take up less than 32MB of space, even assuming Notch was using Crysis quality textures, the tiny quantity of them would still not necessitate 400MB of RAM to simply initialize and preload the entire shebang.

Comparatively, the stock creative mp server uses ~140MB ram to load a little 128x128x64 world, any 3rd party native linux, win32, or win32 .exe running under nano on linux server uses less then 70MB to load the same level.

Java is great, it powers billions of devices around the world, providing them with a myriad of abilities that when you think about it, can boggle the mind.

[/quote]

i was gonna say "deal with it nerd" but if rewriting it in c++ or whatever improves performance id really like that, this game chugs at about 30 fps during night time even after it calculates lighting changes for no concievable reason and that really pisses me off, also chunk generation takes me to about 20 fps

NOTHC U BETER FIX DIS CUZI  AM A PAYIENG CUTSOMER AND I DIDNDT PAY FOR A LAGY GAEM

[/quote]
I guess I should be amazed Minecraft runs at all on my PC... BRING ON THE NONJAVA VERSION O.=.o

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Luinbariel - 08-17-2010

(08-17-2010, 02:27 AM)Maxon link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=3590.msg169627#msg169627 date=1282027712]
Found my first dungeon today. It had kind of lame loot, but it also had something I don't recognize. I'm not sure if they're saddles or what.

I've gotten two of those.  I guess you can ride a pig or cow? lol
[/quote]

Yeah, I got 2 as well. I guess it's time to go rustle up a cow and see what we can see!

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - backfire - 08-17-2010

Notch just released another server update. No server-side inventory yet though. Really hopin for either tomorrow or thrusday, but I'm it's definitively more stable than it was before. Wonderin if it'd be worth it to just get a server up now or just keep waiting.

Also, did this thing just get pinned? Big Grin

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Vandamguy - 08-17-2010

yep. Caff did some some reorganizing of sticky threads.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Kirby - 08-17-2010

(08-17-2010, 11:42 AM)backfire link Wrote: Notch just released another server update. No server-side inventory yet though. Really hopin for either tomorrow or thrusday, but I'm it's definitively more stable than it was before. Wonderin if it'd be worth it to just get a server up now or just keep waiting.

I'm not going to waste resources running a pointless server, or one that needs external mods to provide basics. It will go up when Notch releases a functioning, non retarded server.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - copulatingduck - 08-17-2010

(08-17-2010, 01:35 PM)Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=3590.msg169660#msg169660 date=1282063349]
Notch just released another server update. No server-side inventory yet though. Really hopin for either tomorrow or thrusday, but I'm it's definitively more stable than it was before. Wonderin if it'd be worth it to just get a server up now or just keep waiting.

I'm not going to waste resources running a pointless server, or one that needs external mods to provide basics. It will go up when Notch releases a functioning, non retarded server.
[/quote]

amen

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Versus - 08-17-2010

(08-16-2010, 08:43 PM)Duck link Wrote: [quote author=Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link=topic=3590.msg169524#msg169524 date=1281992361]

brought a tear to my eye, +1
[/quote]

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Hobospartan - 08-18-2010

So, since all of you are addicted to this, I'm thinking about finally buying it.  But, what exactly is it?  It looks basically like computerized legos, is that a good description?

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Luinbariel - 08-18-2010

(08-18-2010, 12:19 PM)Hobospartan link Wrote: So, since all of you are addicted to this, I'm thinking about finally buying it.  But, what exactly is it?  It looks basically like computerized legos, is that a good description?

It is everything you ever want in a game. IT HAS TREASURE, FOR GOD'S SAKE

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - DragonEkarus - 08-18-2010

(08-18-2010, 12:19 PM)Hobospartan link Wrote: So, since all of you are addicted to this, I'm thinking about finally buying it.  But, what exactly is it?  It looks basically like computerized legos, is that a good description?

If your legos were trying to kill you by throwing farm animals and exploding legos at you then yes

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - backfire - 08-18-2010

(08-18-2010, 12:19 PM)Hobospartan link Wrote: So, since all of you are addicted to this, I'm thinking about finally buying it.  But, what exactly is it?

Don't ask what minecraft is. Ask what minecraft isn't.

Minecraft is Just Awesome

I know, repost, but it's for convincing to join our cult buy the game.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Kirby - 08-18-2010

(08-18-2010, 12:41 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Hobospartan link=topic=3590.msg169839#msg169839 date=1282151940]
So, since all of you are addicted to this, I'm thinking about finally buying it.  But, what exactly is it?

Don't ask what minecraft is. Ask what minecraft isn't.

Minecraft is Just Awesome

I know, repost, but it's for convincing to join our cult buy the game.
[/quote]

Hay backfire, does the...special...kool-aid[sup]©[/sup] belong here?

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Duck, Duck, Goose - 08-18-2010

Lego meets wilderness survival basically. And cave exploring... and stuff...