Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [SMP Server Up] - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [SMP Server Up] (/showthread.php?tid=10641)

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Maxon - 08-20-2010

They better be some seriously amazing fences!

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Duck, Duck, Goose - 08-20-2010

AAA
SSS
SSS

A - Air
S - Stick

Behold, fences! :o

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Luinbariel - 08-20-2010

Damn updates bork your texture packs.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - ZargonX - 08-20-2010

Time to fence in my wheat, I guess...

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - shoopfox - 08-20-2010

Um wat happened to the stuff we were supposed to get last week? @_@

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - beep beep diglett - 08-20-2010

he added a bunch of stuff to smp, namely day/night cycles and some mobs

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Kirby - 08-20-2010

Notch is secretly DICE amirite dig?

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - DragonEkarus - 08-20-2010

(08-20-2010, 01:50 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Damn updates bork your texture packs.

Happens every time, just reinstall it, also if you install the low-res version (...rather standard) water and lava is animated as well as there aren't any 'glitches' (Brick and gold can't see into forever)

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Luinbariel - 08-20-2010

(08-20-2010, 04:04 PM)Ekarus Ryndren link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=3590.msg170279#msg170279 date=1282330204]
Damn updates bork your texture packs.

Happens every time, just reinstall it, also if you install the low-res version (...rather standard) water and lava is animated as well as there aren't any 'glitches' (Brick and gold can't see into forever)
[/quote]

I've never had issues with brick or gold looking funny, thankfully. I installed whatever Backfire linked here and it seemed fine both this time and last time. And yes, I did simply re-install it. I was merely complaining.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - DragonEkarus - 08-20-2010

(08-20-2010, 01:36 PM)Maxon link Wrote: They better be some seriously amazing fences!

Oh absolutely! If you feel a fence is enough to stop the hostile critters of the minecraft realm, if not..... invest in a fifteen foot stone wall and pitch Tongue

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - backfire - 08-20-2010

Also, so you can't stack fences on top of eachother, but they don't break if you break the block they're sitting on, so what you can do is make the top layer of fences, make a base for the next layer and just work downwords. This way you can make cages or big wooden gates for stuff.

Also, since notch is taking off for a few weeks (to see valve :o) we're not gunna have server side inventory for some time. :-\

....it was a good idea at the time...
[Image: itwasagoodideaatthetime.png]
Build a lava moat I thought, that'll keep em out...
[Image: thenitturnedintoabonfire.png]
Make a wooden fort in the middle.. wood looks nice with the snow
[Image: andgotworse.png]
and it all went down hill from there... last thing I tried to do was get my shit out of the base...
[Image: lastthingididwastrytosavemyshit.png]
Burned to death >.=.>

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Maxon - 08-20-2010

At least I wasn't the only one that thought a lava moat would be a brilliant idea lol Though I see you made the moat with sand instead of stone...Was that the cause of this mishap? lol

Good thing I never did finish my lava moat either. Imma stick with water.

Although that is kind of beautiful

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - beep beep diglett - 08-20-2010

i love lava for big landmarks. make a huge tower, dump lava on top, bam, you can see it from any part of the map

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - copulatingduck - 08-20-2010

(08-20-2010, 07:18 PM)Ekarus Ryndren link Wrote: ....it was a good idea at the time...
[Image: itwasagoodideaatthetime.png]
Build a lava moat I thought, that'll keep em out...
[Image: thenitturnedintoabonfire.png]
Make a wooden fort in the middle.. wood looks nice with the snow
[Image: andgotworse.png]
and it all went down hill from there... last thing I tried to do was get my shit out of the base...
[Image: lastthingididwastrytosavemyshit.png]
Burned to death >.=.>

ahahahahaha, fucking awesome

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - shoopfox - 08-20-2010

It looks tacky but yeah I put lava everywhere notable on my map so I never get lost. I even have a couple snazzy lava fountain-esque things

I always just use torches if I go venturing far from my home. It works but not as well as lava Im sure.

(08-20-2010, 09:33 PM)Señor Pinchy link Wrote: It looks tacky but yeah I put lava everywhere notable on my map so I never get lost. I even have a couple snazzy lava fountain-esque things

i keep saying this but stone dragon statues with lava all over look fucking awesome, ill make one and post screens later

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - DragonEkarus - 08-21-2010

Taking another look at those screen shots... yeah it is pretty damn awesome.. XD Yeah it's four hours of work bursting into flames.... BUT IT'S FUCKING AWESOME XDDD

Not to mention the way the snow isn't lit at night makes it look like there's ash falling XD