Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [SMP Server Up] - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [SMP Server Up] (/showthread.php?tid=10641)

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - backfire - 09-04-2010

(09-04-2010, 01:39 AM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=3590.msg172489#msg172489 date=1283582145]
[quote author=Didzo link=topic=3590.msg172486#msg172486 date=1283581308]
So, Luin commissioned a lava penis monument to a false god today.

Here is the result.

Man... Lava Deity's gunna be pissed unless that thing has some cacti on it :-\
[/quote]

I hit the build ceiling.

As you can see, the lava also goes down to the ocean floor.

He better be fucking pleased.

>Sad
[/quote]

Plant a cactus inside that thing! Dude, I'm tellin you. It's not worth risking it.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - DragonEkarus - 09-04-2010

My god, I know what I must do! If I build a base out of lava.. IT CAN'T CATCH ON FIRE!Big Grin

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Luinbariel - 09-04-2010

TAKE THAT real gods!

It looks awesome Didzo! Puts my crappy little shrine to shame.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Kirby - 09-04-2010

(09-04-2010, 08:41 AM)Ekarus Ryndren link Wrote: My god, I know what I must do! If I build a base out of lava.. IT CAN'T CATCH ON FIRE!Big Grin

So stop putting wood and other flammable blocks near lava like a retard.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Didzo - 09-04-2010

I could technically remove the lava and then expand it into a maximum-sized lava pyramid....

But that would take waaaaay too much time and glass.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Duck, Duck, Goose - 09-04-2010

(09-04-2010, 01:54 PM)Didzo link Wrote: I could technically remove the lava and then expand it into a maximum-sized lava pyramid....

But that would take waaaaay too much time and glass.
I'd consider that a Minecraft victory condition.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Turtle - 09-04-2010

(09-03-2010, 11:58 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=18278
[Image: YjJaU.png]
i...
i...
[Image: homer+upset+shocked+face.jpg]

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Maxon - 09-04-2010

Yeah...one Lava tower to the Lava Deity is a good idea...

BUT THREE AND A HALF LAVA TOWERS TO THE LAVA DEITY MEANS YOUR FREAKING AWESOME!

[Image: threetowers.jpg]

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Didzo - 09-04-2010

(09-04-2010, 03:38 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Yeah...one Lava tower to the Lava Deity is a good idea...

BUT THREE AND A HALF LAVA TOWERS TO THE LAVA DEITY MEANS YOUR FREAKING AWESOME!

[Image: threetowers.jpg]
Yes, but can you enter your lava towers?

Nice fort either way.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Luinbariel - 09-04-2010

God damnit, I have to step up my game here.

Somehow.

EVENTUALLY.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Maxon - 09-04-2010

Nah, I made the towers really simply to get to the roof of the game which was basically just building straight below me to the top and then creating ways for the lava to flow off properly to make them abit thicker looking.  I could've made them climbable, but that would've been way too many ladder pieces (About 64 for each tower)

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Kirby - 09-05-2010

(09-04-2010, 10:08 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Nah, I made the towers really simply to get to the roof of the game which was basically just building straight below me to the top and then creating ways for the lava to flow off properly to make them abit thicker looking.  I could've made them climbable, but that would've been way too many ladder pieces (About 64 for each tower)

So make a tree farm. Massing stupidly huge amounts of wood, wheat and reeds is simple as crap.

Do it underground and you get 50 towers worth of cobblestone, a large amount of iron, gold and diamond too.

That and you get the perk of having a 100% guaranteed monster-free zone if you light it properly. (See my video)

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Maxon - 09-05-2010

Sure I could've made the ladders or gotten the cobblestone, but when the purpose was just to make giant towers of lava, my way works just fine and with less hassle.  Not that it would've been hard to make a climbable tower.  Actually would've only take the ladder and a slight modification of the top of the tower to make it work.  Just didn't feel it was necessary to do so lol

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Didzo - 09-05-2010

(09-05-2010, 12:32 PM)Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=3590.msg172596#msg172596 date=1283656110]
Nah, I made the towers really simply to get to the roof of the game which was basically just building straight below me to the top and then creating ways for the lava to flow off properly to make them abit thicker looking.  I could've made them climbable, but that would've been way too many ladder pieces (About 64 for each tower)

So make a tree farm. Massing stupidly huge amounts of wood, wheat and reeds is simple as crap.

Do it underground and you get 50 towers worth of cobblestone, a large amount of iron, gold and diamond too.

That and you get the perk of having a 100% guaranteed monster-free zone if you light it properly. (See my video)
[/quote]

LINK PLEZ.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Kirby - 09-05-2010

(09-05-2010, 01:24 PM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link=topic=3590.msg172638#msg172638 date=1283707963]
[quote author=Maxon link=topic=3590.msg172596#msg172596 date=1283656110]

[/quote]

LINK PLEZ.

[/quote]

New Outpost Tour

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Luinbariel - 09-05-2010

I am obsessed.

See bricks at the home store. Think Minecraft.

See mom's flower beds of stacked stone, think Minecraft.

See mushrooms, think Minecraft.

... download minecraft and play at parents, "only for a few minutes"

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Chief - 09-05-2010

(09-05-2010, 08:17 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: I am obsessed.

See bricks at the home store. Think Minecraft.

See mom's flower beds of stacked stone, think Minecraft.

See mushrooms, think Minecraft.

... download minecraft and play at parents, "only for a few minutes"
it happens to the best of us, dont worry

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Didzo - 09-05-2010

...And you can even play it in-browser.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Didzo - 09-06-2010

Alright, I've done some pretty cool things as far as underground cavern exploring goes. Found a ton of new passages that need some exploring (but not much interesting material). However, I cracked into the ocean floor from the bottom in one of the tunnels. So, instead of sealing it and blocking it off due to the risk of flooding EVERYTHING it posed, I just put in a few windows. Now I can see it from below the ice. Also, I was mining sand around the shore beneath a 1 brick layer of ice and then put some torches on the floor. Instead of melting everything, only a single block of ice melts and it doesn't flood. Rather, I can use it to "swim" down into my sand mining area from the top of the ocean.

Re: The Offical Minecraft BRB,u Omega Thread [Server Back Down] - Stein - 09-06-2010

Played a bit of alpha today.  I really want to buy it now!

Only thing is that stairs don't always go the way I want them, and I wish I could pause on the ladders.

Just playing on super-easy mode for a few hours.