Be Right Back, Uninstalling
MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD (/showthread.php?tid=6276)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - Neptune - 10-17-2012

So, we tried the Real Mann Up Mode on Mannworks...and got pushed face first into the gravel.  Rando pubby trash didn't help (damn you Sogo for leaving!).

I was reading a webcomic (nerfnow.com) and he just finished his first hard mode.  He said what got them through was 2 heavies, solly, demo, engy, and scout - all damage focused.  I'm not sure how that works without a medic, but can almost grasp the concept.  It was like the medic didn't have much effect because you were either completely fine, or two big demos looked at you and you evaporated.  There was no middle ground.  Perhaps purchasing more canteens would replace the kritz medic.

Two engies seems feasible, as well, considering another dispenser could offset having no medic.

Pyro seemed good that time we tried it on Coaltown.  With a bit better sentry placement, you could keep the Fist O Steel heavies right in the path of the gun.

Any other off the wall ideas?

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - Didzo - 10-17-2012

I am willing to play whenever you guys are.

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - k0ala - 10-17-2012

For the Spy waves, someone ought to consider ditching their chosen class with all their hard-earned upgrades and go homewrecker Pybro. Keeping the level 3 sentry up and at the front line will make a bunch of difference. YMMV.

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - Vongore - 10-17-2012

I'm up to play whenever you want. If you see me online just hit me an invite

[spoiler]Also i never finished a tour because the group i used to play with decided to stop playing. Just sayin'[/spoiler]

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - Reevesith - 10-19-2012

[Image: 1DCBDA6714CC34196EE8DA77435511520A752495]

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - Didzo - 10-19-2012

(10-19-2012, 09:45 PM)Reevesith link Wrote: [Image: 1DCBDA6714CC34196EE8DA77435511520A752495]

We did well. Canteens do indeed substitute medics nicely.

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - CaffeinePowered - 10-20-2012

I have two tickets + extra item vouchers, invite me next time

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - Eightball - 10-20-2012

Did Mannworks on hardest difficulty with some |Ex| guys, god damn that was retardedly difficult. Probably took 2 hours to complete 5 waves. I'm down to try it on Coaltown or Decoy tonight.

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - Kor - 10-20-2012

(10-20-2012, 11:35 AM)Eightball link Wrote: Did Mannworks on hardest difficulty with some |Ex| guys, god damn that was retardedly difficult. Probably took 2 hours to complete 5 waves. I'm down to try it on Coaltown or Decoy tonight.

Coaltown was a ton of fun. Soly, Demo, Engi, Scout, Heavy x2. Buff Banner shits on bots.

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - Reevesith - 10-20-2012

Crafted a coupe D'isaster during the last mvm we tried XD bring the total coupe D'isaster hair to seven XD

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - Neptune - 10-20-2012

I really hope one's happening Sunday afternoon or Monday night.  I love this game mode.

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - Luca Shoal - 10-21-2012

I'd be down for Monday. Hard up modes, or a steamroll through easy?

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - Sogo - 10-22-2012

Organizing a hardmode Mannworks for about 8-8:30pm Eastern
Players I know we have
1. Me- attempting Piss Sniper
2. Kor-Solly
3. Reeves-Engie
4. Elder-Demo
5. Swain-Scoot; Tentative, but holds a priority slot since he's a regular with this group and part of the group that needs this for the Expert tour completion.
Other than that, we have at least one empty spot.
First come first fill.

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - Neptune - 10-22-2012

I'LL DO IT

Give us a little time to finish assembling the treadmill, and I'm there.

EDIT: Every time I see the van in your sig, I think of Inception.

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - Didzo - 10-22-2012

Dammit, missed my chance.

:'(

Still willing if there is room for a hoovie.

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - Vongore - 10-22-2012

Medics aren't useful anymore?  :'(

(10-22-2012, 07:05 PM)Vongore link Wrote: Medics aren't useful anymore?  :'(

In hard mode, replace medics with canteens.  You need to pour so much damage on target that it's necessary.  For easy and normal mode, medics are good for kritz because there's probably less cash dropped to buy canteens with.

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - Something Swain - 10-22-2012

Better open up my spot, my computer's pretty much dead. Sad

Re: MANN VS. MACHINE MEGA THREAD - StolenToast - 10-22-2012

I wanna play advanced mode.  Someone play with me.  If you try to play expert or harder with pubbies, you're gonna have a bad time.

(10-22-2012, 07:36 PM)StolenToast link Wrote: I wanna play advanced mode.   Someone play with me.  If you try to play expert or harder with pubbies, you're gonna have a bad time.

We went through two pubbies, just now.  Sogo had to bail.  First guy goes spy, we votekick him.  Second guy takes 10 minutes to connect and drops.  Third guy is actually decent and he pairs with my heavy to finish the game.  So...1 out of 2 ain't bad?