Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Uncharted 2 - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Kiddy Corner (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Uncharted 2 (/showthread.php?tid=10076)

Uncharted 2 - KarthXLR - 06-04-2009

I just received a beta code, anyone else going to try this out? (You might want to check your GT account if you haven't received one yet)

Re: Uncharted 2 Beta - Squishy3 - 06-04-2009

I didn't get one with inFAMOUS, nor did I get one this way. Fucking bastards.

Re: Uncharted 2 Beta - KarthXLR - 06-04-2009

Started playing, it's alright. Nothing special. Controls feel pretty clunky.

Re: Uncharted 2 Beta - Squishy3 - 06-04-2009

(06-04-2009, 06:45 PM)Karth is SPY link Wrote: Started playing, it's alright. Nothing special. Controls feel pretty clunky.
Uncharted controls differently compared to anything else that's in its genre. It feels odd at first, but you grow used to it.

Re: Uncharted 2 Beta - korkesh - 06-09-2009

damn beta got me hooked. Now i can't wait to play the second installment. The graphics and detail certainly have seen a massive improvement from the already spectacular first game.

Re: Uncharted 2 Beta - HuckBerryGee - 06-09-2009

my best analogy for this game would be metal gear online

Re: Uncharted 2 Beta - Squishy3 - 06-09-2009

(06-09-2009, 06:27 PM)SanityMask link Wrote: my best analogy for this game would be metal gear online
It's more similar to Gears than anything.

Re: Uncharted 2 Beta - KarthXLR - 06-09-2009

(06-09-2009, 11:34 PM)Squishy3 link Wrote: [quote author=SanityMask link=topic=3021.msg89403#msg89403 date=1244590036]
my best analogy for this game would be metal gear online
It's more similar to Gears than anything.
[/quote]
Well, I guess this explains why I don't like gears that much.

Tried a couple games at a friends house today, I sucked, but it wasn't fun sucking...

inb4that'swhatshesaid

Re: Uncharted 2 Beta - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 06-15-2009

Won a code from the Podcastle (<3) and just decided to try it out today. I have to say it's really quite wonderful. It may vary well be my inexperience with the genre, but I find it refreshing fun, and while I still haven't quite gotten the full hang of it yet, I've been able to jump into it with relative ease (the controls kind of remind me of MGS4, even to the point where I keep trying to crawl XD) and blow some guys away with my not-so-impressive pistol skills. I'm wondering though, it those of you more versed in the genre are as enamored with it as I am, or if it's just my inexperince with finer examples of 3rd person shooters that's made me feel so smitten.

Also, I know Karth has mine, but if anyone else got the beta and want's to play, my PSN Name is PKStarstorm.

Re: Uncharted 2 - KarthXLR - 11-08-2011

I finally beat it. So can somebody finally tell me what the big deal is with these games? I still don't see what all the "GOTY" talk was about. Was that the multiplayer portion or what?

Re: Uncharted 2 - Maxon - 11-08-2011

Hell of a bump here.  I don't get why it got GOTY stuff either, but it had a good singleplayer campaign. Very cinematic, great voicing, solid story.  Multiplayer was pretty generic and forgettable though. 

Re: Uncharted 2 - [fr31ns]Karrde - 11-11-2011

Yeah I just ran through it recently too.  Good game.  MP was a bit generic, but it was fin for something you could pick up and do for 20 minutes or so.

Re: Uncharted 2 - Squishy3 - 11-12-2011

Quote:Karrde link=topic=3021.msg230142#msg230142 date=1321035107]
Yeah I just ran through it recently too.  Good game.  MP was a bit generic, but it was fin for something you could pick up and do for 20 minutes or so.
Still mad the thing exists where "shoot a couple times melee, person dies. oh wait, 2 seconds later you died too because they punched back in time." for christ's sake even halo 3 was better than that in this regard

Re: Uncharted 2 - [fr31ns]Karrde - 11-13-2011

Yeah the netcode was ass.