Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The official Anime quarantine thread! - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The official Anime quarantine thread! (/showthread.php?tid=10858)

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Versus - 01-20-2011

mugi owns

also that picture is pretty amazing

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - backfire - 01-20-2011

(01-20-2011, 04:41 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: mugi owns

correction. Mugi's cake owns.

[Image: YgjYz.png]

Mugi herself on the otherhand is "alright"

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - backfire - 01-22-2011

Also, update on the Death Note movie. Script was leaked. Consensus.....

exactly what I said.

Write up below spoils the movie. Don't read if you feel like actually watching it for god knows what reason.
Quote:The film revolves around Luke Murray, a motherless college student and consummate "good guy." He is motivated not by boredom and self-righteous disgust at the people around him, but because his mother was gunned down in a robbery years before.

Ryuk is not a character in the film, although it's made very clear that the use of the Death Note takes a sinister toll on Luke-- and here is my biggest complaint: it also posits that the Death Note itself is responsible for driving Luke's rage. This is the biggest change and the only one I really detest, and it's because it completely changes the nature of the original character of Light Yagami. Light was a bored, super-intelligent young man who felt that the people around him were all morons, like rats next to his godliness. It was this ego that drove him to feel that he could rule the world, and he uses the Death Note in a manner completely differently than anyone else who ever acquired one-- which is a very, very important distinction, I feel.

That said, there is a fair amount of faithfulness in terms of the plot's actual main events, down to some very specific details-- the memory-erasing trick, the bus episode, even the infamous bag-of-chips scene. And of course both Watari and L appear-- but virtually no description of L is given, so it's unclear how similar he will be to his original self. Based on his dialogue it could go either way...

...But the ending is very, very different. Rather than ever getting caught by anyone, Luke gives up the Death Note in order to arrange a final tying up of loose ends to prove his innocence to L and his father, and the plan requires him to not know about the book. He leaves himself a video message showing him how to get the book back-- but having come to his senses without it, he chooses not to pick it back up again.

And he gets back to his regular life.

List of major changes.
-Broadly follows the plot of the first Death Note live action film except the end is tied up.
-Light Yagami is now Luke Murray.
-No Misa (or any other secondary Kiras).
-No Death Gods.
-No mind games between LUKE and L.
-The Death Note has EVIL JAPANESE POWERS which affects the mind of the user.
-The victims of the Death Note die of a special kind of heart attack that the coroner can recognize as specific only to the Death Note.
-No uses of the phrase "I'LL BE GOD OF THE NEW WORLD" or "JUST AS PLANNED".
-L is not characterized at all.
-Ends because Light gives up.

Read it for yourself

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Negate - 01-22-2011

(01-22-2011, 12:14 PM)backfire link Wrote: Also, update on the Death Note movie. Script was leaked. Consensus.....

exactly what I said.

Write up below spoils the movie. Don't read if you feel like actually watching it for god knows what reason.
how someone else summerized it Wrote:The film revolves around Luke Murray, a motherless college student and consummate "good guy." He is motivated not by boredom and self-righteous disgust at the people around him, but because his mother was gunned down in a robbery years before.

Ryuk is not a character in the film, although it's made very clear that the use of the Death Note takes a sinister toll on Luke-- and here is my biggest complaint: it also posits that the Death Note itself is responsible for driving Luke's rage. This is the biggest change and the only one I really detest, and it's because it completely changes the nature of the original character of Light Yagami. Light was a bored, super-intelligent young man who felt that the people around him were all morons, like rats next to his godliness. It was this ego that drove him to feel that he could rule the world, and he uses the Death Note in a manner completely differently than anyone else who ever acquired one-- which is a very, very important distinction, I feel.

That said, there is a fair amount of faithfulness in terms of the plot's actual main events, down to some very specific details-- the memory-erasing trick, the bus episode, even the infamous bag-of-chips scene. And of course both Watari and L appear-- but virtually no description of L is given, so it's unclear how similar he will be to his original self. Based on his dialogue it could go either way...

...But the ending is very, very different. Rather than ever getting caught by anyone, Luke gives up the Death Note in order to arrange a final tying up of loose ends to prove his innocence to L and his father, and the plan requires him to not know about the book. He leaves himself a video message showing him how to get the book back-- but having come to his senses without it, he chooses not to pick it back up again.

List of major changes.
-Broadly follows the plot of the first Death Note live action film except the end is tied up.
-No Death Gods.
-The victims of the Death Note die of a special kind of heart attack that the coroner can recognize as specific only to the Death Note.

Read it for yourself
Hey gaiz lets make goku go to school even though he never goes to school in the source material. This is why this stuff is nothing but garbage not that I expected anything mind you knew it was gonna be shit.

Double post for great justice
【English Sub】 Accelerator's Bittan Bittan 【To Aru Kagaku no Railgun】

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - backfire - 01-22-2011

(01-22-2011, 07:56 PM)negate link Wrote: Double post for great justice
【English Sub】 Accelerator's Bittan Bittan 【To Aru Kagaku no Railgun】

That video just totally convinced me to download the osu map of that.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Eightball - 01-22-2011

(01-22-2011, 12:14 PM)backfire link Wrote: Write up below spoils the movie. Don't read if you feel like actually watching it for god knows what reason.
how someone else summerized it Wrote:The film revolves around Luke Murray, a motherless college student and consummate "good guy." He is motivated not by boredom and self-righteous disgust at the people around him, but because his mother was gunned down in a robbery years before.

List of major changes.
-No Death Gods.

Read it for yourself
What the fuck is the point of it then? No Death Gods? No insane fucking nail-biting battle of wits? Light gives up? How about I make a teen paranormal romance out of TF2?

(01-22-2011, 08:58 PM)Eightball link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=3812.msg193240#msg193240 date=1295716440]

List of major changes.
-No Death Gods.

Read it for yourself
What the fuck is the point of it then? No Death Gods? No insane fucking nail-biting battle of wits? Light gives up? How about I make a teen paranormal romance out of TF2?
[/quote]
#1 film of the year the heavy is a gruff punk of a big high school student until he falls in love with a beautiful girl who is a medic. The twist she's a vampire and he's a werewolf and their love is forbidden. And the evil spy tries to break up our heros.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Wyrmidon - 01-22-2011

(01-22-2011, 09:15 PM)negate link Wrote: [quote author=Eightball link=topic=3812.msg193291#msg193291 date=1295747929]
[quote author=backfire link=topic=3812.msg193240#msg193240 date=1295716440]

List of major changes.
-No Death Gods.

Read it for yourself
[/quote]
#1 film of the year the heavy is a gruff punk of a big high school student until he falls in love with a beautiful girl who is a medic. The twist she's a vampire and he's a werewolf and their love is forbidden. And the evil spy tries to break up our heros.
[/quote]

Nice try, shyamalan.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - chronomaster - 01-23-2011

I'll be incorrectly optimistic about this one and believe this script is an audience decoy.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Versus - 01-23-2011

Demetori - 人形裁判 ~ 人の形弄びし少女 (Alice Margatroid's theme - Doll Judgment)

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Neonie - 01-24-2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcxwMMsKWDE&feature=player_embedded#!

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - backfire - 01-24-2011

Well, not really sure this even fits in this thread anymore, but the other videos on this project where in here so meh

Kinect + HMD + WiiRemote VR-FPS

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Vandamguy - 01-24-2011

(01-24-2011, 12:37 PM)backfire link Wrote: Well, not really sure this even fits in this thread anymore, but the other videos on this project where in here so meh

Kinect + HMD + WiiRemote VR-FPS
would make a pretty cool COD game.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - HeK - 01-24-2011

Weeaboo's United States of UGUU~

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - CaffeinePowered - 01-25-2011

Im sorry, after seeing the batman figure comic, this needed to be posted

[Image: demotivational-posters-rule.jpg]

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Versus - 01-25-2011

all of the pictures involving woody own

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Didzo - 01-25-2011

(01-22-2011, 12:14 PM)backfire link Wrote: Also, update on the Death Note movie. Script was leaked. Consensus.....

exactly what I said.

List of major changes.
-No Death Gods.

Read it for yourself

Someone had better be trolling.

Otherwise, fuck this shit.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Kor - 01-25-2011

(01-25-2011, 07:10 PM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=3812.msg193240#msg193240 date=1295716440]
Also, update on the Death Note movie. Script was leaked. Consensus.....

exactly what I said.

List of major changes.
-No Death Gods.

Read it for yourself

Someone had better be trolling.

Otherwise, fuck this shit.
[/quote]

I gotta agree, I watched Death Note on recommendation, and love everything up to the 2 kid's introduction. But this proposed story is a total butchery :X

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - CaffeinePowered - 01-27-2011

Meh :|