Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The official Anime quarantine thread! - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The official Anime quarantine thread! (/showthread.php?tid=10858)

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Squishy3 - 03-08-2011

okay time for some manly shit

Takamura vs Hawk

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - backfire - 03-08-2011

(03-08-2011, 02:24 PM)Squishy link Wrote: okay time for some manly shit

Dammit squishy. Keep your wrestling crap out of thi-

Oh.... umm.....err, carry on.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Squishy3 - 03-08-2011

(03-08-2011, 02:41 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Squishy link=topic=3812.msg198822#msg198822 date=1299612295]
okay time for some manly shit

Dammit squishy. Keep your wrestling crap out of thi-

Oh.... umm.....err, carry on.
[/quote]That isn't even from the anime, it's by a fan who made it before that fight even played out in the anime. It's a damn good anime and isn't completely unbelievable as all the boxers are based off of real boxers, or an amalgam of multiple boxers techniques. Also has a damn good soundtrack.

Hajime no Ippo Soundtrack - Stand Proud

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - backfire - 03-12-2011

guess what's relevant again?

【再うp】魔法少女フラン☆マギカ【OPパロ】.flv

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - BS1 - 03-12-2011

Just noticed the poll, and can honestly say that I don't think Dragon Ball Z is the best anime. Although, I have been watching the entire show again for the past month or two. I'm currently on the last season. Overall I would consider Yu Yu Hakusho a better anime.

In other anime, I'm not sure what I'm doing with Bleach. Didn't watch last weeks episode or read last weeks manga. I think they're getting into another filler arc in Bleach since they're catching up with the manga, so I'm not too interested in that. And so far the manga isn't too interesting since they started the new plot.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Versus - 03-12-2011

i am hoping that entire post is a troll post

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Wyrmidon - 03-12-2011

(03-12-2011, 10:44 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: i am hoping that entire post is a troll post

Nah, I think he's just confused as why most chose Dragonball Z over Dragonball Z.

And would anyone happen to know what this is from? [Image: Dancedamnit.gif]

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - BS1 - 03-13-2011

(03-12-2011, 10:44 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: i am hoping that entire post is a troll post
It is not.
(03-12-2011, 11:58 PM)Wyrmidon link Wrote: Nah, I think he's just confused as why most chose Dragonball Z over Dragonball Z.
I am not.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Geoff - 03-13-2011

why would we need a poll to decide if dbz is the best anime because its pretty much implied already

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Versus - 03-13-2011

(03-13-2011, 02:55 PM)geoff link Wrote: why would we need a poll to decide if dbz is the best anime because its pretty much implied already

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Luinbariel - 03-13-2011

(03-13-2011, 02:55 PM)geoff link Wrote: why would we need a poll to decide if dbz is the best anime because its pretty much implied already

I thought redundancy was in the spirit of the show?

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - CaffeinePowered - 03-13-2011

http://www.lurkmore.com/wiki/Are_they_still_on_Namek%3F

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Geoff - 03-13-2011

(03-13-2011, 04:40 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: [quote author=geoff link=topic=3812.msg199250#msg199250 date=1300046119]
why would we need a poll to decide if dbz is the best anime because its pretty much implied already

I thought redundancy was in the spirit of the show?
[/quote]

+1 forever

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - BS1 - 03-14-2011

I'm thinking about spending $50 on Bleach soundtracks right now.  :-X

And I'll still have more CD's to buy!
[me=BS1]buys a lot of CD's.[/me]

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - CaffeinePowered - 03-15-2011

東方妖々夢 『少女幻葬 ~ Necro-Fantasy』アレンジ【Ezel-Ash】

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Dr. Zaius - 03-15-2011

Tenchi Muyo OVA. I guess it was my 'first' anime though I'd been watching whatever was on tv. After seeing the first episode of Tenchi Muyo I bought the DVD box set (which was fairly expensive as they don't really make them en mass). I was not disappointed.
I also like the classics, FLCL and Cowboy Bebop. Gundam 008th MS Team was the only good gundam series.

Woah, I'm actually posting in here wtf.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - backfire - 03-17-2011

[Image: Grt0z.png]

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Versus - 03-18-2011

(03-15-2011, 01:32 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: 東方妖々夢 『少女幻葬 ~ Necro-Fantasy』アレンジ【Ezel-Ash】

somehow missed this until now. nice

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - backfire - 03-19-2011

I swear I posted about this but couldn't find it, or maybe I'm just blind. Just like The Tatami Galaxy was a couple seasons ago, this season's oddball (read: "unique) show defiantly would have to be Fractale. Unique in the fact that it doesn't have any of the cliches found in most anime these days (not saying I hate them, but you start noticing patterns).

The show's about this kid named Clain who, just like everyone else he knows, is apart of the Fractale system. Fractale being a global network of satellite which acts as a sort of world wide support system designed to make life incredibly simple for anyone apart of it. Because of how luxurious people's lives are with Fractale in place, they rarely have to leave their house and instead send out their doppels (which are sorta like avatars in a game except in real life) to shop and interact. For instance, Clain's parents only keep in touch with him through their doppels and rarely ever stop in to see him in person.

On his trip back home from the market, he sees a girl in a small plane being chased around by another small plane. The girl ends up falling on a cliffside, who Clain then jumps down to help. He brings her back to her house while she recovers, they chat for a bit, and the girl takes off by morning, leaving this object behind. When he tried to mess with it, a doppel named Nessa materialized out of it, who then instantly becomes incredibly attached to him. From there it goes on to what makes Nessa special, find out why the girl left her behind, and eventually shows more about the Fractale system and what it's true purpose is.

That's all pretty much in the first episode, but I don't really wanna spoil anything if anyone actually does pick up this series. I'd say if you do though, at least watch up to episode 3 before you make your judgment. Like I think I probably said before, the show sorta gives off this Studio Ghibli vibe both in animation style and how the world is set up. It's one of those shows I'd recommend to people who don't necessarily like anime. The show is on episode 9 right now and only has two more to go.

On that note, I leave with the full intro to this thing.

Fractale OP Full - Harinezumi

I dunno why I just typed a bloody page about this show, maybe I just like how different it is or something :|

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Versus - 03-21-2011

posting for top page