Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The official Anime quarantine thread! - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The official Anime quarantine thread! (/showthread.php?tid=10858)

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Elder - 11-23-2014

i want them to do more berserk movies and they need to be movies because watching berserk as a series on TV half of it would be censored. Then you would have to wait for uncensored DVD releases to enjoy it.
Terraformars is good but suffers from what i just described above.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Squishy3 - 11-24-2014

(11-23-2014, 07:19 PM)Elder link Wrote: i want them to do more berserk movies and they need to be movies because watching berserk as a series on TV half of it would be censored. Then you would have to wait for uncensored DVD releases to enjoy it.
as far as i know the original series wasn't censored at any point

the dumbest thing is like jojo's bizarre adventure aired at like 3am at night and part 3 was censored to all hell

would anybody be interested in doing a groupwatch of jojo's one weekend? obviously not next weekend because american thanksgiving and all but maybe the weekend after or something. i've already got everything set up for people to watch and just need people to be interested now. if we start early enough we can probably get through part 1 at the very least because it's only 9 episodes

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - StolenToast - 11-24-2014

(11-24-2014, 11:45 AM)Squishy link Wrote: [quote author=Elder link=topic=3812.msg282199#msg282199 date=1416788344]
i want them to do more berserk movies and they need to be movies because watching berserk as a series on TV half of it would be censored. Then you would have to wait for uncensored DVD releases to enjoy it.
as far as i know the original series wasn't censored at any point

the dumbest thing is like jojo's bizarre adventure aired at like 3am at night and part 3 was censored to all hell

would anybody be interested in doing a groupwatch of jojo's one weekend? obviously not next weekend because american thanksgiving and all but maybe the weekend after or something. i've already got everything set up for people to watch and just need people to be interested now. if we start early enough we can probably get through part 1 at the very least because it's only 9 episodes
[/quote]
Yes

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Squishy3 - 11-29-2014

i am so disappointed nobody seems to be interested in a group watch of one of the best things in existence

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Eightball - 11-30-2014

Watching Deadman Wonderland because the motherfucking netflix reviews on it are 5 stars.

It's kinda shit. Don't rely on those.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Totla - 11-30-2014

(11-30-2014, 10:01 AM)Eightball link Wrote: Watching Deadman Wonderland because the motherfucking netflix reviews on it are 5 stars.

Some good shows on Netflix:
Devil is a Part Timer! - Satan is trapped on Earth and gets a job at McDonnalds. Pretty funny.
Knights of Sidonia - Mechs fighting aliens in space. The animation style is different but you get used to it. It's dark and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would starting out.
Welcome to the NHK
Madoka Magica
Gurren Lagann
Kill la Kill

I'm sure there are others that are good but I haven't watched them.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - copulatingduck - 11-30-2014

(11-30-2014, 10:01 AM)Eightball link Wrote: Watching Deadman Wonderland because the motherfucking netflix reviews on it are 5 stars.

Yea I started watching it recently because a friend suggested it to me. We are no longer friends.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Surf314 - 11-30-2014

(11-30-2014, 12:23 PM)Duck link Wrote: [quote author=Eightball link=topic=3812.msg282299#msg282299 date=1417359689]
Watching Deadman Wonderland because the motherfucking netflix reviews on it are 5 stars.

Yea I started watching it recently because a friend suggested it to me. We are no longer friends.
[/quote]

I enjoyed it a bit but it starts really really slow and the main character is a whiny bitch for 2/3 of it.  Of course as soon as it gets good it ends.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Didzo - 11-30-2014

(11-30-2014, 12:49 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Duck link=topic=3812.msg282302#msg282302 date=1417368187]
[quote author=Eightball link=topic=3812.msg282299#msg282299 date=1417359689]

[/quote]

I enjoyed it a bit but it starts really really slow and the main character is a whiny bitch for 2/3 of it.  Of course as soon as it gets good it ends.
[/quote]

Yeah, same impression here. I almost quit the show after the first few episodes. Once character development and interesting shit starts to happen, it ends.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Squishy3 - 12-01-2014

IF PEOPLE WANT GOOD ANIME THERE'S THIS COOL THING CALLED JOJO'S I WANT TO INTRODUCE YOU TO WITH A GROUP WATCH ONE WEEKEND I HAVE EVERYTHING READY

i'm sorry i really fucking like jojo's and want more people to experience it's greatness

Re: - FlyingMongoose - 12-01-2014

But Squishy,  doesn't anime make you a terrible person? Also I never have time on weekends.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Re: - Squishy3 - 12-01-2014

(12-01-2014, 12:01 PM)FlyingMongoose link Wrote: But Squishy,  doesn't anime make you a terrible person? Also I never have time on weekends.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
jojo's makes everyone a better person, trufax

every other anime makes you a horrible person tho

it doesn't have to be a weekend, it can be whenever. just wanna get a few people introduced to the greatness that is jojo's and talk about it on mumble

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - The Generic Name - 12-03-2014

Pretty sure if its anime on Netflix, the wee-a-boos jump on it and slap a five star rating on it faster than Mako explaining how everything is alright.  They probably dont even watch it.  Hashtayg anime on netflix dot mpreg

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Squishy3 - 12-04-2014

[Image: dHyc9hD.jpg]

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Didzo - 12-08-2014

[Image: SIhL8Gu.jpg]

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Squishy3 - 12-08-2014

(12-08-2014, 02:20 AM)Didzo link Wrote: [Image: SIhL8Gu.jpg]
there is nothing to regret about seeing the light that is jojo's

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Totla - 12-11-2014

Log Horizon s2 continues to disappoint.

Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Squishy3 - 12-21-2014

rewatching hajime no ippo

still so good

Re: Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Elder - 12-23-2014

(12-11-2014, 05:00 PM)Tortilla link Wrote: Log Horizon s2 continues to disappoint.
It makes me very sad

Re: Re: The official Anime quarantine thread! - Totla - 12-24-2014

(12-23-2014, 09:49 AM)Elder link Wrote: [quote author=Tortilla link=topic=3812.msg282485#msg282485 date=1418335213]
Log Horizon s2 continues to disappoint.
It makes me very sad
[/quote]Me too. I stopped watching after the episode that guy gave that rambling speech that made no sense and kept talking to himself in his head.
Hopefully it pulls an SNK and gets better in the second half.