Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Technology (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Forum: Computers (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Thread: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? (/showthread.php?tid=11692)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - Versus - 06-10-2010

(06-10-2010, 07:56 AM)Duck link Wrote: beater-ass rigs

lol

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - Surf314 - 06-10-2010

(06-10-2010, 07:56 AM)Duck link Wrote: For people playing on absolutely beater-ass rigs, or just looking for a cheap build, newegg has a couple promotions going right now. Sign up for the newsletter, you get tons of coupons every week

That 6 core combo is actually pretty nice, just throw a video card in there and you get a great build for under a grand.

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - ribozyme - 06-10-2010

(06-10-2010, 10:34 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Duck link=topic=4683.msg157132#msg157132 date=1276174613]
For people playing on absolutely beater-ass rigs, or just looking for a cheap build, newegg has a couple promotions going right now. Sign up for the newsletter, you get tons of coupons every week

That 6 core combo is actually pretty nice, just throw a video card in there and you get a great build for under a grand.
[/quote]

Hot damn that does look like a really nice combo.  Looks like I overpaid on a couple parts  :-[

Overall I'm happy with what I bought and I'm especially greatful for the help from everyone.  I'll probably need more once everything gets here and I start putting it together Smile

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - Versus - 06-11-2010

so i took off my stock cpu cooler to replace thermal paste because my cpu kept overheating

cpu came out with it and bent a lot of pins

thanks amd

edit: despite my best efforts to straighten the pins, it's still not posting. F.

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - KarthXLR - 06-12-2010

(06-11-2010, 10:20 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: so i took off my stock cpu cooler to replace thermal paste because my cpu kept overheating

cpu came out with it and bent a lot of pins

thanks amd

edit: despite my best efforts to straighten the pins, it's still not posting. F.
For a second I thought Zaneyard was posting and I was laughing pretty hard.

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - zaneyard - 06-12-2010

no i was gonna make a crack at him but i figured if he was terrible enough to bend the pins on his cpu that's bad enough

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - Spore - 06-12-2010

(06-10-2010, 10:34 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Duck link=topic=4683.msg157132#msg157132 date=1276174613]
For people playing on absolutely beater-ass rigs, or just looking for a cheap build, newegg has a couple promotions going right now. Sign up for the newsletter, you get tons of coupons every week

[/quote]

Be weary of the 1055. It would probably be best to wait until the next series of 6 core processors before jumping onto them.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3674/amds-sixcore-phenom-ii-x6-1090t-1055t-reviewed/9

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - Versus - 06-12-2010

love it when the cpu is literally glued to the heatsink with the pre-applied thermal paste, you try getting it off

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - beep beep diglett - 06-12-2010

dont jizz onto your mobo then james jesus christ your masturbatory habits are getting stranger and stranger

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - copulatingduck - 06-12-2010

i dont know how you manage to make even dumber jokes than turtle on a consistent basis, but jesus youre retarded diglett

"HAHAHA SPLOOOGE LOL OWNED NUUBBB!"

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - beep beep diglett - 06-12-2010

only when versus gets something stuck

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - KarthXLR - 06-12-2010

(06-12-2010, 05:03 PM)dagrett link Wrote: only when versus gets something stuck
That's impossible because you can't get stuck in a hand.

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - Versus - 06-12-2010

Bought a new proc, it's not working either. Going to try my brother's old proc; if it works, I'll try updating my bios and then putting my new proc in; if it doesn't, my mobo's fucked and idk what I'll do.

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - copulatingduck - 06-12-2010

uhhhh, buy a new one

sell the old stuff to some scrub or just sell it for precious metal scrap

yeah my brother's phenom 9500 didn't work either, so my vote is for the mobo being fucked.

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - Gump - 06-12-2010

Looks pretty decent, but from my experience GIGABYTE's mobos are god tier if you can get a comparable deal on one

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - Geoff - 06-12-2010

lol i remember one time i switched cases and i forgot to put risers in and then my pops was pushing down on the mobo and the leds on my ram would turn on.  it was pretty cool until i realized shit wasnt grounded and i fried my mobo.  100 dollar mistake lolololol

ouch, that's rough geoff.... my mobo stripped a bunch of standoffs out, so I'm terrified that's happened everytime it fails to boot...

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - Versus - 06-13-2010

wow that sucks geoff

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=19346228

made this, i have no idea what my budget is going to be, but i just aimed for $2k with that wishlist. i'm just going to reuse my case.

Re: Gonna order parts for my first build soon! How does this look to you guys? - Gump - 06-14-2010

do you really need to boot 20 seconds faster