Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Planetside 2 - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Planetside (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+--- Thread: Planetside 2 (/showthread.php?tid=12221)

Re: Planetside 2 - Goffin - 06-10-2013

Lol nice pop. Was that at 8 am or noon ?    It's hard to tell

Re: Planetside 2 - CaffeinePowered - 06-10-2013

(06-10-2013, 02:15 PM)Goffin link Wrote: Lol nice pop. Was that at 8 am or noon ?    It's hard to tell

That wasnt the pop, that was the % territory controlled for the alert, it was like 40-40-20 (VS, NC, TR)

NC ended up grinding most of the TR pop in a biolab while the VS swept across Amerish.

Re: Planetside 2 - StolenToast - 06-10-2013

(06-10-2013, 02:19 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Goffin link=topic=5227.msg268028#msg268028 date=1370891756]
Lol nice pop. Was that at 8 am or noon ?    It's hard to tell

That wasnt the pop, that was the % territory controlled for the alert, it was like 40-40-20 (VS, NC, TR)

NC ended up grinding most of the TR pop in a biolab while the VS swept across Amerish.
[/quote]I just checked and it was 57-29-13 at the end.

Re: Planetside 2 - Goffin - 06-10-2013

ah.  lol  that's what I get for trying to view through an iphone Smile

Re: Planetside 2 - Chooly - 06-12-2013

Had a good time last night, BRBU Hijacked control of the Vanumob Platoon with Karrde calling most of the shots Tongue

Re: Planetside 2 - [fr31ns]Karrde - 06-13-2013

To be fair, mob boss DID take what is possibly the longest smoke break in the history of man XD

Re: Planetside 2 - StolenToast - 06-13-2013

Well, as we learned later, it was a combination smoke-break and smoke-break.

Re: Planetside 2 - [fr31ns]Karrde - 06-13-2013

This is true XD

Re: Planetside 2 - Goffin - 06-13-2013

The indar server can't keep up with all of these alerts.  I was having a blast killing a squad of NC that was taking a bio yesterday.  all of them would just appear of my screen and the rest is history.    I solo'd a scat max while I was heavy to paint you a picture lol.  a first.

Re: Planetside 2 - Kor - 06-13-2013

(06-13-2013, 11:26 AM)Goffin link Wrote: I solo'd a scat max while I was heavy

I prefer to take this out of context, as a potential story hook for a slashfic.

Re: Planetside 2 - Didzo - 06-14-2013

SOE banned my account without sending me an email notification. And I can't send a support ticket because I can't sign into my account because my account is banned.

Re: Planetside 2 - FlyingMongoose - 06-15-2013

(06-14-2013, 11:08 PM)Didzo link Wrote: SOE banned my account without sending me an email notification. And I can't send a support ticket because I can't sign into my account because my account is banned.

Same thing happened to poxer, I think they're having issues with their accounts system, give it a few hours to a couple of days, you should be able to log back in. For him it was only a few hours and he could get back in.

Re: Planetside 2 - CaffeinePowered - 06-15-2013

(06-14-2013, 11:08 PM)Didzo link Wrote: SOE banned my account without sending me an email notification. And I can't send a support ticket because I can't sign into my account because my account is banned.

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/345733128586940416

Re: Planetside 2 - StolenToast - 06-21-2013

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/i-think-i-broke-it-higby.135784/

This is sadly true...

It kind of seems like FPS players took over the game by complaining so much that the whole game shifted focus.

Not quite completely broken, yet.

Re: Planetside 2 - rumbot - 06-21-2013

All I read in that was that BCP ragequit. Anyone have a link to his QQ goodbye post, or is it not lulzworthy?

Re: Planetside 2 - Goffin - 06-21-2013

(06-21-2013, 12:05 AM)StolenToast link Wrote: It kind of seems like FPS players took over the game by complaining so much that the whole game shifted focus.

IMO, Not really.  The whole game was an experiment that never took off.    It was rushed from concept to a beta, to beta.  I'm not one to read forums all day in my old age but everybody is insisting that all the PS2 games changers was made possible by buzz's comments.    If that's the case, (which is no stretch in my mind given this is SOE we're talking about) Holy Fuck.  Not to say the guy doesn't know games but if he did,  do you think he would be sitting at his computer for 15 hrs a day telling us how to play video games properly?      They can't keep active players in a F2P matrix with their new items monthly and the nerf's to existing items that follow.      PS2 is almost coming up to it's first b-day and hopefully, they existing servers will make it to then.    The TR pop on mattherson is low and not to give the enclave any credit they deserve but i'm sure the total TR world pop just dropped 8%.    I won't be surprised to see VS at 50% pop while NC and TR struggle in the 20% range in the coming months.   

Re: Planetside 2 - CaffeinePowered - 06-21-2013

(06-21-2013, 05:45 AM)rumbot link Wrote: All I read in that was that BCP ragequit. Anyone have a link to his QQ goodbye post, or is it not lulzworthy?

http://www.twitch.tv/buzzcutpsycho/b/419693663

(06-21-2013, 06:36 AM)Goffin link Wrote: [quote author=StolenToast link=topic=5227.msg268476#msg268476 date=1371791103]

It kind of seems like FPS players took over the game by complaining so much that the whole game shifted focus.

IMO, Not really.  The whole game was an experiment that never took off.    It was rushed from concept to a beta, to beta.  I'm not one to read forums all day in my old age but everybody is insisting that all the PS2 games changers was made possible by buzz's comments.    If that's the case, (which is no stretch in my mind given this is SOE we're talking about) Holy Fuck.  Not to say the guy doesn't know games but if he did,  do you think he would be sitting at his computer for 15 hrs a day telling us how to play video games properly?      They can't keep active players in a F2P matrix with their new items monthly and the nerf's to existing items that follow.      PS2 is almost coming up to it's first b-day and hopefully, they existing servers will make it to then.    The TR pop on mattherson is low and not to give the enclave any credit they deserve but i'm sure the total TR world pop just dropped 8%.    I won't be surprised to see VS at 50% pop while NC and TR struggle in the 20% range in the coming months.   
[/quote]

PS1 did a lot of things wrong and was by no means perfect, but the utter aversion to anything tied to original game (except when they've exhausted all other development avenues) is their Achilles heel. There are definitely some things you can't port, but there's also some real common sense shit that they overlooked from day one.

Re: Planetside 2 - rumbot - 06-21-2013

Not a very compelling ragequit. Sounds like he just got bored by the lack of meta-game / endgame. We've all been in agreement about that since launch.

His other complaints about balance and performance and nerfs aren't completely unfounded, but those are aggravating factors and not what's fundamentally wrong with the game.

Re: Planetside 2 - CaffeinePowered - 06-21-2013

http://www.twitch.tv/caffeinepowered/c/2458689

This was the best small outpost battle Ive ever been in.

Re: Planetside 2 - StolenToast - 06-21-2013

(06-21-2013, 03:26 PM)rumbot link Wrote: His other complaints about balance and performance and nerfs aren't completely unfounded, but those are aggravating factors and not what's fundamentally wrong with the game.
What's fundamentally wrong with the game is something that cannot be fixed. 

In my opinion, the fundamental problem with the game is simply (for lack of what it is really called) "tumblr syndrome", as in, you believe everything in the universe is designed to be as unfair to you as possible.  Every faction believes they are the poor underdog who has to fight unbelievable odds against OP waves of destruction and it's so unfair you gotta nerf everyone else!  A lot of games are designed to be equal-footing (most FPSes) where everyone is given the exact same weapons and abilities to choose from and that leads to natural balance.  In Planetside you have a rock-paper-scissors game, where each faction is designed to have strengths and weaknesses.  But when players are on the weakness side of the fight they interpret that as being unfair.  They don't want to lose, they want to win.  But what they don't realize is that for them to win, someone has to lose, and a third of the time it's going to be you. 

So what really needs to happen to the game, in my opinion, is for people to realize this and begin to tolerate loss, and instead to play to their own strengths and develop strategies to counter the other faction strengths.  But that doesn't let me win more, so fuck that.  I am under the impression that this game can never be adequately "balanced".  Ever. 

To summarize, the problem with the game is the players.  But since that seems silly then I will agree with Goffin in that it is an experiment which just didn't quite work.  I think it just attracted the wrong type of crowd; FPS players.  What it really needed was MMO players.  So while I still enjoy the game, I'm not sure for how much longer.  Because if it is becoming a straight FPS then, honestly, it's kind of a lame FPS. 

If what I said about FPS vs MMO seems silly, I am writing a real big rant about it that explains better.