Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Android Phones - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Technology (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Forum: Gadgets (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Thread: Android Phones (/showthread.php?tid=12234)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Re: Android Phones - KarthXLR - 12-12-2011

(12-11-2011, 11:23 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: what are you talking about
i don't remember any htc software that was good at all
Not actual applications, but the stuff that comes with their version of the phone OS. Their version of the keyboard, the music player, some of the options. Almost all of them are better than what comes with a stock gingerbread OS.

Re: Android Phones - zaneyard - 12-12-2011

swiftkey x > all seriously, it's worth the 3 bucks. it was ten cents last week but you missed it.

i use google music but the newest android music player isn't so bad.

Re: Android Phones - TOH - 12-13-2011

Or just find a Sense ROM.

Re: Android Phones - HeK - 12-15-2011

After a week of shipping...

[Image: IN4Uv.jpg]
[Image: Knp50.jpg]
[Image: c8AkS.jpg]
[Image: FiaCk.jpg]
[Image: TRMhE.jpg]

Re: Android Phones - zaneyard - 12-15-2011

lucky bastard. Though I can't say I'm unhappy with my Epic 4G Touch. Thing is a powerhouse the only thing I wish it had was NFC

Re: Android Phones - at0m - 12-15-2011

FU to virgin for taking so long, or you're just going to use the phone unattached to any provider?

Re: Android Phones - Luinbariel - 12-15-2011

(12-15-2011, 01:44 PM)at0m link Wrote: FU to virgin for taking so long, or you're just going to use the phone unattached to any provider?

I am dumb. Never mind.

Re: Android Phones - HeK - 12-15-2011

(12-15-2011, 01:44 PM)at0m link Wrote: or you're just going to use the phone unattached to any provider

Re: Android Phones - backfire - 02-04-2012

Been wonderin this for a while. Anyone know of a way to launch an exe or batch file on my computer from my phone? Was thinkin if there was a way I could just select a shortcut/widget from my launcher to start something like a shutdown script or whatever on my computer.

Re: Re: Android Phones - HeK - 02-04-2012

Besides android vnc or rdp, you could try remote launcher

http://owtroid.com/remotelauncher/mediawiki/index.php?title=Remote_Launcher

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Re: Android Phones - backfire - 02-06-2012

Remote Launcher looks like exactly what I was looking for, but I can't get a connection established. Tried both via lan and an external connection with my router set to forward the port, but still get a "Connection failed: Connection timed out, please check your config" error.

Re: Android Phones - HeK - 02-06-2012

(02-06-2012, 06:46 AM)backfire link Wrote: Remote Launcher looks like exactly what I was looking for, but I can't get a connection established. Tried both via lan and an external connection with my router set to forward the port, but still get a "Connection failed: Connection timed out, please check your config" error.

Windows firewall?

Re: Android Phones - HeK - 06-28-2012

So I updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.

It's smooth. Like butter.

Re: Android Phones - at0m - 06-28-2012

My phone's still running 2.3.3 Sad

Re: Re: Re: Android Phones - HeK - 06-28-2012

(06-28-2012, 06:07 PM)at0m link Wrote: My phone's still running 2.3.3 Sad

RIP

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Re: Android Phones - ainmosni - 07-15-2012

My provider is sending me a Samsung Galaxy SIII because my contract is up and I was willing to renew it (and downsize the calling minutes because I don't call much). Can't wait.

Re: Android Phones - Evil Cheese - 07-17-2012

Anybody else upgrade their Galaxy S II/Skyrocket to ICS yet? So far I dig the UI enhancements and new features, but GPS seems to take longer to lock (I admit I haven't actually done much testing on this) and battery life gets raped worse than before when I'm in a an area with low reception (such as my office building) but that may also have something to do with LTE as well. I had to ditch TouchWiz for Nova Launcher though, as TW is slower and feels a lot more like Gingerbread than ICS.

Re: Android Phones - HeK - 07-17-2012

Current gen LTE radios are very power hungry.
No real point going LTE until providers start to max out their HSPA bandwidths.

Re: Android Phones - at0m - 07-17-2012

Still waiting for CM9 to come out for my Inspire 4G....

Re: Android Phones - zaneyard - 07-17-2012

(07-17-2012, 08:58 AM)Evil Cheese link Wrote: Anybody else upgrade their Galaxy S II/Skyrocket to ICS yet? So far I dig the UI enhancements and new features, but GPS seems to take longer to lock (I admit I haven't actually done much testing on this) and battery life gets raped worse than before when I'm in a an area with low reception (such as my office building) but that may also have something to do with LTE as well. I had to ditch TouchWiz for Nova Launcher though, as TW is slower and feels a lot more like Gingerbread than ICS.
update your modem