Be Right Back, Uninstalling
L.A. Noire - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Kiddy Corner (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: L.A. Noire (/showthread.php?tid=12608)

Pages: 1 2

L.A. Noire - Black Aspen - 05-12-2011

[Image: lanoire_1_800x600.jpg]

Soooo... Who else is excited for this one?

I can't decide who to pre-order with.  What about you guys?

Re: L.A. Noire - Maxon - 05-12-2011

Mostly a rental for me.  Haven't seen much that really got me excited other than the interesting facial capture tech, though I'll be checking with what people say after it's released to see if it brings something really cool.

Re: L.A. Noire - KarthXLR - 05-12-2011

I'm really interested in it. But I can't rent it...so I may buy it!

Re: L.A. Noire - Squishy3 - 05-12-2011

Can't fucking wait.

Re: L.A. Noire - Dtrain323i - 05-13-2011

It better be good

Re: L.A. Noire - KarthXLR - 05-13-2011

HHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

I preordered it.

Re: L.A. Noire - Ianki - 05-13-2011

(05-12-2011, 12:19 AM)Black Aspen link Wrote: [Image: lanoire_1_800x600.jpg]

Soooo... Who else is excited for this one?

I can't decide who to pre-order with.  What about you guys?

The gamestop preorder comes with an entire extra mission, plus added collectables that will upgrade weapons.  They are such asshole

Re: L.A. Noire - Black Aspen - 05-14-2011

Preordered in full today...
[Image: person_ashamed.jpg]

Re: L.A. Noire - KarthXLR - 05-15-2011

(05-14-2011, 11:23 PM)Black Aspen link Wrote: Preordered in full today...
[Image: person_ashamed.jpg]
[Image: iknowthatfeelbro.png]

Re: L.A. Noire - KarthXLR - 05-15-2011

[Image: time-to-get-classy.jpg]

LA Noire OST - "Main Theme" Andrew Hale

Re: L.A. Noire - Ianki - 05-17-2011

i can't tell when people are lying.  maybe having gamers who lack understanding of social cues play this game is the wrong idea.

Re: L.A. Noire - Maxon - 05-20-2011

Yeah it can be tough to judge sometimes if you need to Doubt or say Lie...Sometimes Doubt acts almost as harsh as Lying to me lol I guess Truth and Lie would've made things to easy, but it works alright so far. 

Interesting game.  Gives me hope that Rockstar still has it in them to make a good GTA game when they get around to it. Only faults I've seen so far is that there are framerate issues at times and that the animations could be abit smoother when compared to that fantastic facial animation.  That tech they used is impressive.

They still have some annoyances with body physics and people hitting cars at certain speeds.  Apparently they think that when someone is hit by a car, their body crumples to the ground like they were shot in the head lol

Re: L.A. Noire - KarthXLR - 05-21-2011

I'm having a hard time getting used to the controls, as well as investigations. Love the feel of the game so far.

Re: L.A. Noire - Maxon - 05-21-2011

I have such a hard time figuring if I'm supposed to Doubt or say Lie lol Sometimes I'll get most of the questions, then other times, I'll get like half of them.  I worry whenever I'm supposed to interrogate someone.  I don't think I've 100% one on the first go yet and I'm 2 discs into the game.

Re: L.A. Noire - [SiN] Merc - 05-22-2011

(05-21-2011, 03:36 PM)Maxon link Wrote: I have such a hard time figuring if I'm supposed to Doubt or say Lie lol Sometimes I'll get most of the questions, then other times, I'll get like half of them.  I worry whenever I'm supposed to interrogate someone.  I don't think I've 100% one on the first go yet and I'm 2 discs into the game.

You weren't kidding about interrogations Maxon. I mean shit, I always get nothing from them.

Re: Re: L.A. Noire - KarthXLR - 05-22-2011

I think I may have wasted my money. Sad

It's really not that fun.

Re: L.A. Noire - Squishy3 - 05-22-2011

[spoiler]ffffffffffffffffffffff at what happens at the end of the vice desk, also homicide desk, also hek, i love you for putting this in. i even started the spoilers using tiny font then remembered this[/spoiler]
also hek, i love you for putting this in. i even started the spoilers using tiny font then remembered this

Re: L.A. Noire - CorpseFactor - 05-25-2011

[Image: lanoirebug.jpg]
Small bug I found in my playing.

Re: L.A. Noire - Maxon - 05-25-2011

Not really seeing anything wrong there, though that car shaped refrigerator is a tad large-OH WAIT.

Probably not gonna finish up this game, though I might pick it back up later.  An interesting idea, but...Not quite the game for me in the end, though from the sound of it, there will probably be more sequels. Curious to see if they'll keep it as an open world game or take it more linear, since the open world aspect really doesn't benefit the game much at all.

Re: L.A. Noire - Squishy3 - 05-25-2011

My favorite bug I found so far was I was in the end mission or one of the missions leading up to the end of the game and saw a police car in the middle of an intersection on top of another car furiously thrusting down. They eventually untangled each other. I'm guessing the police car reached climax.