Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Battle Island: Nexus - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Planetside (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+--- Thread: Battle Island: Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=13855)

Battle Island: Nexus - [fr31ns]Karrde - 06-29-2013

PlanetSide 2: Nexus Battle Island Fly Through

Though the statement "balanced for 2 teams" makes me think this is going to be kinda an esports exclusive thing...

*edit*

or at least esports oriented.

Re: Battle Island: Nexus - K2 - 06-29-2013

Quote:Karrde link=topic=7027.msg268835#msg268835 date=1372543340]
PlanetSide 2: Nexus Battle Island Fly Through

Though the statement "balanced for 2 teams" makes me think this is going to be kinda an esports exclusive thing...

*edit*

or at least esports oriented.

It's definitely for eSports. Look at 1:36, the 2 warpgates are literally right next to each other.

Re: Battle Island: Nexus - Chooly - 06-29-2013

It could be cool.. I've always been a big fan of well organized small outfit ops.
But if it's e-sports exclusive, and regular outfits can't benefit from it, then I couldn't care less.

If it is released to the public tho, how would that work? Like a ranked outfit matchmaking system?

EDIT: Higby claims it will tie into core-gameplay so ought to be available to the public.

Re: Battle Island: Nexus - StolenToast - 06-29-2013

I would absolutely love it if it were a match-making system, where two full-sized platoons could duke it out with no distractions or interruptions.  Like tf2 lobbies.

Also I think the two teams they are referring to are the TR and the NC.  No VS.

Re: Battle Island: Nexus - Goffin - 06-30-2013

2fort

Re: Battle Island: Nexus - CaffeinePowered - 06-30-2013

(06-30-2013, 07:43 AM)Goffin link Wrote: 2fort

It was all about dustbowl, well, rock2, canal_zone, cz2, and avanti

Re: Battle Island: Nexus - HeK - 06-30-2013

(06-30-2013, 08:42 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Goffin link=topic=7027.msg268866#msg268866 date=1372596229]
2fort

It was all about dustbowl, well, rock2, canal_zone, cz2, and avanti
[/quote]

4f4 and sewer1

Re: Battle Island: Nexus - KorJax - 06-30-2013

They are thinking about making these things intermediaries between conts when they put in cross-cont warfare

I think it could work but the small pop lock limits will really be annoying if your entire faction is stuck battling on a battle island for hours and nobody can actually play on it due to pop lock

I figure this won't be so bad if they simply make the entrance to hossin or whatever via battle islands but the entrance to esamir via indar (for example) would just be direct. so if the battle islands are pop locked then you can just go to the esamir front or something.

Re: Battle Island: Nexus - at0m - 08-06-2013

Kinda reminds me of the corporations in Global Agenda and the organized way you could have matches in that game.