Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Vongore - 04-22-2009

(04-22-2009, 11:08 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: I still play TF2 every day and enjoy it as much as I did when i got it.

About time we agree on something Zane ;D

Yes, i don't care what they put on TF2, i still enjoy playing it

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Geoff - 04-23-2009

Just be happy we actually GET updates.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Spore - 04-23-2009

(04-22-2009, 05:45 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: Let's not forget the Medic not having a potent weapon for getting out of trouble.

Medics shouldn't even have this. If they are dicking around alone, they ought to die. I mean, is there any reason at all to use the normal needles once you have the blut? Also, have we figured out the point of the backpack yet other than to induce rage?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Blues - 04-23-2009

(04-22-2009, 11:03 PM)Karf the Walrus link Wrote: [quote author=Radio Raheem link=topic=206.msg78515#msg78515 date=1240458989]
there hasnt been a good update since the medic pack. the game has gotten considerably worse with each one
Especially that desperately needed pyro buff, totally unnecessary. And the Heavy update? Useless.

But yeah, the game has degraded with the scout update (IMO)
[/quote]
See, if I'm reading this right, you were trying to be sarcastic and were implying that these things you stated were untrue. Unfortunately for you if sarcasm was your goal, your statements were spot on.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Benito Mussolini - 04-23-2009

(04-23-2009, 02:49 PM)Spore link Wrote: [quote author=Benito Mussolini link=topic=206.msg78459#msg78459 date=1240440340]
Let's not forget the Medic not having a potent weapon for getting out of trouble.

Medics shouldn't even have this. If they are dicking around alone, they ought to die. I mean, is there any reason at all to use the normal needles once you have the blut?
[/quote]

Of course, there is not. But I don't think the weapon is in any way too strong in combat situation.
It's basically changing a bad weapon for a weapon almost as bad, but that'll help you survive against W+M1 pyros.

(04-23-2009, 06:10 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: [quote author=Spore link=topic=206.msg78649#msg78649 date=1240516146]
[quote author=Benito Mussolini link=topic=206.msg78459#msg78459 date=1240440340]
Let's not forget the Medic not having a potent weapon for getting out of trouble.

Medics shouldn't even have this. If they are dicking around alone, they ought to die. I mean, is there any reason at all to use the normal needles once you have the blut?
[/quote]

Of course, there is not. But I think the weapon is way too strong in combat situations except fighting heavies.
It's basically changing a bad weapon for a weapon way better that causes half the classes in the game to run away from you instead of chasing you down and killing you, but that'll help you constantly kill W+M1 pyros as long as you notice them before they get within 3 feet of you.
[/quote]

Fixed for accuracy. Don't get me wrong, I love abusing the thing, but it's true nonetheless.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wedge - 04-23-2009

(04-23-2009, 06:27 PM)Blues link Wrote: [quote author=Benito Mussolini link=topic=206.msg78668#msg78668 date=1240528257]
[quote author=Spore link=topic=206.msg78649#msg78649 date=1240516146]
[quote author=Benito Mussolini link=topic=206.msg78459#msg78459 date=1240440340]

[/quote]

Of course, there is not. But I think the weapon is way too strong in combat situations except fighting heavies.
It's basically changing a bad weapon for a weapon way better that causes half the classes in the game to run away from you instead of chasing you down and killing you, but that'll help you constantly kill W+M1 pyros as long as you notice them before they get within 3 feet of you.
[/quote]

Fixed for accuracy. Don't get me wrong, I love abusing the thing, but it's true nonetheless.
[/quote]

Says the man who plays a ton of spy.  Because it's not like their firearm is stupidly powerful or anything.

The blutsauger is only effective against retards and pyros.  I've never beaten a scout that is actually good (plenty of crappy scouts tho), and any decent soldier or demo is going to take you out in half a second so it won't matter anyways.  Benito would know, he plays medic against competition level players.  You can play hide and seek with a solo heavy to beat them too, but MOST classes can do that if a heavy is alone and you have cover.

(04-23-2009, 06:59 PM)Wedge link Wrote: [quote author=Blues link=topic=206.msg78672#msg78672 date=1240529257]
[quote author=Benito Mussolini link=topic=206.msg78668#msg78668 date=1240528257]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Says the man who plays a ton of spy.  Because it's not like their firearm is stupidly powerful or anything.

The blutsauger is only effective against retards and pyros.  I've never beaten a scout that is actually good (plenty of crappy scouts tho), and any decent soldier or demo is going to take you out in half a second so it won't matter anyways.  Benito would know, he plays medic against competition level players.  You can play hide and seek with a solo heavy to beat them too, but MOST classes can do that if a heavy is alone and you have cover.
[/quote]
Like I said, not like I'm complaining. I've got no problem taking advantage of overpowered stuff, but the fact remains that it's overpowered. On the other hand, the spy's gun generally is harder to aim than the bluts, so at least there's some balance.

Also, the bluts is effective against ANYTHING besides a heavy as long as you can A) aim it well and B) avoid well. Both take practice, but if you're a good medic, and you run into any class that's already damaged, chances are you'll win unless they get you with a crit. Of course I'm not talking "competition level" players vs. medic, but even some of them can be taken out pretty easily if you have any amount of intelligence.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wedge - 04-23-2009

(04-23-2009, 09:05 PM)Blues link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=206.msg78681#msg78681 date=1240531183]
[quote author=Blues link=topic=206.msg78672#msg78672 date=1240529257]
[quote author=Benito Mussolini link=topic=206.msg78668#msg78668 date=1240528257]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I'mnotcomplainingbutreallyIam bullshit bullshit bullshit, more bullshit, any class can kill any other class when they are half dead, no fucking shit, aaaaand bullshit.
[/quote]

Unless someone is charging straight at you, being retarded, or a heavy, you cannot keep a constant stream of needles hitting them, so at best it can keep you alive long enough to get away, not usually kill someone.  Which is what it should do and why it's not overpowered at all.  I'll give you occasionally you get lucky and hit a stream of needles at very close range that does a fuckton of damage, but that happens very rarely compared to I dunno, a shotgun?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - at0m - 04-23-2009

(04-23-2009, 09:12 PM)Wedge link Wrote: [quote author=Blues link=topic=206.msg78693#msg78693 date=1240538749]
[quote author=Wedge link=topic=206.msg78681#msg78681 date=1240531183]
[quote author=Blues link=topic=206.msg78672#msg78672 date=1240529257]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I'mnotcomplainingbutreallyIam bullshit bullshit bullshit, more bullshit, any class can kill any other class when they are half dead, no fucking shit, aaaaand bullshit.
[/quote]

Unless someone is charging straight at you, being retarded, or a heavy, you cannot keep a constant stream of needles hitting them, so at best it can keep you alive long enough to get away, not usually kill someone.  Which is what it should do and why it's not overpowered at all.
[/quote]Unless you're me. I kill people at long range with that thing all the time, its not even hard against soldiers if they don't switch to their shotgun. All you have to do is learn to lead targets, and aim high (aka without really using the crosshair). These are skills I learned playing PS Tongue Thumper + Plasma FTW

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - zaneyard - 04-23-2009

im gonna go ahead and say that as long as you aren't incredibly fuckin stupid it's not a problem avoiding the blut.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 04-23-2009

(04-23-2009, 10:35 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: im gonna go ahead and say that as long as you aren't incredibly fuckin stupid it's not a problem avoiding the blut.
For once, I actually agree with Zaneyard.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - zaneyard - 04-23-2009

(04-22-2009, 11:46 PM)Vongore link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=206.msg78522#msg78522 date=1240459696]
I still play TF2 every day and enjoy it as much as I did when i got it.

About time we agree on something Zane ;D

Yes, i don't care what they put on TF2, i still enjoy playing it
[/quote]
(04-23-2009, 10:57 PM)Karf the Walrus link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=206.msg78704#msg78704 date=1240544101]
im gonna go ahead and say that as long as you aren't incredibly fuckin stupid it's not a problem avoiding the blut.
For once, I actually agree with Zaneyard.
[/quote]

im two for two

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Eschatos - 04-24-2009

I propose that every single weapon in TF2 is overpowered and should be nerfed.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Radio Raheem - 04-24-2009

ive seen medics take down plenty of good scouts 1v1. if the scout doesnt surprise the medic then its a pretty tough fight. the scout just doesnt have the mid range damage to keep up with the heals

note: im talking about medics who can actually aim and dont spaz out

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - 04-24-2009

Scout technically always wins - there is always the opportunity to dodge no matter how good the player is at predicting. No opportunity to dodge hitscan.

all in the movement

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - zaneyard - 04-24-2009

(04-24-2009, 06:59 AM)Radio Raheem link Wrote: ive seen medics take down plenty of good scouts 1v1. if the scout doesnt surprise the medic then its a pretty tough fight. the scout just doesnt have the mid range damage to keep up with the heals

those scouts obviously didn't use auto pistol scripts.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Dave - 04-24-2009

i dont use auto pistol scripts.

i like to think i know a little about scouts, and radio is right, 1v1 with a level playing field, the medic has a decent chance, and he will at least wound you if you dont know what you are doing which leaves you vulnerable to his team mates, if you cna get close to the medic on the other hand, you should be able to plug em the required three times before they even get a shot in.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Radio Raheem - 04-24-2009

(04-24-2009, 10:43 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=Radio Raheem link=topic=206.msg78733#msg78733 date=1240574373]
ive seen medics take down plenty of good scouts 1v1. if the scout doesnt surprise the medic then its a pretty tough fight. the scout just doesnt have the mid range damage to keep up with the heals

those scouts obviously didn't use auto pistol scripts.
[/quote]

clearly this makes a giant difference since it shoots at the same speed and all. pistol scripts multiply your skill by 10

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wedge - 04-24-2009

(04-24-2009, 06:59 AM)Radio Raheem link Wrote: ive seen medics take down plenty of good scouts 1v1. if the scout doesnt surprise the medic then its a pretty tough fight. the scout just doesnt have the mid range damage to keep up with the heals

Key point there.  If a Scout is taking any class head on from 50 feet away where they can see them, of fucking course they'll have trouble.  But that's obviously not what Scouts are supposed to do anyways.