Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 10-05-2010

UMMM SOMETIMES I LIKE GETTING 1SHOT BY NADES AND SOMETIMES I DONT. ITS ARE RIGHT TO HAVE RANDOM SPREAD.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kor - 10-06-2010

(10-05-2010, 09:29 PM)Duck link Wrote: [quote author=Kor link=topic=206.msg177140#msg177140 date=1286308920]
Black Box and Battalion's Back Up have improved my usual 1.7-2:1 Soldier game to approximately 3-4:1 depending on the map. I've never felt more capable in sustained fights, even with the loss of the shotgun. Who needs the hat, corner peeking SG's still works, so GG at the set bonus.

whats this set bonus you speak of? is it like in diablo and wow? did valve really bring the rpg to the fps?
[/quote]

Yeah man, they have bonuses for wearing the full set of the poly count items for the class. It's novel, nothing overpowered, sort of like a hat getting an equip bonus really. The Solly set reduced SG damage by 20%. Sniper set prevents death from HS's, but the sniper rifle in the set can't HS. The Pyro set is 10% increased movement speed, but the cost of 10% bullet vulnerability. Scout set is 25 more health(at 4 pieces none the less). The spy is is probably the lamest of the bunch, reduced decloak volume, but gain a half second on the "cloak blink time", which sounds like the shimmer before/after the cloak. All in all they're all well done considering the playstyle impact the items within the set have; I hope Valve maintains that balanced approach with the other 4 classes, when released.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 10-06-2010

(10-05-2010, 09:53 PM)dagrett link Wrote: UMMM SOMETIMES I LIKE GETTING 1SHOT BY NADES AND SOMETIMES I DONT. ITS ARE RIGHT TO HAVE RANDOM SPREAD.

So you'd rather 100% of the time get one shot than online sometimes? Ok, brb adjusting CVARs just for you  :-*

Edit:

Since last night was the first time I've played since the update here's my reactions....

Scout Stuff:
Milk - Awesome support weapon, I think its also appropriate for it to take up the scattergun, you lose your ability to do heavy lifting, but in turn help others, I think the 75% heal-back might get rolled to 50 - 66% though.

Shortstop - A tad bit OP, I didnt notice any slowdown, but I think its a bit too accurate at range, damage seems pretty spot on though

Fish - Its a fish.....

Group-Bonus - Given your role as support, I think the +25% isn't game breaking

Soldier Stuff
Black Box - I didn't notice any difference from the normal rocket launcher really, it may restore health, but I dont think the -1 Rocket is worth it

Rocket Jumper - I know, you should wear this with gunboats and the pain train!

Battalion's Backup - Seems pretty cool, don't think it stops minicrits from pee and/or reflects though....

Pan - Same shit, different model

Group Bonus - Meh, you're going to be cornering sentries anyway, so whats the point?

Pryo Stuff
Degreaser - Holy fuck the weapon swap is fast, and it applies to everything, I had trouble getting used to _not_ puffing people before swapping to the axe, since usually the puff is used to disorient someone during the swap to the axe. This will likely get a nerf, either removing its air-blast or -25% to actual flame damage rather than just the afterburn

Power Jack - may not crit like the axe, but higher base damage makes up for it, and like backfire said, as long as you are holding it when someone dies, you get health - reflect rocket, quick swap, get health....yea this is getting a nerf to only kills made by it getting you the +Health

Group Bonus - Speed for bullet damage, heavies already cut you down fast, but now you run faster than a medic

Heavy

Gloves of Running - Seriously, health drain? I could see maybe +20% damage taken, but a drain...I guess if you have a medic its fine....

Medic

Vita Saw - Meh, you shouldn't be dying in the first place as a medic, lowing your health is just a bad idea

Sniper

Pee Rifle - The fact it can spread up to 160 for a bodyshot at full charge is a bit much, did it need a damage buff? I did not get jarate often from this, usually if I got hit with enough of a charge, I was dead anyway.

Shield - Meh, 125 -> 150 really isnt going to keep you from dying that much to heavier classes given you don't have the weapons to tango with them

Bushwacka - Very nice, just watch out for flares

Set Bonus - Fair trade off since you can neither give or receive headshots, but my question is, a headshot reduces you to 1HP, if you are already low on HP, do you die or always stay at 1 HP?

Spy

L'Etranger - Seems most useful for the dead ringer since they maxed ammo pick-ups at 25% of the DR's cloak

Eternal Reward - Very situational, also only backstab gets you a disguise, not a knife kill

Set Bonus - Situational, depends on the map, but it seems like it could be brutal with the C&D, but anyone who knows what they are doing is going to be looking for you because they will see you DR and run for the back lines undisguised.

Honestly I think the pyro stuff seems the most OP, maybe scout and the pee rifle as close seconds, I'd put money on valve putting out a patch in the next two weeks to change a few things.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 10-06-2010

eschatos, i'm not talking about shotgun pellet spread. what i am talking about is that, when you fire, invisible dice roll and determine how much damage your shot just did, for every weapon minus headshots.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Hobospartan - 10-06-2010

I'm guessing they'll make the airblast on the degreaser to the old way.  Fires slower, uses more ammo.  At least that's what I think they should do.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 10-06-2010

found it!

[Image: whitaker_blog.jpg]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 10-06-2010

(10-06-2010, 11:51 AM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: eschatos, i'm not talking about shotgun pellet spread. what i am talking about is that, when you fire, invisible dice roll and determine how much damage your shot just did, for every weapon minus headshots.

yeah, there's really no reason -not- to disable spread, it adds nothing to the game but frustration when you can't fucking kill heavies because all your rockets did 97 damage and you're dead before you can pull out your shotty

btw caff nades with nospread do 100 damage, not enough to 1kill anything at full hp

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 10-06-2010

(10-06-2010, 02:32 PM)dagrett link Wrote: [quote author=Versus-pwny- link=topic=206.msg177286#msg177286 date=1286383905]
eschatos, i'm not talking about shotgun pellet spread. what i am talking about is that, when you fire, invisible dice roll and determine how much damage your shot just did, for every weapon minus headshots.

yeah, there's really no reason -not- to disable spread, it adds nothing to the game but frustration when you can't fucking kill heavies because all your rockets did 97 damage and you're dead before you can pull out your shotty

btw caff nades with nospread do 100 damage, not enough to 1kill anything at full hp
[/quote]

Turned that off on Red, we'll see how it flies

Team Fortress 2
General Fixes
* Fixed an issue that caused some old demos to crash.
* The server browser now sorts by ping by default.
* The Trading dialog now starts with the chat window having focus.
* Fixed a bug that caused overheal to not work properly.
* Fixed the Sandvich cooldown not occurring when the Heavy is hurt.
* Fixed the Heavy's hands being invisible.
* Soldiers no longer maintain their rage level when changing loadout.
* Alerts now sort on top of achievement status.
* Prevented a bad state occurring when someone tried to trade with themselves.
* Fixed a dueling related crash caused by custom scoreboard UIs.
* Fixed players not being able to set their default FOV correctly.
* Fixed being unable to equip customized shotguns & pistols on some classes.
* Improved the explanation of the item set bonus in set item descriptions.
* Fixed a bug where items with particle systems would show up at the player's feet or pelvis.
* Fixed the wrench number for the Golden Wrench not displaying properly.
* Fixed the medal number for the Gentle Manne's Service Medal not displaying properly.
* Fixed client seeing incorrect message when changing team while participating in a duel.

Economy Changes
* Added Remove Name and Remove Paint features.
* Achievement items and store promotion items are now usable in crafting.
* Gifted items are now craftable and tradable.
* Attempting to craft a non tradable item will result in a warning that the items produced by the craft will also be marked as non tradable.
* Community, Self-Made, and Valve items are not tradable or usable in crafting.
* Changed "Not Craftable" description to "Not Usable in Crafting" to increase clarity.

Item Changes
* The TF badge on the Glengarry Bonnet is no longer team colored.
* Restored the missing PDA2 Slot Token.
* Restored the appearance of the Tippler's Tricorne to the version prior to the Mannconomy Update. This item is now paintable.
* Added a new paintable hat, the 'Rimmed Raincatcher' that has a new Tricorne style appearance.
* The Earbuds are now nameable.
* Duel fixes:
* Fixed Dueling badges using the wrong texture.
* Fixed an issue where dueling stats did not show up on dueling badges above Bronze.
* During a duel, the Dueling mini-game item used to initiate the duel cannot be deleted, traded or crafted.
* The following hats now allow the paint to affect their color more (colors should not be washed out):
* The Pugilist's Protector, The Hard Counter, The Bombing Run, Football Helmet, Fancy Fedora, Cowboy Hat, Engineer's Cap, Viking Helm, Respectless Rubber Glove, Batter's Helmet, Brigade Helm, Master's Yellow Belt, Killer's Kabuto, Backbiter's Billycock
* Dueling Mini-Game now drops with 5 uses.

Weapon Changes
* The Battalion's Backup no longer gives rage for falling damage.
* The Shortstop is now affected by tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads.
* The Gloves of Running Urgently now using the boxing taunt and boxing glove weapons are now of the type "Boxing Gloves" instead of "Fists."
* Your Eternal Reward no longer disguises the Spy if the victim survives the backstabbing attempt (because of Ubercharge, The Razorback, etc)
* Your Eternal Reward no longer disguises the Spy if they are carrying the flag.
* The Holy Mackerel no longer displays a fish hit message when a Spy disguised as the attacker's team is hit.
* The Holy Mackerel no longer triggers other death events (like achievements or stats mods) improperly.
* The Sydney Sleeper no longer penetrates targets.
* The Sydney Sleeper no longer randomly crits.
* Milk will no longer spray from the barrels of other Scout weapons when switching from the Mad Milk.

@caff sweet thanks we'll see how it goes i guess

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - PyroZombie - 10-06-2010

(10-06-2010, 05:14 PM)dagrett link Wrote: * The Sydney Sleeper no longer penetrates targets.
[img]I liked the piercing!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - shoopfox - 10-06-2010

(10-06-2010, 06:36 PM)PyroZombie link Wrote: [quote author=dagrett link=topic=206.msg177330#msg177330 date=1286403298]
* The Sydney Sleeper no longer penetrates targets.
[img]I liked the piercing!
[/quote]

Goodnight, sweet prince ;(

Now there's literally no reason to choose you over the SR

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Turtle - 10-06-2010

yeah why would they fucking NERF the sleeper

should just not have charge and do jarate on headshots

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 10-07-2010

(10-06-2010, 05:13 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=dagrett link=topic=206.msg177305#msg177305 date=1286393576]
[quote author=Versus-pwny- link=topic=206.msg177286#msg177286 date=1286383905]

[/quote]

Turned that off on Red, we'll see how it flies
[/quote]

<3

also: sadface at heavies losing constant sandviches once again :'(

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 10-08-2010

Well out of nowhere...I was given the Ellis Hat and Frying Pan upon playing today.  I did not buy anything to get it :X

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 10-08-2010

you can craft set hats.

4 Refined + Polycount Weapon for that class

so like for croc hat it's 4 refined and one of the sniper items

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Live-Free-Or-Pie - 10-08-2010

Pre-ordered L4D2, still no Ellis Hat/Pan... Sadface

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 10-08-2010

(10-08-2010, 06:39 PM)Live-Free-Or-Pie link Wrote: Pre-ordered L4D2, still no Ellis Hat/Pan... Sadface

What a crazy world when I get something I didn't want and you can't get it when you want it XD Wish it was tradeable.  I'd keep the hat and probably trade the pan.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Reevesith - 10-08-2010

(10-08-2010, 06:39 PM)Live-Free-Or-Pie link Wrote: Pre-ordered L4D2, still no Ellis Hat/Pan... Sadface
Cheer up pie guy!
[Image: Piellis-1.gif]
soon you'll get your hat & then you'll be telling us stories of your Buddie Kish, how that one time he tried to mix his peaches & cream with that cherry cobbler.. then got blind sighted by that pumpkin pie, was my first  time ever seeing someone forced defilling before..