Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - K2 - 10-08-2010

Also you can craft the GRU (KGB + Reclaimed) and the Vitasaw (Ubersaw + Reclaimed) now.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Live-Free-Or-Pie - 10-09-2010

(10-08-2010, 07:29 PM)Reevesith link Wrote: [quote author=Live-Free-Or-Pie link=topic=206.msg177680#msg177680 date=1286581187]
Pre-ordered L4D2, still no Ellis Hat/Pan... Sadface
Cheer up pie guy!
[Image: Piellis-1.gif]
soon you'll get your hat & then you'll be telling us stories of your Buddie Kish, how that one time he tried to mix his peaches & cream with that cherry cobbler.. then got blind sighted by that pumpkin pie, was my first  time ever seeing someone forced defilling before..
[/quote]

That is AMAZING.... Piebeard!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Live-Free-Or-Pie - 10-09-2010

Also, this was added under the radar

All 9 Class TF2 High Five Animations

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 10-09-2010

also shortstop is OP, it is amazing and i love it. goes with my equally OP black bombing run 8)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 10-09-2010

(10-09-2010, 01:16 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: also shortstop is OP, it is amazing and i love it. goes with my equally OP black bombing run 8)

Quote:I've been usin the special delivery kit for about two days now (all crafted btw, got lucky ) and I'm convinced the shortstop isn't overpowered. It's that most people are complaining about how much damage it does long range. The pistol can empty its clip in the same time as the shortstop and do more damage. This thing is a genuine cross between a pistol and a scattergun. It puts you at grave disadvantages up close (like when a heavy popped out of a teleport as I was trying to destroy it) and in a fight with a scout, a scattergun scout will usually beat a shortstop scout.

What I like about the shortstop (and the kit in general) is that it allows the scout to be more capable in crowded areas or chokepoints. Also gives the scout a much better counter to the pyro (though with the new degreaser, it'll only take a split second brush with him to wind up burnt and chopped).

I say this is actually a very fair sidegrade. Emphasizing medium range combat over short range. It's something that like the sandman I could see myself switching back and forth to. Now if only tf2 had loadout presets so I could click a button a go from the vanilla kit or the milkman kit.

Quote:
Lcpuche Wrote:you kidding me, i just used it, it's insane. Reload is as fast as a revolver (4 at the time), shoots fast, and does good damage, plut stream of crits instead of individual crits. Needs a nerf badly
Ya know the scattergun does good damage too? Great damage, infact, enough to take out a heavy in three shots. This thing doesn't do that.

Think of it more as a pistol. Ya know, that thing I rarely see any scouts actually use? It's actually pretty powerful, dishing out about 100 damage per clip at long range.

Comparing the stats back and forth between the scattergun and shortstop, one could even go as far to say it's underpowered (if understood by stats only) but gameplay wise it's perfectly even. If you get taken out by that scout long range with the shortstop, just make note he coulda done the same thing with a pistol.

Granted, the stream of crits is probably just a bug, but for everyone saying the shortstop needs a nerf, you'd also be saying so does the scattergun and pistol.

Quote:Alright, after another night of playing with this thing, I'm now convinced it's a perfect sidegrade. The milkman kit is nice in wide open maps like upward or warpath, but in smaller maps like most of dustbowl or 2fort, the scattergun-pistol-bat/sandman loadout is far better.

Unless you're amazing at aiming while dodging or they just suck at finding you, with the shortstop, if you see a heavy/medic, even with milk, it's gunna be hard as hell to take them down. With the scattergun though, even a heavy/medic who isn't all that oblivious can be taken down pretty easily provided you get the jump on em.

Like I said, this is something I'd be switching back and forth between depending on the map, situation, and whether or not their heavy has one of those freakin natashas I hate so much smash a ball into their head and make them bleed bullets.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Hobospartan - 10-09-2010

Damn straight, I'm loving the scoot unlocks so far, even though I don't have the milk yet.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 10-09-2010

@backfire screw the damage numbers, run a test to see how long it takes to kill a bot at medium-short-point blank w/ each weapon, i assure you it will be ridiculous on the shortstop. the negatives just don't justify the bonus. you get a better weapon at almost every range, except for point blank which is an incredibly rare engagement range.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Hobospartan - 10-09-2010

(10-09-2010, 01:54 PM)dagrett link Wrote: @backfire screw the damage numbers, run a test to see how long it takes to kill a bot at medium-short-point blank w/ each weapon, i assure you it will be ridiculous on the shortstop. the negatives just don't justify the bonus. you get a better weapon at almost every range, except for point blank which is an incredibly rare engagement range.

Not for scouts

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - HeK - 10-09-2010

(10-09-2010, 01:11 PM)Live-Free-Or-Pie link Wrote: Also, this was added under the radar

The demo gives the finger

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Spore - 10-12-2010

(10-09-2010, 01:11 PM)Live-Free-Or-Pie link Wrote: Also, this was added under the radar

Animations involving a partner is probably the result of Portal 2 coop where you can hug your teambot.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - PyroZombie - 10-14-2010

wait is this a active part of the game, or is this some stupid pseudo set up?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Badgerman of DOOM - 10-14-2010

oh and btw something else about the shortstop- if used with pistol, they have the same ammo reserve (something MASSIVE- you have a significant amount less ammo).

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 10-14-2010

(10-14-2010, 12:35 PM)Ensign Epic link Wrote: oh and btw something else about the shortstop- if used with pistol, they have the same ammo reserve (something MASSIVE- you have a significant amount less ammo).

yeah this is exactly why i don't use the pistol with the shortstop, even though i wish i could

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Badgerman of DOOM - 10-14-2010

(10-14-2010, 12:43 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [quote author=Ensign Epic link=topic=206.msg178619#msg178619 date=1287077739]
oh and btw something else about the shortstop- if used with pistol, they have the same ammo reserve (something MASSIVE- you have a significant amount less ammo).

yeah this is exactly why i don't use the pistol with the shortstop, even though i wish i could
[/quote]

I do it anyways since either I A) Don't stay alive long enough for this to be an issue or B) Whore ammo from a cart

to me the whole point of the short stop is doing maybe a bit less damage than the scattergun, but you can deal significant damage from a much longer distance, which helps keep you alive longer, especially when you're attacking classes that either do more damage at short range (heavy, pyro) or have an easier time doing damage at short range (soldiers basically have to just shoot at the floor next to them, demo if they're good with pipes), this is a run-on sentence. plus it still two-shots 125hp classes at point blank.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 10-14-2010

(10-14-2010, 12:50 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: to me the whole point of the short stop is doing maybe a bit less damage than the scattergun, but you can deal significant damage from a much longer distance, which helps keep you alive longer, especially when you're attacking classes that either do more damage at short range (heavy, pyro) or have an easier time doing damage at short range (soldiers basically have to just shoot at the floor next to them, demo if they're good with pipes), this is a run-on sentence. plus it still two-shots 125hp classes at point blank.

Demos already get raped by scouts, now even more so, the ability to deal more damage from a distance is what the kicker really is, and if you have the +Health from the set.....yea.....

i'd consider the milkman pack, but my bombing run rapes pretty hard and i didn't think much of the milk when i tried using it

i'd prefer increased damage to increased survivability

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 10-14-2010

(10-14-2010, 01:24 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: i'd consider the milkman pack, but my bombing run rapes pretty hard

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Gasman - 10-18-2010

Newest update from yesterday is technically not an update, but a new (old) glitch involving sentries. Basically, you can make an infinite number of them again. Here are some pics:

[Image: tr_walkway_rc0000.jpg?t=1287430727]

[Image: tr_walkway_rc0006.jpg?t=1287430747]

You can make your own army of mini sentries by picking up a sentry you made while taunting, then going into spawn and switching shotguns. then go into console and type "build 2". John was making a bunch of dispensers last night as well, but I have no idea how to do that.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Didzo - 10-18-2010

Holy....

:o