Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 01-02-2011

Ill submit a ticket on it, but honestly it might have something to do with the last update, how long has it been happening?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 01-02-2011

getting worse has probably been since the last update

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 01-02-2011

Played a few rounds on a different server.

81 damage scattergun-shots at mid range. awwwwww yeeeeeaaa!

... can we get those on our servers?

how about point blank meatshots not doing 0 damage

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 01-02-2011

Submitting a ticket & I updated sourcemod and metamod since both are running on development branches since Valve fucked everything up with the last patch.

I don't seem to see anyone complaining about blue so it has to be something on the physical box itself. I'm going to threaten to cancel the sub and see if it lites a fire under their collective asses.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 01-02-2011

(01-02-2011, 11:55 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: so it has to be something on the physical box itself.

Like I've been screaming for the last year, GameServers.com overbooks their boxes like a motherfucker, and HLDS is very CPU hoggish.

(01-02-2011, 11:55 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: I'm going to threaten to cancel the sub and see if it lites a fire under their collective asses.

It won't; they have far too many sheep, and they won't care. They *might* move you to another box in the same datacenter that's less loaded up, but the problem will return in 3-4 months again when the new box gets overloaded. I've used gameservers.com on and off for over 6 years, this is a reoccurring problem erry time. Just sayin'

Again.

Also gameservers haz a lot of choke.

ilu caff

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 01-03-2011

I think they upped our CPU quota since we load tested tonight and it seemed much better according to the people that played...

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Chief - 01-07-2011

Team Fortress 2

* Added community submitted kill icons.
    * Fixed enemies seeing death notices when you backstab their team mates with Your Eternal Reward.
    * Fixed the attack animation not always playing correctly for Your Eternal Reward.
    * Fixed the critboost sound not playing when the Kritzkrieg charge is deployed.
    * Fixed a broken texture on the Flipped Trilby.
    * Updated the material for the Jag.
    * Community Request
          o Fixed spawn points associated with a control point not being enabled/disabled correctly when the control point owner is set using the SetOwner input.
          o Added the "Server can execute" flag to the “firstperson” and “thirdperson” commands.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Spore - 01-07-2011

Pretty nice to see they finally added those kill icons.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - k0ala - 01-08-2011

(01-07-2011, 07:57 PM)Spore link Wrote: Pretty nice to see they finally added those kill icons.
Too bad the Kritzkrieg sound was broken for some of my teammates

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - at0m - 01-09-2011

(01-08-2011, 05:14 PM)k0ala link Wrote: [quote author=Spore link=topic=206.msg191354#msg191354 date=1294448252]
Pretty nice to see they finally added those kill icons.
Too bad the Kritzkrieg sound was broken for some of my teammates
[/quote]a bugfix actually breaking what it's supposed to fix? IMPOSSIBLE

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - PyroZombie - 01-10-2011

Quote:    * Fixed enemies seeing death notices when you backstab their team mates with Your Eternal Reward.

Cool.

So wait, that was a bug?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - at0m - 01-10-2011

(01-10-2011, 11:56 AM)PyroZombie link Wrote:
Quote:    * Fixed enemies seeing death notices when you backstab their team mates with Your Eternal Reward.

Cool.

So wait, that was a bug?
yeah, the corpse is supposed to insta-disappear and noone on the other team can see that you killed them. Except if they use voicechat with alltalk on, obviously.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [SiN] Merc - 01-11-2011

(01-10-2011, 05:44 PM)CUBA LIBRE link Wrote: [quote author=PyroZombie link=topic=206.msg191588#msg191588 date=1294678581]
Quote:    * Fixed enemies seeing death notices when you backstab their team mates with Your Eternal Reward.

Cool.

So wait, that was a bug?
yeah, the corpse is supposed to insta-disappear and noone on the other team can see that you killed them. Except if they use voicechat with alltalk on, obviously.
[/quote]

Or vent/mumble, completely negating the silent kill except for very specific situations. I do like the lack of kill icon now though, that's pretty cash.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Hobospartan - 01-19-2011

Team Fortress 2
Updated several models with optimizations and new LODs.
Updated the default TF2 crosshairs to use the RGB and scale settings in the Options->Multiplayer dialog like custom crosshairs do.
Added a glow effect to the team intelligence entities when they’re not being carried.
Added a timer to indicate how much time is left before the gate closes in DeGroot Keep.
Added a new plate model to be used when a Heavy throws the Buffalo Steak Sandvich to heal teammates.
Added a note in the trading dialog to let you know when your trading partner is typing.
Added a new Valve map CP_5Gorge.
Fixed the Mad Milk effect not being washed off when a player goes underwater.
Fixed being able to attack teammates using pumpkin bombs and arrows fired by the Huntsman or the Crusader's Crossbow.
Fixed switching to the melee weapon instead of using the lastweapon setting after drinking Crit-a-Cola.
Fixed not seeing the critboost effect on the Scout's Shortstop.
Fixed the Sniper Rifle and SMG view models having Red skins while on the Blue team.
Fixed the Engineer PDA view models (build/destroy) having Red skins while on the Blue team.
Fixed the mini-sentry HUD not playing the alert sound when the sentry is sapped or low on ammo.
Updated the community map CP_Yukon.
Central CP moved up to bridge.
Bridge widened.
Several sticky exploits patched.
Flat bridge added onto CP1's pipes.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 01-19-2011

Ya know, I got home today and saw like 4 games patching and was like, well, at least TF2 isnt being patched...AGAIN...than I was all Sad

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 01-20-2011

(01-19-2011, 05:51 PM)Hobospartan link Wrote: Updated several models with optimizations and new LODs.

Best

Update

EVER!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - at0m - 01-20-2011

(01-20-2011, 02:04 AM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Hobospartan link=topic=206.msg192897#msg192897 date=1295477511]

Best

Update

EVER!
[/quote]I honestly don't even know what that note means

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 01-20-2011

(01-20-2011, 10:07 AM)CUBA LIBRE link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=206.msg192945#msg192945 date=1295507056]
[quote author=Hobospartan link=topic=206.msg192897#msg192897 date=1295477511]
Best Update EVER!
[/quote]I honestly don't even know what that note means
[/quote]
Short answer, your game runs better.

Long answer, they included Level of Detail models which are models the weapons are swapped out for as you walk away from them. Basically, before this update, if you and a spy holding an ambassador stood on opposing balconies on 2fort, the gun he's holding would make up more than 85% of the spy's total polygons. Reason being was because you were rendering the gun at the same detail that far away than if you were to stand right next to him.