Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - k0ala - 02-13-2011

Couldn't get onto Red when the map was 5gorge, it said my version differs from the server's and kicked me.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 02-13-2011

(02-13-2011, 08:48 PM)k0ala link Wrote: Couldn't get onto Red when the map was 5gorge, it said my version differs from the server's and kicked me.

Scan your files, if there was an update the server will auto-restart

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [SiN] Merc - 02-13-2011

(02-11-2011, 04:34 PM)backfire link Wrote: Also, is the voice command cooldown off now or something? I just noticed I'm able to spam calling my teammates spies without the cooldown going into effect.

Let this be true. If so, POOTIS heavy rides again!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - BS1 - 02-20-2011

Oh. My. GOD. So here I am looking at my server browser because I might start playing Team Fortress 2 again, and I see that Blue is a Vanilla server now. I think I might hop on tonight if people are on. Big Grin

Why am I thinking about playing Team Fortress 2 again? Because I'm sick of all the horrible Bad Company 2 servers I've been playing on. (I got punished for 'base camping' two people who jet ski'd their way over to our base today...) That, and I haven't found a game that I've enjoyed as much as Team Fortress 2 gameplay wise. Seeing a vanilla server is cool, I mainly stopped playing because of all the shit Valve has added to Team Fortress 2.

Edit: Ah, I see stats were reset. Does that mean I can get my golden kukri? Big Grin

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 02-20-2011

(02-20-2011, 02:18 PM)BS1 link Wrote: Oh. My. GOD. So here I am looking at my server browser because I might start playing Team Fortress 2 again, and I see that Blue is a Vanilla server now. I think I might hop on tonight if people are on. Big Grin
[Image: brofist.jpg]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - BS1 - 02-20-2011

Seems as though I'm too late. I don't know anyone in the server right now, and it looks like everyone else is in a Highlander match. Oh well.  :-\

Edit: Joined a server my friend was on and didn't do too bad for being away for 4+ months. I got 20 kills and 15 deaths. Big Grin

Edit 2: Ehhhh, I'm not sure if I'm going to be sticking around. Team Fortress 2 just keeps getting worse. I facepalmed tonight seeing some of the new weapons. There is always the vanilla server, so I may go to that if it ever has people in it.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - BS1 - 02-23-2011

Couple people got onto Blue tonight, it was pretty fun. Hopefully we can get some more games going, I enjoyed it. More regulars would be good, didn't notice a few of the players tonight. (And to be honest, they weren't the best of players.)

Also: Am I wrong to think of this thread as a 'post random TF2 thoughts' type of thread?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Gasman - 02-24-2011

Due to semi-popular demand, here's a script I found that lets you do sharp turns and 360's with the targe charge.

alias rebind "bind a +right; bind d +left"
alias de_rebind "bind a +moveleft; bind d +moveright;"
alias atk "+attack2; rebind"
alias de_atk "-attack2; de_rebind"
alias +change "cl_yawspeed -500; atk"
alias -change "cl_yawspeed 210; de_atk; -left; -right"

alias c_toggle ct_1
alias ct_1 "alias c_toggle ct_2; play HL1/fvox/boop.wav; bind mouse2 +change";"
alias ct_2 "alias c_toggle ct_1; bind mouse2 +attack2;"
bind shift c_toggle
bind mouse2 "+attack2"

To keep it from messing up your other class configs, you'll have to add 'unbind shift' to the other configs.

Original thread here

Personally it's fun but still has the flaws of the targe.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Moosendoo - 02-24-2011

Team Fortress 2
Added three new community maps:
Koth_Lakeside
PL_Frontier
PLR_Nightfall

Frontier Big Grin

(edit)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Live-Free-Or-Pie - 02-24-2011

(02-24-2011, 08:06 PM)Moosendoo link Wrote: Team Fortress 2
Added three new community maps:
Koth_Lakeside
PL_Frontier
PLR_Nightfall

Frontier Big Grin

(edit)

Little Chew Chew approves

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 02-24-2011

Had a fun time on that in blue. Between the newbies swarming to the "new" map and people not knowing how to not using a black box....

That was fun

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Live-Free-Or-Pie - 02-24-2011

[Image: I-liked-plfrontier-before-it-was-settled...ster-Kitty]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - BS1 - 02-26-2011

I played like two-three hours of Team Fortress 2 on RED last night. :o

I would have stayed longer, but the tele-tag thing didn't interest me.

Also: Position 100 already. Oh ho ho ho ho, I'm gunna catch up to you guys again if I keep playing.

Edit: Got my golden Kukri. Big Grin

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [fr31ns]Karrde - 02-26-2011

Frontier is now stock?!  IS GOOD IDEA, HA!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - BS1 - 02-27-2011

This is what happens when you people have Highlander matches. Sad

[Image: 0A0B8B48670ABE11A5DF5ABEECB9E3B32EDAFDF2]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Gasman - 03-01-2011

The Sun on a Stick and Sharpened Volcano Fragment can be crafted now. The recipes for each are as follows:

Sun on a Stick: Boston Basher+3 reclaimed

Sharpened Volcano Fragment: Degreaser+Powerjack+1 refined

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Negate - 03-02-2011

(03-01-2011, 08:20 PM)Gasman link Wrote: The Sun on a Stick and Sharpened Volcano Fragment can be crafted now. The recipes for each are as follows:

Valve can suck my dick these recipes are ridiculous.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Chief - 03-02-2011

(03-02-2011, 10:15 AM)negate link Wrote: [quote author=Gasman link=topic=206.msg198116#msg198116 date=1299028833]
The Sun on a Stick and Sharpened Volcano Fragment can be crafted now. The recipes for each are as follows:

Valve can suck my dick these recipes are ridiculous.
[/quote]3 degreasers for trade, come get em

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Moosendoo - 03-09-2011

(TF2 BETA update)

Among a few other things...

Quote:-Added Replay system that allows you to edit and publish movies of your play experiences (full Mac support in the next few days)

"Generally the beta is the place where we do design testing, so the game itself is fairly stable. But today we’re releasing a large update specifically for the purpose of stability testing. In particular, we’re testing out our new Replay system, which has been in the works for over a year. As a result, a large amount of code has changed. We wanted to ship it to the beta first, where we can get the bugs ironed out, before we move it out to the main TF2 branch. So please jump in and take a look – we’d love to hear feedback on the UI as well as any bugs you run into."

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 03-10-2011

(03-09-2011, 11:16 PM)Moosendoo link Wrote: (TF2 BETA update)

Among a few other things...

Quote:-Added Replay system that allows you to edit and publish movies of your play experiences (full Mac support in the next few days)

Made a quick video that I'm rendering right now. I accidentally rendered the wrong clip (the unedited/smoothed version) first, but from watching that, it's really nice. They give you an option for the quality of the rendering you want as well as the quality of the motion blur. It looked like something out of SFM