Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - zaneyard - 05-02-2009

lol, you happen to find those on the Steam Official World server along with a few level 56 medics?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 05-02-2009

(05-02-2009, 12:38 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: lol, you happen to find those on the Steam Official World server along with a few level 56 medics?

Ah, but not at all.

Check the bottom of the tf_english.txt located in the teamfortress2contenct.gcf under resources.

Yep, Valve's gunna make tf2 into a mumorpuger.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 05-02-2009

Great to see Valve still has a good sense of humor lol

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Surf314 - 05-02-2009

I'm starting to develop a theory that valve is using us to help in the development in a sort of valve version of PlanetSide.

In which case a reverse my opinion on this.  If it takes some bullshit to get a valve MMOFPS than bring it on.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 05-21-2009

Update News - Team Fortress 2
Latest Update: May 21, 2009
[-]May 21, 2009 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Maps

Added new map, Pipeline. Pipeline is the first map in a new game mode named payload race, which uses two carts in each map instead of only one like traditional payload maps

Added new arena map Sawmill

Added new arena map Nucleus

Added new community payload map Hoodoo

Sniper Changes

Added new sniper rifle replacement, The Huntsman. Instead of a sniper rifle, you have a bow that allows you to move around faster while firing, and fire more quickly than the sniper rifle. Works better at medium range than the standard rifle

Added new SMG replacement, Jarate. If thrown on an enemy they will take more damage for short period of time. Also extinguishes flames on yourself or allies

Added new SMG replacement, The Razorback. Will protect you against a single spy backstab, and stun the spy for a short period of time. Comes with a 15% move speed penalty for the wearer

Standard sniper rifle now shoots through friendly players

Added 54 new Sniper voice lines

Added 35 new Sniper achievements

Spy

Added new revolver replacement, The Ambassador. First shot is very accurate and will cause a critical hit if it hits an enemy's head. Accuracy is poor for a period after that

Added new watch replacement, the Dead Ringer. When armed, you will appear in all ways to die to the first damage you take from an enemy. You'll be cloaked for 8 second after taking this damage. Upon de-cloaking you'll make a loud, distinct sound
Added new watch replacement, the Cloak and Dagger. Your cloak meter is only depleted when you move, so you can stay invisible indefinitely if you're standing still

Spy name tags now show up properly when disguised as their own team

Fixed a bug that would cause spectators to see disguise weapons incorrectly

Fixed a bug where enemy spies disguised as friendly spies would have cigarettes that didn't burn

Fixed a bug where overhealing disguised spies would show the wrong overhealing amount to the medic

Made it more obvious on first person view model when your motion cloak is out of juice and you are partially visible

Also made it more obvious on first person view model when you're bumped while cloaked

Improved the way your disguise weapon is determined to make it clearer and fix a couple of rare issues

Spies disguised as enemy spies now get a random mask to help complete the disguise, and their target id will be set appropriately

Spies disguised as medics now have an Ubercharge: line in their disguise target info

Spies outward facing "disguise health" now matches their disguise target when they first apply the disguise

Spies can now pick up health kits for their "disguise health", even when uninjured

Disguise UI doesn't show up in minimum UI mode (hud_minmode)

Spies that disguise as a player using an unlockable now show that unlockable in hand

Spies can now use enemy teleporters

Added 70 new Spy voice lines

Added 34 new Spy achievements

Scoreboard changes

Dominations no longer get wiped when teams switch sides

Dead players draw slightly darker in scoreboard

Converted class labels to class icons

All players now display the total number of people they are dominating

General

Fixed a bug that would cause the scout's ball to regenerate at inappropriate times

Demomen can now detonate their stickies while taunting

Flamethrower's air burst now extinguishes fire on friendly targets

Grenades and rockets deflected by a pyro under the effects of Kritzkrieg will now be criticals

The Heavy and Sniper now have new custom death animations

Fixed payload HUD not updating properly if you join in the middle of a match and the cart isn't moving

Engineer's dispensers now give 20%, 30%, or 40% of player's max_ammo (for each ammo type) on each use, based on the level of the dispenser

Added -sillygibs commandline parameter which will allow the non-violent gibs to be enabled

Added a new taunt for the Kritzkrieg, which also heals for 10 points

Improved the deathcam camera handling used when a player plays a custom death animation

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Surf314 - 05-21-2009

LOL spies can now use enemy teleporters!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 05-21-2009

"Spies disguised as enemy spies now get a random mask to help complete the disguise, and their target id will be set appropriately

Spies disguised as medics now have an Ubercharge: line in their disguise target info

Spies outward facing "disguise health" now matches their disguise target when they first apply the disguise

Spies that disguise as a player using an unlockable now show that unlockable in hand

Spies can now use enemy teleporters"

Jesus, Huge buff for them here. No one is safe from suspicion now.

Also:

"Flamethrower's air burst now extinguishes fire on friendly targets"

Maybe I'm just being curmudgeonly, but I'm not real to sold on these changes. Probably should try them before I knock them though.

On the other hand:

"Added -sillygibs commandline parameter which will allow the non-violent gibs to be enabled"

Awesome  8)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - 3clipse - 05-21-2009

(05-21-2009, 07:47 PM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: Update News - Team Fortress 2
Latest Update: May 21, 2009
[-]May 21, 2009 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Demomen can now detonate their stickies while taunting
VALVE HEARD MY CRIES!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Spore - 05-21-2009

Added new SMG replacement, Jarate. If thrown on an enemy they will take more damage for short period of time. Also extinguishes flames on yourself or allies

Added new SMG replacement, The Razorback. Will protect you against a single spy backstab, and stun the spy for a short period of time. Comes with a 15% move speed penalty for the wearer

SMG REPLACEMENT FOR BOTH?! Typing error, right?

Edit: It says the same for the spy unlocks. Both things replace the watch. I guess you can't use em both for either class.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Blues - 05-21-2009

(05-21-2009, 07:59 PM)Spore link Wrote: Added new SMG replacement, Jarate. If thrown on an enemy they will take more damage for short period of time. Also extinguishes flames on yourself or allies

SMG REPLACEMENT FOR BOTH?! Typing error, right?

Edit: It says the same for the spy unlocks. Both things replace the watch. I guess you can't use em both for either class.
Well no shit sherlock to the spy watches.

Makes sense they wouldn't take away a close range weapon, and the razorback is pretty goddamn useless. Good to know they did that for the snipers.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Geoff - 05-21-2009

WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY MELEE WEAPONS.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Fail Medic - 05-21-2009

Get stuff through gameplay rather than achievements? 

Hot damn.  I support that shit.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - ZargonX - 05-21-2009

I'm curious how that will work.  I assume you get them from drops off other players, but at that rate, no one would have them to drop in the first place...

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Luca Shoal - 05-21-2009

Have fun. You butts ;-;

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Radio Raheem - 05-21-2009

achivements can unlock them too most likely

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Fail Medic - 05-21-2009

(05-21-2009, 09:09 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote: achivements can unlock them too most likely

That's fine, but I hope this will let me get those elusive scout unlocks.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kenny Strife - 05-22-2009

There aren't any milestone achievements.  I have 14 spy achievements, and I unlocked nothing.  I got the Ambassador while playing as a Scout, and the Huntsman and Razorback as a Pyro.  Not when I killed anyone, either.  Just walking around.  It appears to be completely random.  I've ever heard of spectators unlocking weapons. 

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Surf314 - 05-22-2009

Wait what?  How do you unlock now?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Spore - 05-22-2009

(05-22-2009, 05:55 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: Wait what?  How do you unlock now?

Dick around until you get them. Valve should just have them automatically unlocked.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Surf314 - 05-22-2009

(05-22-2009, 06:31 AM)Spore link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=206.msg85111#msg85111 date=1242989747]
Wait what?  How do you unlock now?

Dick around until you get them. Valve should just have them automatically unlocked.
[/quote]

So it's not even that you pick them up from dropped corpses ala S&I?  That is kinda laym.