Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 06-08-2011

(06-08-2011, 05:56 PM)sk8mystery23 link Wrote: Exploding doves on random maps. Oh lord.

Oh goodness. Have a look here.

Well, here we begin the journey to the reveal of Meet the Medic. Better be epic and over 10 minutes.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [SiN] Merc - 06-08-2011

(06-08-2011, 05:56 PM)sk8mystery23 link Wrote: Exploding doves on random maps. Oh lord.

Oh goodness. Have a look here.

The Trashman - The surfin bird

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 06-14-2011

NEW PATCH, JUST RELEASED!

Quote:Jason Ruymen to Half-Life, Half-Life, hlds_announce
show details 7:29 PM (6 minutes ago)
Required updates for Team Fortress 2 are now available.  The specific changes include:

- Added the Spiral Knights promotional hat
- Updated The Superfan, The Essential Accessories, and The Hero's Hachimaki so they can be painted
- Updated The Conjurer's Cowl and The Maul so they can be crafted and traded

Jason

Imagine that, a new fucking promo hat and no bugfixes.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 06-14-2011

(06-14-2011, 06:36 PM)Kirby, the FaNspyPyro link Wrote:
Quote:- Updated The Superfan, The Essential Accessories, and The Hero's Hachimaki so they can be painted

Used that can of Team Spirit on those socks the moment I heard the news.

Then caff mentioned using hot pink which he had a spare can of.

I regret my hasty decision. Sad

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - k0ala - 06-14-2011

(06-14-2011, 06:36 PM)Kirby, the FaNspyPyro link Wrote: Imagine that, a new fucking promo hat and no bugfixes.
word!
>Sad  >Sad  >Sad

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 06-14-2011

(06-14-2011, 09:31 PM)k0ala link Wrote: [quote author=Kirby, the FaNspyPyro link=topic=206.msg210279#msg210279 date=1308094586]
Imagine that, a new fucking promo hat and no bugfixes.
word!
>Sad  >Sad  >Sad
[/quote]

There's already 8 replies in the HLDS mailer bashing Valve for lack of fixes.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 06-15-2011

Gee I wonder why I lost interest in tf2

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 06-15-2011

Of course, just the scout with the socks actually really likes this update. I'm perfectly fine with it, and the new hat looks pretty good. It's even for a game you can play for free.

So yea, I'm cool with it.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 06-15-2011

oh man paintable socks

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Reevesith - 06-15-2011

Hot pink socks? Hot damn!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 06-15-2011

UHIDNSFJINIFNINI

Quote:Required updates for Team Fortress 2 are now available.  The specific changes include:

- Fixed some server replay publishing bugs
- Added a new ConVar "replay_fileserver_offload_aborttime"
  - Any replay publishing thread that takes longer than replay_fileserver_offload_aborttime seconds will be killed

Jason

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - k0ala - 06-16-2011

So is that a "good news" keyboard faceplant or a "bad news" keyboard faceplant? Fuck, I can't tell.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - TOH - 06-16-2011

(06-16-2011, 03:35 PM)k0ala link Wrote: So is that a "good news" keyboard faceplant or a "bad news" keyboard faceplant? Fuck, I can't tell.

(06-15-2011, 06:55 PM)Kirby, the FaNspyPyro link Wrote: UHIDNSFJINIFNINI

Well it's not red with anger or desire for blood...but it's not a happy color, either.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 06-17-2011

That was a spam of excitement.

You see, quite predictably, about 10 minutes until a mapchange, the replay function starts to upload corrupted data to my server, which is why so many replays seem to fail at times.

An annoyance to you guys who might miss a good replay, but here's what happens as far as I'm concerned.

If the TF2 client (you) receives one of these bad data chunks, it simplys requests it again, 10 seconds later. It will keep doing this, indefinitely, forever. Even after you close TF2 (and in some cases, delete the failed replay from your client) - the game will still try to download that file every whenever it's open. Not so bad for one player, or one replay. Multiply that by maybe 10 bad replays for our 50 or so people who play regularly, and then you start getting some serious spam in your apache log files.

Even better is when the TF2 client is told by the webserver that the file it's trying to get doesn't even exist anymore, it ignores it and still plods on, trying to download it, so now there's double the spam in my logs, once in the access logs, and another in the error logs.

On average, I get about 250,000 - 350,000 hits on the server a month in the replays folder, and about 75% of them are from the same 50 people requesting the same files over and over and over. I even got really sarcastic at one point and made some fake files that were 50MB each, (normally the files are a max of 250KB) and the TF2 client dutifully downloaded the entire thing.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 06-17-2011

(06-17-2011, 09:16 AM)Kirby, the FaNspyPyro link Wrote: That was a spam of excitement.

You see, quite predictably, about 10 minutes until a mapchange, the replay function starts to upload corrupted data to my server, which is why so many replays seem to fail at times.

An annoyance to you guys who might miss a good replay, but here's what happens as far as I'm concerned.

If the TF2 client (you) receives one of these bad data chunks, it simplys requests it again, 10 seconds later. It will keep doing this, indefinitely, forever. Even after you close TF2 (and in some cases, delete the failed replay from your client) - the game will still try to download that file every whenever it's open. Not so bad for one player, or one replay. Multiply that by maybe 10 bad replays for our 50 or so people who play regularly, and then you start getting some serious spam in your apache log files.

Even better is when the TF2 client is told by the webserver that the file it's trying to get doesn't even exist anymore, it ignores it and still plods on, trying to download it, so now there's double the spam in my logs, once in the access logs, and another in the error logs.

On average, I get about 250,000 - 350,000 hits on the server a month in the replays folder, and about 75% of them are from the same 50 people requesting the same files over and over and over. I even got really sarcastic at one point and made some fake files that were 50MB each, (normally the files are a max of 250KB) and the TF2 client dutifully downloaded the entire thing.

you guys should really try installing the TF2 beta, I hear it's much better than the alpha  /s

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - k0ala - 06-17-2011

Bugfixes? In my TF2?
come back Robin, all is forgiven

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 06-17-2011

The replay 'fixes' caused servers to crash on mapchanges and shit.

NEW UPDATE.

Fixed a server crash caused by the replay system
Fixed a server crash caused by disguising spies
Fixed a server crash on startup caused by writing to the console
Fixed a server crash triggered during entity cleanup

The nerds here will appreciate the irony of #3

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - sk8mystery23 - 06-17-2011

(06-17-2011, 03:53 PM)Kirby, the FaNspyPyro link Wrote: The replay 'fixes' caused servers to crash on mapchanges and shit.

NEW UPDATE.

Fixed a server crash caused by the replay system
Fixed a server crash caused by disguising spies
Fixed a server crash on startup caused by writing to the console
Fixed a server crash triggered during entity cleanup

The nerds here will appreciate the irony of #3

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/June_17,_2011_Patch

That undocumented change.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - TOH - 06-20-2011

http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/

Could be very interesting.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Vongore - 06-20-2011