Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - TOH - 06-23-2011

http://i.imgur.com/etfqz.jpg

Preview icon on the right. I thought it was intentional and that you can paint items red when you're on BLU and blue when you're on RED, but check the shop and the other icons for the new Team Spirit variants and you'll see they goofed it up on ALL the new ones. Nice.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - shoopfox - 06-23-2011

The new minigun's cone of fire is so, so wide ;_;

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wyrmidon - 06-23-2011

(06-23-2011, 09:32 PM)Vongore link Wrote: I can say, without a doubt, everybody on this community got TF2 for free with the Orange Box, so this doesn't really changes anything.

I come to prove you wrong. I have never played a Half-life game, nor owned it. Though I got more than my money's worth from TF2 so I can't complain.

(agree with your other points though)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Badgerman of DOOM - 06-23-2011

(06-23-2011, 09:45 PM)backfire link Wrote: I've been trying to connect to steam ever since I restarted it to start the update...

S'been about a half-hour now...

lern2siberia

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wrath Of Sandvich - 06-23-2011

I used money I got for doing well this year in school to get the heavy's mafia items.

The Tomislav needs a nerf, but oh god, it's fun.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - kaese - 06-23-2011

I think this update broke my TF2. I can't access any of my items, trade, or craft.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - at0m - 06-24-2011

Is that bust a melee replacement? As in, nomelee4u if you use it?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wrath Of Sandvich - 06-24-2011

(06-24-2011, 12:00 AM)at0m link Wrote: Is that bust a melee replacement? As in, nomelee4u if you use it?

It's a melee weapon. I got beat to death with it. I lol'd.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Geoff - 06-24-2011

im actually gonna play this game now wreck free player baddies all day

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 06-24-2011

So, so far I crafted the atomizer and soda popper. Atomizer's third jump actually hurts you for 10 damage. According to valve, we're all masochists. Still need to mess around more with the soda popper though since I only got a few minutes with it before loadout went down again.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Vandamguy - 06-24-2011

interesting that they moved to F2P now.
although with the store in place, it prob makes more money than the 5 - 20 bucks they charge for the game.
it was such a slow transition i never thought it would come.
sneaky valve.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came%E2%80%A6

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - K2 - 06-24-2011

The new rocket launcher, soldier shotgun, and spy pistol are all fucking awesome. That is all.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - k0ala - 06-24-2011

Well, I sure hope SOMEBODY gets to craft something tonight. Game starts but can't get to the server.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Chief - 06-24-2011

predicting a nerf to:

tomislav (its a minigun without spinup, fucking op as shit)
enforcer (need to reduce the amount of ammo it holds for it to be not op)
demoknight items (lol charging, charging, charging...)
disciplinary action (it should do like, no damage to compensate adding on that movement speed bonus. making heavy even more faster than he should be)

fuckin valve, breakin the game

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Didzo - 06-24-2011

The Pocket Medic.

It is a dream come true. I must have it.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 06-24-2011

Alright, crafted me a winger. Was about to craft a detonator, but loadout went down.

Point is, I got all 3 of scout's new weapons. I'm goin to bed a happy scoot.

Edit
Okay, noticed something was fishy, so I did some tests. The Popper has some sort of damage reduction, only doing a maximum of 89 point blank instead of the 100-110. Hoping this is a glitch, since that kind of damage reduction makes this thing really pointless.

Double Edit
Since the winger is virtually useless (only marginally better than the pistol, but dps falls dramatically after the first reload) I tried a loadout with my normal scattergun, luger, and the atomizer.

Though I'm disapointed in the other two, this bat earned a special place in my heart. A place where I can disorient anyone and flank through any route. Good times shall be had between the two of us, yes indeed.

(06-24-2011, 03:01 AM)Didzo link Wrote: The Pocket Medic.

It is a dream come true. I must have it.
SO CONFUSED I DONT SEE AN ITEM BY THIS NAME

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Grimthwacker - 06-24-2011

OH GOD MEET THE MEDIC IS THE THING OF NIGHTMARES.  Robin Atkin Downes cements his status as the most awesomely hammy sonuvabitch voice actor around today.

Also, TF2 Free-to-play?  Was totally not expecting that.  We'll see how this goes, but the fact the game has been this successful for this many years tells me not much is going to be in danger with the change.

(06-24-2011, 07:39 AM)Grimthwacker link Wrote: OH GOD MEET THE MEDIC IS THE THING OF NIGHTMARES.  Robin Atkin Downes cements his status as the most awesomely hammy sonuvabitch voice actor around today.

Also, TF2 Free-to-play?  Was totally not expecting that.  We'll see how this goes, but the fact the game has been this successful for this many years tells me not much is going to be in danger with the change.
That's because, in a strictly business sense, it's shown that the microtransaction model is significantly more profitable than the older buy-to-play model.

translation: HATSHATSHATSHATSHATSHATSHATS

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - kaese - 06-24-2011

I crafted the Quick-Fix, the Overdose, and the soldier's whip (just for fun, and oh, it's really fun chasing around my teammates and hitting them with a whip) at 4am today.

The faster ubercharge rate of the Q-F is so wunderbar. The pack looks really funny though, it's this weird bright orange/brownish mixture of colors. Frankly, I think it's kind of ugly (and I had a "it doesn't look like the one on the box" reactions when I first saw it in-game) and I hope it gets fixed eventually.

The Overdose is ok. I couldn't tell if my speed was increased because of the Q-F effect or from the OD; it was nice either way to be able to run a bit faster.

Now, if someone wants to trade me 6 more Jarates, I can craft the bust of Hippocrates.  It rhymes! Big Grin