Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 05-22-2009

(05-22-2009, 06:31 AM)Spore link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=206.msg85111#msg85111 date=1242989747]
Wait what?  How do you unlock now?

Dick around until you get them. Valve should just have them automatically unlocked.
[/quote]

Valve just broke the game (again)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Badgerman of DOOM - 05-22-2009

If you can get it via walking, here's what to do. There's this map that I have to allow one to get Race for the Pennant easily, it's one long corridor that teleports you back to the start when you reach the end. Just use the +forward command in console. Would anyone like for me to upload it to my Box for you guys to use it?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - zaneyard - 05-22-2009

I think every single update that valve puts out, everyone is gonna rage like there's no tomorrow. but then you get over it like always
just think of the positives:
you'll get over it
valve is amazing
THE UPDATE WAS FREE
if there really is something so horribad as the 50 health BB, it will get fixed

(05-22-2009, 09:55 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: I think every single update that valve puts out, everyone is gonna rage like there's no tomorrow. but then you get over it like always
just think of the positives:
you'll get over it
valve is amazing
THE UPDATE WAS FREE
if there really is something so horribad as the 50 health BB, it will get fixed

No, its not the weapons that people are raging over, its that basically they just took away everything you previously unlocked, made it all 100% random if you are going to get your things back.

And to top it off they broke some other things game-wise as well, like sourcemod, beatlesmod, and some people have been crashing when they backstab a spy as a spy

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - zaneyard - 05-22-2009

its day one of any update that screws shit up though
they never took away any of my previously unlocked items

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 05-22-2009

i have 3 backburners... fucking thing SUCKS

Bill O'Reilly Flips Out

edit: it's cool that the free-weekenders that buy the game will not be able to unlock new items now, really

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [fr31ns]Karrde - 05-22-2009

Ironically, I now have several copies of the sandman Tongue

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Eris - 05-22-2009

i didn't lose all my weapons, they are still there : >, i only have the razorback  of the new weapons and i got it while being dead :>

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Surf314 - 05-22-2009

Quote:Karrde link=topic=206.msg85149#msg85149 date=1243009299]

I can has  one?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wedge - 05-22-2009

(05-22-2009, 10:51 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: edit: it's cool that the free-weekenders that buy the game will not be able to unlock new items now, really

Actually that's probably why they did this, as people new to the game would have fuck all chance of getting anything from achievements, and when they got any item it would be new to them (and you WILL get something if you play for any amount of time).  I don't think what they are doing is the best idea, but to say it's worse than getting things by achievements, especially for new players is just fucking stupid.  If you've ever talked to people who HAVEN'T played the game, the achievement unlocks are one of their first complaints.

(05-22-2009, 12:02 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=[fr31ns]Karrde link=topic=206.msg85149#msg85149 date=1243009299]

I can has  one?
[/quote]

If you can figure out how I can do it Tongue

(05-22-2009, 12:06 PM)Wedge link Wrote: (and you WILL get something if you play for any amount of time)

People are just idling in spec in servers now to get their shit back

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wedge - 05-22-2009

(05-22-2009, 12:19 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=206.msg85159#msg85159 date=1243012002]
(and you WILL get something if you play for any amount of time)

People are just idling in spec in servers now to get their shit back
[/quote]

Yeah wtf is this?  Did some people LOSE all their unlocks with the update?  That's pretty fucked up.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kenny Strife - 05-22-2009

On the Steam forums, they said that nobody lost anything, it was just that the Steam servers were down because of the traffic from the update.  I know that once Steam came back up, I had my stuff again.  I can't speak for anyone else, though.

I still have all my stuff.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - chickadee - 05-22-2009

there are people idling in servers all night while they sleep and getting an unlock they already have, or nothing at all.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 05-22-2009

Quote:We also think we have bugs in the system as well, since we’re seeing some players not finding any items after a few hours of play, which is not at all how it’s tuned. We want unlockable drops to be a pretty regular occurrence for players, with the cosmetic hats being the rare finds.

Just give it a few Valve-Hours and everything should be fine.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - fyre - 05-22-2009

Blog post is up. Apparently you're gonna be able to trade weapons at some point.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 05-26-2009

- The Ambassador now does full critical hits on headshots, instead of mini crits
- The Cloak & Dagger now fully drains the cloak meter, even if the Spy leaves cloak early
- Fixed Spy disguise menu not being visible in HUD minimal mode
- Server log improvements:
          - Added "player_extinguish" event for servers to log when a Pyro extinguishes flame with the airburst
          - Fixed kill descriptions for Force-A-Nature & Sandman, so server logs can distinguish them
          - Identified feign deaths in the events sent to server logs
- Fixed server crash related to the Jarate

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - 3clipse - 05-26-2009

Edit: Ninja'd