Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 06-27-2011

(06-27-2011, 07:57 AM)Grimthwacker link Wrote: Got the Detonator as a random reward yesterday (along with the Jumper's Jeepcap, my first random hat!  Yay!), and I think it's a nice replacement to the Flare Gun; no downsides that I can see other than the detonation trigger apparently being very finicky.  Sometimes it works fine, others I keep pushing the alt-fire button and nothing happens.  Anybody else having this problem?

The downgrade is it only mini-crits on burning targets as opposed to full crits.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 06-27-2011

(06-27-2011, 03:02 AM)Vongore link Wrote: It took an admin like 10 minutes to arrive (Versus was the only one available) enough for 2 players to blacklist the server.

Problem is that the hackers weren't the only ones, 4 or 5 other guys were just trolling, audiospamming, throwing racist claims, shouting on the mic, etc..

And it was Sunday at 1AM.

Also if you are going to blacklist a server for not having an admin around 24/7, get ready to blacklist pretty much every server

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 06-27-2011

(06-26-2011, 06:49 PM)Moosendoo link Wrote: Is it just me or is blue server really laggy? I get fine ping but it still feels really laggy.  I only ask because it's actually been populated (with randoms) these last copule of days.

This is the difference that proper hardware and not stuffing 500000000 server instances on a 333MHz Celeron, this is what I was crying about so vocally to the point of pissing people off. I knew what to look for, hence I noticed it. Now you're noticing.

Yes unfortunately NFO has a few servers that get DDoS'ed pretty often, that's the downside to being on the same host as a lot of very popular 24/7 full servers. They're popular because they don't lag like shit, btw.

(06-27-2011, 02:04 AM)Wyrmidon link Wrote: So it's begun.  Some idiot announce that he  was tired of playing legit, and that'd he'd be back on an alt. came back and used speed hacks, which got some other idiot thinking he was free to do the same, and speed hacked.

I'd grin and thump my chest here, but I had no doubt it would happen quickly.

I'll whip up a plugin some time soon that will give people an easy method of summoning an admin if the ones on your friends list aren't online.

In the mean time, type !admin in chat if someone is being a fucktard. I leave HLSW open 24/7 (Hi darkchief) now that I've got rcon to red, it's normally fullscreen'd on my laptop's 2nd monitor when I'm home, I'll see your cries for help regardless of if I'm signed into Steam or not.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 06-27-2011

(06-27-2011, 09:11 AM)Kirby, the FaNspyPyro link Wrote: In the mean time, type !admin in chat if someone is being a fucktard. I leave HLSW open 24/7 (Hi darkchief) now that I've got rcon to red, it's normally fullscreen'd on my laptop's 2nd monitor when I'm home, I'll see your cries for help regardless of if I'm signed into Steam or not.

I also have HLSW on my laptop, but then again I'm usually on steam at that moment as well...

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - at0m - 06-27-2011

This just makes me want to rewrite Sentinel for Source even more. NEED MOAR FREE TIME. Also, have to re-pirateacquire mIRC so I can rewrite the TCP & UDP libraries we wrote in it to work with source's RCON protocol vs HL1's RCON protocol. I'm pretty sure they're similar, but probably different enough that it won't just work out of the box.

Kirby, HeK, I'm going to start my own thread for discussion of this because I may need some of your expertise.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wyrmidon - 06-27-2011

(06-27-2011, 05:54 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Vongore link=topic=206.msg212224#msg212224 date=1309161768]
It took an admin like 10 minutes to arrive (Versus was the only one available) enough for 2 players to blacklist the server.

Problem is that the hackers weren't the only ones, 4 or 5 other guys were just trolling, audiospamming, throwing racist claims, shouting on the mic, etc..

Loqutus is usually up  late too, just poke around if you need someone
[/quote]

I did, message admins. I'm just saying that there will probably be an increase in problems for a few weeks, which I'm sure everyone knows already.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Chief - 06-27-2011

(06-27-2011, 09:11 AM)Kirby, the FaNspyPyro link Wrote: In the mean time, type !admin in chat if someone is being a fucktard. I leave HLSW open 24/7 (Hi darkchief) now that I've got rcon to red, it's normally fullscreen'd on my laptop's 2nd monitor when I'm home, I'll see your cries for help regardless of if I'm signed into Steam or not.
hi kirby
be on steam more often you dick

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 06-27-2011

(06-27-2011, 02:08 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: [quote author=Kirby, the FaNspyPyro link=topic=206.msg212234#msg212234 date=1309183918]
In the mean time, type !admin in chat if someone is being a fucktard. I leave HLSW open 24/7 (Hi darkchief) now that I've got rcon to red, it's normally fullscreen'd on my laptop's 2nd monitor when I'm home, I'll see your cries for help regardless of if I'm signed into Steam or not.
hi kirby
be on steam more often you dick
[/quote]

8)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - k0ala - 06-27-2011

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2Big GrinM)
- Reduced CPU usage for idle servers

Team Fortress 2
- Added the Splendid Screen, Ali Baba's Wee Booties, and the Mantreads to the whitelist for Medieval mode
- Added a server console message when a player is sent to the server via the matchmaking system
- Fixed the cl_gameserver_list output
- Fixed the Quick-Fix showing the fire overlay when running in DX8
- Fixed a problem with team paints not being displayed properly when playing
- Fixed a display problem with Hatless hats
- Fixed a problem that prevented the new Scout items from being used in crafting recipes
- Fixed a problem with clients seeing the incorrect vote options after changing servers
- Fixed the backpack image for the Schadenfreude not being disabled when using paint
- Updated the Planeswalker Goggles to not hide the Scout's hat/headset
- Updated the taunt items to be nameable
- Updated the localization files

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Chief - 06-28-2011

Quote:Team Fortress 2

Fixed a case where CritBoost effects were being removed from players being healed.
    Fixed a problem with Arena mode first blood CritBoost not removing itself at the correct time.
    Fixed a bug where Demomen kept their leftover charge amount when self-aborting charges (you'll still keep leftovers when stopped by enemy airblasts)
    Fixed the problem that was causing Strange Demoman shields to not accumulate kills.
    Fixed a bug where the Reserve Shooter would minicrit against swimming targets.
    Tomislav spin-up reduction has been reduced from 75% to 40% (so it now spins-up slower)
    Made the Jumper's Jeepcap and Pocket Medic craft-able.
    Updated the bot navigation files for several maps.
    Added an entry for "Call Vote" to the Options->Keyboard Settings, so you can bind a key to it.
    Updated the gamehaptics file:
    Added/Refined recoil/draw/crit/reload forces for all of the new weapons in the Uber Update.
    Refined all Rocket Launcher Forces recoil forces to feel more true to recoil animation.
    Tuned Brass Beast recoil to have less of an impact on your aiming reticle.

Undocumented Changes

Added the Summer Crate
YES

YES

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - shoopfox - 06-28-2011

Tomislav spin-up reduction has been reduced from 75% to 40% (so it now spins-up slower)

Well that was useful for like 3 days @_@

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Spore - 06-28-2011

[Image: crate_summer_large.png]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 06-29-2011

Oh man, what's inside that thing? I bet it's more drinks for the scout!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [SiN] Merc - 06-29-2011

(06-28-2011, 09:25 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote:
Quote:Team Fortress 2

Fixed a case where CritBoost effects were being removed from players being healed.
    Fixed a problem with Arena mode first blood CritBoost not removing itself at the correct time.
    Fixed a bug where Demomen kept their leftover charge amount when self-aborting charges (you'll still keep leftovers when stopped by enemy airblasts)
    Fixed the problem that was causing Strange Demoman shields to not accumulate kills.
    Fixed a bug where the Reserve Shooter would minicrit against swimming targets.
    Made the Jumper's Jeepcap and Pocket Medic craft-able.
    Updated the bot navigation files for several maps.
    Added an entry for "Call Vote" to the Options->Keyboard Settings, so you can bind a key to it.
    Updated the gamehaptics file:
    Added/Refined recoil/draw/crit/reload forces for all of the new weapons in the Uber Update.
    Refined all Rocket Launcher Forces recoil forces to feel more true to recoil animation.
    Tuned Brass Beast recoil to have less of an impact on your aiming reticle.

Undocumented Changes

Added the Summer Crate
YES

YES

Sad part is, I thought the charge wasn't a bug. I thought they were gonna make demoknight slightly stronger than Dan Hibikai. My bad, I suppose.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Dr. Zaius - 06-29-2011

The demoknight didn't need a nerf.

It needed a complete purge from the game.

Shitty broken nonsensical class.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [SiN] Merc - 06-29-2011

(06-29-2011, 02:19 AM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: The demoknight didn't need a nerf.

Some of us like being the only (super) soft counter in the game to solider.  8)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - AMCZombine - 06-29-2011

Quote: Merc link=topic=206.msg212605#msg212605 date=1309333353]
[quote author=Dr. Zaius link=topic=206.msg212604#msg212604 date=1309331977]
The demoknight didn't need a nerf.

Some of us like being the only (super) soft counter in the game to solider.  8)
[/quote]

Demo-knight is definitely not the only soft counter to soldier if he is one.

Pyros for example.

I kind of agree with zaus, as much fun as I have playing as one.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - AMCZombine - 06-29-2011

(06-27-2011, 08:37 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Vongore link=topic=206.msg212224#msg212224 date=1309161768]
It took an admin like 10 minutes to arrive (Versus was the only one available) enough for 2 players to blacklist the server.

Also if you are going to blacklist a server for not having an admin around 24/7, get ready to blacklist pretty much every server
[/quote]

5 or 6 guys got together and convinced a ton of people his speedhacking was donator privileges.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 06-29-2011

(06-29-2011, 05:03 AM)AMCZombine link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=206.msg212232#msg212232 date=1309181866]
[quote author=Vongore link=topic=206.msg212224#msg212224 date=1309161768]

[/quote]

5 or 6 guys got together and convinced a ton of people his speedhacking was donator privileges.

[/quote]
We don't need people that dumb on our server. Let natural selection run its course.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 06-29-2011

(06-29-2011, 10:27 AM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=AMCZombine link=topic=206.msg212608#msg212608 date=1309341805]
[quote author=Caffeine link=topic=206.msg212232#msg212232 date=1309181866]
[quote author=Vongore link=topic=206.msg212224#msg212224 date=1309161768]

[/quote]

[/quote]
We don't need people that dumb on our server. Let natural selection run its course.
[/quote]

That's nothing, on the CS:S GUngame server I used to run, I joined in to catch this:

Quote:Dude I gave you the money where's my admin you faggot

Reading the logs revealed that Idiot payed trollfaceguy $10 over PayPal for admin on the server. trollfaceguy convinced him that he was the owner of the server, despite not being able to demonstrate any admin abilities.

I lol'ed p.hard after that
I lol'ed p.hard