Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [SiN] Merc - 07-03-2011

(07-03-2011, 02:48 AM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=[SiN] Merc link=topic=206.msg213237#msg213237 date=1309678982]
[quote author=Karth link=topic=206.msg213236#msg213236 date=1309678459]
[quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=206.msg213235#msg213235 date=1309678414]
[quote author=Karth link=topic=206.msg213233#msg213233 date=1309678290]
Honestly want your guys opinions on this: Why do you still find TF2 fun?

Even when I try my hardest to just lay back and enjoy the game I find myself getting frustrated at all the weapons and additions that keep getting crammed into the game. Please just give me an explanation of why.

The people.
[/quote]
Is that all? Like, do you still enjoy the gameplay's core mechanics? Because I love playing with you guys, just not TF2.
[/quote]
It's still a case of rock paper scissors, and the core mechanic has always been like that. New items are just seasoning in a stew, designed to enhance the flavor.
[/quote]

[Image: patrickupset.jpg]
I guess I'm just different.
[/quote]
It's ok to be different, that's what made Crow so delightful in MST3K.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 07-03-2011

I think the best answer I've gotten so far (been asking around) is this:
Quote:It's called getting bored with a side of nostalgia

You're bored not because of new weapons but because it's the same game you've been playing for years, add to this a nostalgia factor of remembering how fun you used to have and there you have it, a recipe for disappointment

Basically what happens is, when you first get a game you obviously enjoy it a lot, then as you play and get used to it you start enjoying it less and less until one day you don't really enjoy it so you start looking back to how much fun it used to be and try to find reasons to why it's not anymore, and that reason is mainly because you've basically played the game to death.

I guess I'm going to something drastic then. I get very little enjoyment out of it, and I rarely play anyways. I think I'm going to delete tf2. I'd love to play games with you guys any other time, but TF2 just isn't for me anymore.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 07-03-2011

Nothing wrong with not playing the game.  I did that for almost a year, touching it only occasionally till the last update where I hopped back in.  You can burn yourself out on a game.  Especially one that's been around for years now.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Dr. Zaius - 07-03-2011

Yeah, I don't blame you Karf.

I burned myself out about 3 times while I was at university. Oh god I played so much tf2 and I'm never going to get that time back.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Moosendoo - 07-03-2011

I can't really explain it, but I NEVER get sick of this game.  I probably would've stopped playing years ago if I never started playing on brbu, but the core game itself is still very fun for me and I actually really enjoy all the constant additions and updates.  Sorry to hear that you don't enjoy it anymore Karth, but I hope you don't uninstall (unless you really need the space) -- at least stop by during TFT or FNF once in a while. Sad

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Eightball - 07-03-2011

(07-03-2011, 09:58 AM)Moosendoo link Wrote: I can't really explain it, but I NEVER get sick of this game.  I probably would've stopped playing years ago if I never started playing on brbu, but the core game itself is still very fun for me and I actually really enjoy all the constant additions and updates.  Sorry to hear that you don't enjoy it anymore Karth, but I hope you don't uninstall (unless you really need the space) -- at least stop by during TFT or FNF once in a while. Sad
Basically that. Never played a game as much as TF2; I've sunk 1000+ hours in the game whereas other games don't even get nearly half of that. Even though the game makes me rage a lot; getting gayed 24/7 by airblast pyros, backstabbers, camping heavies, charge-forward-shooting-at-the-ground soldiers, triple engie spam, pocket-medic pubstompers, and everything. I just keep coming back :\

EDIT: Oh, and demoknights. Definitely the demoknights. I swear every team has 3 of them now.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 07-03-2011

(07-03-2011, 11:15 AM)Eightball link Wrote: getting gayed 24/7 by airblast pyros

I hate getting gayed by stickyspam.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - AMCZombine - 07-03-2011

(07-02-2011, 10:25 AM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Grimthwacker link=topic=206.msg213140#msg213140 date=1309610108]
I've actually been finding the Winger to be a good backup for the stock Scattergun; the extra power allows you to quickly finish off any injured opponents in a pinch, especially if your scattergun runs dry.  Soda Popper & regular Pistol seem to be a good loadout thanks to the extra rounds you can fire with the mini-crit buff, at longer range.  For a game where people regularly complain about balance issues, there are plenty of creative ways to mix and match new weapons with stock ones for extra effectiveness without being too "OP".

You saw the graph 2 pages ago right? You can literally outdo the damage you do from the entire clip of a higher-attack winger with one extra pistol shot. It's literally no reason why anyone would use the winger rather than the pistol. Any thoughts you might get saying otherwise is just a placebo effect.
[/quote]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - AMCZombine - 07-03-2011

(07-03-2011, 11:15 AM)Eightball link Wrote: [quote author=Moosendoo link=topic=206.msg213248#msg213248 date=1309705086]
I can't really explain it, but I NEVER get sick of this game.  I probably would've stopped playing years ago if I never started playing on brbu, but the core game itself is still very fun for me and I actually really enjoy all the constant additions and updates.  Sorry to hear that you don't enjoy it anymore Karth, but I hope you don't uninstall (unless you really need the space) -- at least stop by during TFT or FNF once in a while. Sad
Basically that. Never played a game as much as TF2; I've sunk 1000+ hours in the game whereas other games don't even get nearly half of that. Even though the game makes me rage a lot; getting gayed 24/7 by airblast pyros, backstabbers, camping heavies, charge-forward-shooting-at-the-ground soldiers, triple engie spam, pocket-medic pubstompers, and everything. I just keep coming back :\

EDIT: Oh, and demoknights. Definitely the demoknights. I swear every team has 3 of them now.
[/quote]

Man why cant every class be the class I main?

Man that would be sweet we'd ALL be <class> and it wouldnt be any gay <classcounter> and it would come down to true SKILL you know the kind *I* practiced not the cheap easy non skill things that other people spend time practicing.

For real bro.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Luinbariel - 07-03-2011

I still enjoy the game, but I agree; if I hadn't started on brb.u I probably wouldn't have stayed as long as I have.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [SiN] Merc - 07-03-2011

(07-03-2011, 11:15 AM)Eightball link Wrote: [quote author=Moosendoo link=topic=206.msg213248#msg213248 date=1309705086]
I can't really explain it, but I NEVER get sick of this game.  I probably would've stopped playing years ago if I never started playing on brbu, but the core game itself is still very fun for me and I actually really enjoy all the constant additions and updates.  Sorry to hear that you don't enjoy it anymore Karth, but I hope you don't uninstall (unless you really need the space) -- at least stop by during TFT or FNF once in a while. Sad

[/quote]
And just think Eight: All that's really changed for the Demoknights is that they can jump and charge. Everything else that was added got taken back.  It's surprising they're not a rare breed again, I remember being one of the only ones that constantly played it. Sad

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Eightball - 07-03-2011

Quote: Merc link=topic=206.msg213269#msg213269 date=1309720061]
[quote author=Eightball link=topic=206.msg213250#msg213250 date=1309709754]
[quote author=Moosendoo link=topic=206.msg213248#msg213248 date=1309705086]

[/quote]
And just think Eight: All that's really changed for the Demoknights is that they can jump and charge. Everything else that was added got taken back.  It's surprising they're not a rare breed again, I remember being one of the only ones that constantly played it. Sad
[/quote]
Don't get me wrong, I do think it's a fun class to play and everything, and even with the new bonus health and free charge damage I wouldn't call it OP. I just lament that Demoman's unlocks turn him into a less utilitarian or versatile class (I guess that's the dichotomy I see between stock demo and demoknight; objectives vs. fragging, as I feel that demoknight is better for plain killing whereas stock demo is better for point clearing, sentry busting, etc). Also it happens quite often that I join a team, see n>1 demomen on the team, play a different class only to find that they're all using skullcutters or some nonsense. Also I'm a little behind on the patch notes, I'll have to look into that.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - LV15GAMER - 07-04-2011

(07-03-2011, 09:58 AM)Moosendoo link Wrote: I can't really explain it, but I NEVER get sick of this game.  I probably would've stopped playing years ago if I never started playing on brbu, but the core game itself is still very fun for me and I actually really enjoy all the constant additions and updates.  Sorry to hear that you don't enjoy it anymore Karth, but I hope you don't uninstall (unless you really need the space) -- at least stop by during TFT or FNF once in a while. Sad

Think I would have stopped playing tf2 if it wasn't for brbu and the free updates. I dont always agree or like the updates (still think razor back is stupid) but the variety added far outweighs the bad. This is a very dynamic game and no class is truly invincible (least not without team stacking) and even liquid or caff can be taken down by less skilled players through team work, class counters or just sheer dumb luck. Other than steam rolling due to team stacking, I don't think I've played two games where i knew exactly what was going to happen and that is what keeps me coming back.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 07-07-2011

Hey, lets talk about hats!

In anticipation of the day two miscs are allowed, I made this.

[Image: Jg5LO.jpg]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - AMCZombine - 07-07-2011

(07-04-2011, 02:32 AM)LV15GAMER link Wrote: [quote author=Moosendoo link=topic=206.msg213248#msg213248 date=1309705086] (still think razor back is stupid)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 07-07-2011

i'll trade razorback for dead ringer

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wyrmidon - 07-07-2011

Fixed a bug where Medics using the Quick-Fix could easily identify disguised Spies
Fixed a bug where healing a Scout while they change class in the spawn room would allow the Medic to keep the Scout speed
Fixed a bug with honorbound weapons allowing themselves to be holstered before getting a kill
Improved matchmaking logic
    Fixed a case where players were being matched to full servers
Updated the localization files
Updated Pl_Barnblitz
    Reduced Blue respawn time at cap 1
    Fixed cart not allowing overtime when it has to stop at the turn table
    Fixed players getting stuck in spawn doors when blue captures a point
    Fixed spawn doors staying open when points are captured
    Various clipping and exploit fixes

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 07-10-2011

This just in from one of Valve's coders:

Quote:We also read the suggestions for how our codebase could be improved and features implemented more simply.  Rest assured that those suggestions are being given all the attention they deserve

So that means they might finally fucking listen to the admins who actually give a damn and interact with them (To largely no result whatsoever for years and years) as to how running the server would be easier for them.

Yay!

Or they threw in the last 5 words so they can still be all like "lol fuck you"

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - AMCZombine - 07-11-2011

(07-07-2011, 06:00 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: i'll trade razorback for dead ringer

I wouldn't mind if they both went away.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - EarthlingJohn - 07-11-2011

Meet the med BEHIND THE SCENES on teamfortress channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/teamfortress#p/u/8/8a398ROtnqM