Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Moosendoo - 07-20-2011

(07-20-2011, 08:52 PM)Kirby, the FaNspyPyro link Wrote: Non reflectable projectiles.

Fuck you Valve.

They're seriously not even giving thought to these things anymore I don't think.

Just to clarify -- the Cow Mangler CAN be reflected, the Righteous Bison (pistol) can't.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [fr31ns]Karrde - 07-20-2011

Spam engi gear from range.  Rush.  Profit.  No ????

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 07-20-2011

Okay I also hear this thing lights people on fire. If that's true, then valve doesn't give a crap anymore.

Edit

Quote:A charged shot ignites nearby enemies when it explodes, as well as the player who shot it if it explodes close by. It can also ignite ally Sniper's Huntsman arrows.

Okay well screw it. No longer is the pyro the only class (and SHOULD be the only class) that can ignite people. Okay lets give the scout some molotovs, the sniper a lighter to light up his own arrows, and while we're at it, a flamethrower sentry for the engie. We already cross that solid line, MAY AS WELL KEEP GOING!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Moosendoo - 07-20-2011

(07-20-2011, 10:31 PM)backfire link Wrote: Okay I also hear this thing lights people on fire. If that's true, then valve doesn't give a crap anymore.

Yeah, the charged shot with the Cow Mangler sets people on fire.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 07-20-2011

Oh hi guys, is Team Fortress still good? I was thinking about not playing some more.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 07-20-2011

It's people like karth that keeps me playing regardless...

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Chief - 07-20-2011

lets show our hate for valve by being more angry

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Geoff - 07-21-2011

idk guys this gun looks like it owns

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Geoff - 07-21-2011

story confirmed this gun actually rapes it has 5 shots

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [SiN] Merc - 07-21-2011

(07-20-2011, 11:42 PM)backfire link Wrote: It's people like karth that keeps me playing regardless...

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 07-21-2011

I'll be waiting.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 07-21-2011

new RL owns why are people complaining

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - PyroZombie - 07-21-2011

(07-20-2011, 10:31 PM)backfire link Wrote: Okay I also hear this thing lights people on fire. If that's true, then valve doesn't give a crap anymore.

Edit

Quote:A charged shot ignites nearby enemies when it explodes, as well as the player who shot it if it explodes close by. It can also ignite ally Sniper's Huntsman arrows.

Okay well screw it. No longer is the pyro the only class (and SHOULD be the only class) that can ignite people. Okay lets give the scout some molotovs, the sniper a lighter to light up his own arrows, and while we're at it, a flamethrower sentry for the engie. We already cross that solid line, MAY AS WELL KEEP GOING!
well if they're going to make flame-necessary mini-crits for scout bats, then I'm okay with this awful awful rocket launcher igniting people.

Also Molotovs would be a nice little update for the the sniper, but it wouldn't be good for the scout because of that bat.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wrath Of Sandvich - 07-21-2011

Lazers in tf2. They take a game about balance and class countering, and give a character, not one but, two guns that shoot lazers. Fuck man. If Soldier gets lazers I want my sentry that shoots out Tiger Sharks, my flying heavy, and since we've jumped, stabbed, and set fire to the shark already, lets give the Medic a gun that shoots out chainsaws, that are on fire, that are rusy, and have kittens taped to them. Why not? Lazerguns are ok.

EDIT: Also, the kittens should be detached from the chainsaws, and somehow be the 10th class.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Grimthwacker - 07-21-2011

[Image: nerfnow543.png]

Suddenly this NerfNow!! comic from just last week isn't as funny any more.  :-\

I saw my brother in action against the offending arsenal a mere hour or so after the update took place; there were three or four people on the server who had the entire set, and melting faces (literally) with little to no trouble.  Negligible charge-up time?  Immolates targets along with the same power and splash of a stock Launcher rocket?  Penetrates and travels just as quickly as a Liberty Launcher or Direct Hit shot?  Yeah, it's just a tad ridiculous.

"Victory Set" indeed.  Victory is all but assured if you're carrying this kit.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Dtrain323i - 07-21-2011

Yes, lets give the soldier a weapon that one shots pyros. But lets make it so they can't reflect it.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wyrmidon - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 07:15 AM)Dtrain323i link Wrote: Yes, lets give the soldier a weapon that one shots pyros. But lets make it so they can't reflect it.

you can reflect projectiles from the cow mangler, just not the new pistol.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 07-21-2011

i doubt a mini-crit rocket with damage spread disabled is going to oneshot a pyro

(07-21-2011, 03:49 AM)Tsuruya link Wrote: They take a game about balance and class countering

lol

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Eightball - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 08:49 AM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: i doubt a mini-crit rocket with damage spread disabled is going to oneshot a pyro
Well we're talking 110 damage at point blank times 1.35, roughly 150 damage. With the fire on top of it, yeah it'll effectively one-hit medics, any scout, any engineer, snipers spies and some demomen.

Having just read about it, then connected to Red to find 6 soldiers per team spamming the gun, I'm a bit upset with it. All value arguments like the soldier not needing it aside, it's a monstrosity. The "cow mangler 3000"? What the fuck?

The most egregious part about all of it is the ridiculous amount of particle effects. Someone fully charges a shot and lands it near me and I can't fucking see anything.

Hey I'll see you guys when they give demomen lightsabers, spies ninpo magic, and the sniper a Barrett rifle.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Moosendoo - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 09:27 AM)Eightball link Wrote: I'll see you guys when they give demomen lightsabers

Do want.