Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 09:54 AM)Moosendoo link Wrote: [quote author=Eightball link=topic=206.msg215990#msg215990 date=1311258450]
I'll see you guys when they give demomen lightsabers

Do want.
[/quote]

SWTOR cross promotion

I'm gonna steer clear of TF2 outside of community nights until the nerf bat comes down on this, I somehow doubt its going to take more than a week or two.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Luinbariel - 07-21-2011

Make server pure, whining solved

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Vandamguy - 07-21-2011

Its like any f2p game now  . New content will always out class old content in order to justify the purchase
you might want to give up on tf2 now and save yourself the headache of trying to keep up

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - EarthlingJohn - 07-21-2011

Can we allow exceptions to the vanilla mod, so that all but these weapons are allowed?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - at0m - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 12:34 PM)EarthlingJohn link Wrote: Can we allow exceptions to the vanilla mod, so that all but these weapons are allowed?
Every time there's an update, people pull this shit.

Either be hardcore, and go vanilla, or just deal with it and play the game the same way everyone else does.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - k0ala - 07-21-2011

remember the "direct shit" nonsense? Everyone hated on DH and DH users? But now, with the passage of time, it's agreed upon that DH can be useful in certain situations (and with someone that can actually aim and lead moving targets).

EVERYONE is going to be a noob with the cow-mangler, by definition, for the next week.

So, uh, yeah, I made the weapons this morning. Not like I was ever using that Black Box anyway.

The charge shot is hella fun. I disintegrated a push in 5gorge with one charge shot from behind a corner. The opponents' screams were delicious.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - EarthlingJohn - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 12:52 PM)k0ala link Wrote: remember the "direct shit" nonsense? Everyone hated on DH and DH users? But now, with the passage of time, it's agreed upon that DH can be useful in certain situations (and with someone that can actually aim and lead moving targets).

EVERYONE is going to be a noob with the cow-mangler, by definition, for the next week.

So, uh, yeah, I made the weapons this morning. Not like I was ever using that Black Box anyway.

The charge shot is hella fun. I disintegrated a push in 5gorge with one charge shot from behind a corner. The opponents' screams were delicious.
I was and still am one of those guys that called bs on it. Give soldiers 140 damage rocket launcher with aiming being A requirement instead of an option? Fuck, valve, fuck.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Cloud_9ine - 07-21-2011

I dont see it to be downright terribad but what pisses me off is a new projectile type. Bullets, Arrows, Flaming Tampons, etc. Sure there was some variety, but they stayed in this ridiculous but lovable thing. Lazors are derp.

(07-21-2011, 12:35 PM)at0m link Wrote: [quote author=EarthlingJohn link=topic=206.msg216017#msg216017 date=1311269658]
Can we allow exceptions to the vanilla mod, so that all but these weapons are allowed?
Every time there's an update, people pull this shit.

Either be hardcore, and go vanilla, or just deal with it and play the game the same way everyone else does.
[/quote]

This, I stopped paying for a vanilla server...because no one used it. It will get a nerf batting and die down from there

(07-21-2011, 11:55 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote: Its like any f2p game now  . New content will always out class old content in order to justify the purchase
you might want to give up on tf2 now and save yourself the headache of trying to keep up

Actually a big part of all of the updates was that the vanilla base gear would still generally be the best loadout, with other items being a side grade that catered to a certain playstyle

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Dr. Zaius - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 11:55 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote: Its like any f2p game now  . New content will always out class old content in order to justify the purchase

I want to do this so bad.

But I'm fucking stupid, so I'm going to keep playing until I've made sure there's no more fun left in it.

My rage on this matter echoes 8ball and Caffs' statements.

Oh also to add to what Koala said, the DH did get a nerf, when it initially came out, any player whose feet were not touching solid ground got mini-crit, this was changed to 'Any player removed from solid ground by actions of another player'

Doesn't seem like much but damn did it make a difference.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Moosendoo - 07-21-2011

The Cow Mangler isn't that overpowered.  All it needs in order to be balanced is one less "rocket" and maybe a slightly longer charge time on the super-charge.  I hope they don't nerf it into the ground.  :-\

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Reevesith - 07-21-2011

Its feels like someone went to Valve & said "Hey Valve, I like zapping stuff & setting people on fire but I suck at pryo & spy, any help?" & Valve answered with promos & hats.. The same answer Valve uses when asked when their gonna fix bugs & glitches.

(07-21-2011, 03:19 PM)Moosendoo link Wrote: The Cow Mangler isn't that overpowered.  All it needs in order to be balanced is one less "rocket" and maybe a slightly longer charge time on the super-charge.  I hope they don't nerf it into the ground.  :-\

I haven't played with the thing yet, but "unreflectable" is a pretty egregious offense

(07-21-2011, 03:33 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: I haven't played with the thing yet, but "unreflectable" is a pretty egregious offense

It's reflectable (both the regular rockets and the supercharge).  It's the new pistol (shotgun replacement) that shoots unreflectable projectiles.

(07-21-2011, 03:36 PM)Moosendoo link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=206.msg216042#msg216042 date=1311280424]
I haven't played with the thing yet, but "unreflectable" is a pretty egregious offense

It's reflectable (both the regular rockets and the supercharge).  It's the new pistol (shotgun replacement) that shoots unreflectable projectiles.
[/quote]

Got the two mixed up then...is that the one that also disabled sentry guns?

(07-21-2011, 03:38 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: Got the two mixed up then...is that the one that also disabled sentry guns?
The Cow Mangler's (rocket launcher) charged fire disables the sentries.  (the charge is a right click that uses up all five charges and makes you move at about 1/3 speed while charging)

(07-21-2011, 03:40 PM)Moosendoo link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=206.msg216045#msg216045 date=1311280693]
Got the two mixed up then...is that the one that also disabled sentry guns?
The Cow Mangler's (rocket launcher) charged fire disables the sentries.  (the charge is a right click that uses up all five charges and makes you move at about 1/3 speed while charging)
[/quote]

I guess the question here too is then, how long does it take to charge?

I bet if you couldn't rocket jump with these it might be more acceptable

(07-21-2011, 03:41 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: I guess the question here too is then, how long does it take to charge?

I bet if you couldn't rocket jump with these it might be more acceptable

According to the wiki, it takes 3 seconds to charge.  But then you have to do a full reload before you can use it again.

I think people underestimate how useless these weapons are against buildings unless you are just supporting your teammates with the supercharge.  To take down a mini-sentry by yourself with the mangler it's probably quicker to super-charge & run up and melee it than it is to kill it with the regular laser shots.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 07-21-2011

What about using the lazer pistol? How would stunning it with a charged shot then taking your lazer pistol to it work?