Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - maxthroatkick - 08-19-2011

Not buying Deus Ex. If anyone wants to trade me some of these weapons I'd appreciate it. But I'm guessing they'll become random drops after the bonus is gone and theyre no longer genuine?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Sogo - 08-19-2011

(08-19-2011, 05:05 PM)maxthroatkick link Wrote: Not buying Deus Ex. If anyone wants to trade me some of these weapons I'd appreciate it. But I'm guessing they'll become random drops after the bonus is gone and theyre no longer genuine?

You can currently craft and find the items Max.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Luca Shoal - 08-19-2011

Yeah I'm not dropping $45 on a game I dno if I'll play. I have plenty to finish anyways, From Dust comes to mind.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - maxthroatkick - 08-19-2011

(08-19-2011, 08:19 PM)Sogo Payne link Wrote: [quote author=maxthroatkick link=topic=206.msg219599#msg219599 date=1313791500]
Not buying Deus Ex. If anyone wants to trade me some of these weapons I'd appreciate it. But I'm guessing they'll become random drops after the bonus is gone and theyre no longer genuine?

[/quote]

Oh awesome thanks. I randomly found the Short Circuit.  It's okay... mostly looking forward to new sniper

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Sogo - 08-20-2011

(08-19-2011, 10:25 PM)maxthroatkick link Wrote: [quote author=Sogo Payne link=topic=206.msg219617#msg219617 date=1313803179]
[quote author=maxthroatkick link=topic=206.msg219599#msg219599 date=1313791500]

[/quote]

Oh awesome thanks. I randomly found the Short Circuit.  It's okay... mostly looking forward to new sniper
[/quote]

The Machina's pretty nice, Rec+bison+sleepeer

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Grimthwacker - 08-21-2011

Man, the Machina is an excellent Sniper weapon - not being able to no-scope isn't a huge thing for me (since I never did), and I always carry the SMG for medium range stuff, so it's quickly becoming my go-to weapon.  The extra damage increase at full charge is gonna make bodyshot haters fume.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - maxthroatkick - 08-21-2011

(08-20-2011, 12:40 AM)Sogo Payne link Wrote: [quote author=maxthroatkick link=topic=206.msg219634#msg219634 date=1313810718]
[quote author=Sogo Payne link=topic=206.msg219617#msg219617 date=1313803179]
[quote author=maxthroatkick link=topic=206.msg219599#msg219599 date=1313791500]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The Machina's pretty nice, Rec+bison+sleepeer
[/quote]

I may would craft it if I had spares of those weapons, but I'll just wait for the drop. It'll come soon enough, right?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - sk8mystery23 - 08-21-2011

How about that Diamondback guys.

TF2 - The Diamondback UNILMITED CRITICAL HITS GLITCH

At least the video is pretty funny.

Also, I didn't make this video and don't think anyone should actually do this, and anyone who does needs to be kicked, but should be banned.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Moosendoo - 08-21-2011

(08-21-2011, 08:06 PM)sk8mystery23 link Wrote: How about that Diamondback guys.

Also, I didn't make this video and don't think anyone should actually do this, and anyone who does needs to be kicked, but should be banned.

I have a bad feeling the (all-class) Civilian might get killed when Valve fixes this, since this glitch involves doing the same procedure for Civilian. Sad

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [SiN] Merc - 08-22-2011

(08-21-2011, 08:28 PM)Moosendoo link Wrote: [quote author=sk8mystery23 link=topic=206.msg219757#msg219757 date=1313975209]

I have a bad feeling the (all-class) Civilian might get killed when Valve fixes this, since this glitch involves doing the same procedure for Civilian. Sad
[/quote]

Shit.  Sad

On a side note: I want more harmless exploits again Valve, like my spy dispenser, swap taunting, or the 500 dispensers you could build as engie. That encouraged rainbows.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 08-22-2011

(08-21-2011, 08:28 PM)Moosendoo link Wrote: [quote author=sk8mystery23 link=topic=206.msg219757#msg219757 date=1313975209]

[/quote]

It's already broken on our server.... or rather fixed.

I broke all the civilian bugs like a month ago or so. Soz.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Surf314 - 08-22-2011

(08-21-2011, 08:06 PM)sk8mystery23 link Wrote: How about that Diamondback guys.

TF2 - The Diamondback UNILMITED CRITICAL HITS GLITCH

Part of me wants to go to a random server and do this.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 08-22-2011

(08-22-2011, 03:30 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: Part All of me wants to go to a random valve server and do this.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - k0ala - 08-22-2011

(08-22-2011, 03:08 PM)Kirby the Dick link Wrote: It's already broken on our server.... or rather fixed.

I broke all the civilian bugs like a month ago or so. Soz.
No shit. Playing even more on BRB`U server now, kthx.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 08-23-2011

valve is supposedly releasing another update today that will fix the Diamondback crits bug. After I spent all of like 10 minutes writing a plugin to remove the gun. =((((((

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2Big GrinM)
- Fixed a client crash during demo playback
- Fixed a SourceTV crash
- Dedicated servers can now have both SourceTV and Replay enabled at once
  "-replay [config file]" and "+tv_enable 1" should be used to launch the server

Team Fortress 2
- Added TF birthday replacement models for health kits and ammo packs
- Added TF birthday Party Hat and Noisemaker
- Fixed The Short Circuit attacking friendly projectiles
- Fixed The Short Circuit being hidden when the Engineer taunts
- Fixed an infinite crits exploit using The Diamondback
- Fixed The Widowmaker not returning the correct amount of ammo when multiple targets are hit
- Fixed supply closets regenerating players while they are taunting
- Fixed the Select Style UI text overlapping the image of the model
- Fixed the sunbeams hat effect
- Updated the localization files
- Updated the gamehaptics file:
  - Added draw/recoil forces for The Widowmaker, The Short Circuit, The Diamondback, and The Machina
  - Added crit fire force for The Widowmaker and The Diamondback
  - Refined reload force for Flare Gun/Detonator
- Bot changes:
  - Fixed crash with Demoman-bots trying to detonate stickybombs that had already been destroyed
  - Added tf_bot_kill console command (syntax identical to tf_bot_kick)
  - Bots obey melee only mode a bit better
  - Added func_nav_avoid to allow map creators control over where bots "like" to go
  - Fixed issue with Demoman bot reloading between each stickybomb he fired, causing him to be very slow at setting traps/destroying sentries
  - Bots never taunt if carrying the flag now
  - Aiming logic for Huntsman sniper bots
  - Sniper bots prioritize enemy snipers more aggressively, as well as enemy engineers now
  - Improved Demoman bot sentry gun sticky bombing
  - Bots will no longer try to use health entities assigned to the enemy team
  - Added simplistic behaviors for Chargin' Targe, and various consumables (Bonk drink, sandvich, etc)
  - Medic-bots stay a bit closer to their patient now
  - Sniper-bots go after very nearby enemies with their melee weapon now
  - Added func_tfbot_hint entity to allow map creators to tell sniper bots good places to lurk
  - Sniper-bots opportunistically fire on viable targets they encounter while on the way to their desired lurking spot
  - Spy-bots are more aggressive about backstabbing an engineer before sapping his nest now

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 08-23-2011

that is a lot of bot improvements

New hidden item: Broken HLDS update tool on Win32 and Linux, it's got a 100% resistance to patching.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - AMCZombine - 08-24-2011

Quote:- Fixed The Short Circuit attacking friendly projectiles

Darth Vader NO!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - k0ala - 08-24-2011

(08-23-2011, 07:51 PM)versus link Wrote: that is a lot of bot improvements

I'm still hanging out for THIS patch, but it'll never happen.