Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Geoff - 08-28-2011

theyve broken in again...

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Chief - 08-28-2011

(08-28-2011, 09:24 PM)Bonesinger link Wrote: PUBSTARS RIDES AGAIN. Updated version where I'm not a huge downie that misspelled starring. Plus extra footage straight from Geoff's beat labs!!!

Pubstar Legends The Trailer
its missing a picture of eightball when the quote comes up, come on bonersinger

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - ZargonX - 08-29-2011

(08-28-2011, 09:24 PM)Bonesinger link Wrote: PUBSTARS RIDES AGAIN. Updated version where I'm not a huge downie that misspelled starring. Plus extra footage straight from Geoff's beat labs!!!

Pubstar Legends The Trailer

5 stars. Would watch again.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 08-30-2011

So I guess ETF2L medals are being given out now.

Except "Medal status: Your team suffered one or more default losses. Therefore you will not receive a medal."

>Sad

It's a damn participation award. How's that even make sense?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 08-30-2011

(08-30-2011, 01:43 PM)backfire link Wrote: So I guess ETF2L medals are being given out now.

Except "Medal status: Your team suffered one or more default losses. Therefore you will not receive a medal."

>Sad

Remember the ETF2L playoffs, where Kirby disappeared for like 3 days, and I tried to pull the roster together last minute, then the opponents were douche bags and forced the forfeit after we got 9 together?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 08-30-2011

(08-30-2011, 01:54 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=206.msg220864#msg220864 date=1314729825]
So I guess ETF2L medals are being given out now.

>Sad

Remember the ETF2L playoffs, where Kirby disappeared for like 3 days, and I tried to pull the roster together last minute, then the opponents were douche bags and forced the forfeit after we got 9 together?
[/quote]

Yes, and I also remember us stomping every team before then. That and them getting 4 default wins in a row. What I mean is why does that mean we shouldn't get a "participation" award?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - at0m - 08-30-2011

Just patched, wonder what it's for. I can't join any servers now.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - TOH - 08-30-2011

(08-30-2011, 06:34 PM)at0m link Wrote: Just patched, wonder what it's for. I can't join any servers now.

Quote:Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2Big GrinM)

* Fixed snd_restart breaking voice recording
    * Fixed a rare crash creating a listen server

Team Fortress 2

* Item found notifications now correctly show up in chat
    * Added Tropico 4 promotional content[1]
    * Added BleedPlayer input on player for mappers
    * Updated localization files
    * GetSchema WebAPI changes
          o Added "kill_eater_score_types"
          o Added "account_info" for attributes where the value is a Steam account ID
          o Added support for Romanian, Turkish, and Hungarian (ro, tr, and hu respectively)

Undocumented changes

* Item server update made the tournament medals untradable[2][3]

Here's the promo item: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/El_Jefe
And nice to see item drops announced again. Hat bragging can now resume!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Sogo - 08-30-2011

(08-30-2011, 07:20 PM)TOH link Wrote:

As far as I can tell, my voice recording is still broken. Thanks Valve.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Reevesith - 08-30-2011

Way to go valve, it updated & when I try to play it starts dl 4,o32.5MB :/

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Geoff - 08-30-2011

P★

if theres only one frag video youll be watching this labor day... make it pubstar legends

get hype

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 08-31-2011

(08-30-2011, 08:07 PM)Sogo Payne link Wrote: [quote author=TOH link=topic=206.msg220897#msg220897 date=1314750059]

As far as I can tell, my voice recording is still broken. Thanks Valve.
[/quote]

Did you ever use the snd_restart command before? I doubt it. Why would a command you never use fix a problem that you have no idea what the cause is even though it's your computer, be it hardware or software?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 09-09-2011

This is the general tf2 discussion thread anyways...

So I hopped over to the steam forums cause once in a blue moon I see something interesting. Seems all the f2p'ers are complaining about the heavy (base class, all stock weapons) being too overpowered and demand he be nerfed.

I dunno, maybe if they thought of strategies beyond "run straight for the heavy while he's shooting at me" they'd have better luck. Hop in a random pub, rev your gun, and it's like the entire enemy team is sucked in like a funnel to your minigun.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - ZargonX - 09-09-2011

(09-09-2011, 07:06 AM)backfire link Wrote: rev your gun, and it's like the entire enemy team is sucked in like a funnel to your minigun.

That gives me a great idea for a new Heavy weapon pack...

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Didzo - 09-09-2011

(09-09-2011, 07:06 AM)backfire link Wrote: This is the general tf2 discussion thread anyways...

So I hopped over to the steam forums cause once in a blue moon I see something interesting. Seems all the f2p'ers are complaining about the heavy (base class, all stock weapons) being too overpowered and demand he be nerfed.

I dunno, maybe if they thought of strategies beyond "run straight for the heavy while he's shooting at me" they'd have better luck. Hop in a random pub, rev your gun, and it's like the entire enemy team is sucked in like a funnel to your minigun.

God it's delicious. Pubs are bad enough (had some fun defending on the second point of badwater yesterday, just being surprise heavy and racking up a few dominations, including against all of the enemy soldiers), but F2Pers really stand no chance against a heavy and don't learn that walking directly into a stream of bullets is a generally bad idea.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - matter11 - 09-09-2011

I still think the heavy's damage/falloff needs to be tweaked.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Vandamguy - 09-09-2011

(09-09-2011, 02:54 PM)matter11 link Wrote: I still think the heavy's damage/falloff needs to be tweaked.
no

HW on top of 2fort battlements doing sniper duty is still a legit tactic , and has been for 15 years.

there's just some things that you dont fuck with.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Vongore - 09-15-2011

2GB the last update?

Wat?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - matter11 - 09-17-2011

(09-09-2011, 03:36 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: [quote author=matter11 link=topic=206.msg222141#msg222141 date=1315598045]
no

HW on top of 2fort battlements doing sniper duty is still a legit tactic , and has been for 15 years.

[/quote]

but nobody likes 2fort anyway. except of course the "NO CAPPING THIS IS A NO CAP SERVER IT'S ONLY FOR KILLING STOP CAPPING" servers

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - k0ala - 09-18-2011

(09-17-2011, 06:58 PM)matter11 link Wrote: [quote author=Vandamguy link=topic=206.msg222145#msg222145 date=1315600568]
[quote author=matter11 link=topic=206.msg222141#msg222141 date=1315598045]
no

[/quote]

but nobody likes 2fort anyway. except of course the "NO CAPPING THIS IS A NO CAP SERVER IT'S ONLY FOR KILLING STOP CAPPING" servers
[/quote]lmao
I went back to that server this morning