Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Vongore - 05-29-2009

i liked the previous system, and what it would have become

You can't accept smoething different *insert political comment here*

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Radio Raheem - 05-30-2009

they will still add the previous system just hopefully less retarded by the next class pack

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 06-08-2009

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Engine

Fixed Day of Defeat: Source server crash when loading dod_jagd.

Team Fortress 2

Added a "Discard" button to the item pickup panel.

Added a backstab custom death animation to the Heavy.

Changed default for tf_arena_use_queue to 1. This was the original behavior prior to the last update.

Changed the Dead Ringer so it can be activated while carrying the flag.

Increased the Force-A-Nature's damage by 10%.

Fixed not being able to reflect arrows with the Flamethrower.

Fixed The Huntsman drawing a muzzle flash under lagged conditions.

Fixed the background color of the Spy disguise panel not always matching his disguise team.

Fixed idle players being kicked when the server has tf_arena_use_queue set to 0.

Fixed Spies not being able to sap a building if an enemy player was colliding with the building.

Fixed getting a real target ID on an enemy Spy that's disguised as one of your teammates if you are disguised as an enemy.

Fixed the Ambassador not shooting enemy sticky bombs.

Fixed Spies being able to automatically cloak after uncloaking at the moment of a weapon switch.

Fixed Jarate instantly exploding when thrown in some places, like the final area of Badwater.

Fixed spectators not having their items removed when they enter spectator mode.

Fixed Sniper "civilian" exploit where players could crash the server.

Fixed a couple of cases where viable backstabs would fail.

-----

Still no fix to the Huntsman being used from the wrong side.  Not a problem, just really annoying.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 06-08-2009

Why did the FAN get a buff?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - 06-08-2009

cuz fan sux

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 06-08-2009

(06-08-2009, 07:17 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Fixed Sniper "civilian" exploit where players could crash the server.

Well, there goes my fun. Valve sure does have a vendetta against civs, trying to kill the civ heavy at least 3 times by now.

(06-08-2009, 07:47 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=206.msg89225#msg89225 date=1244506646]

Well, there goes my fun. Valve sure does have a vendetta against civs, trying to kill the civ heavy at least 3 times by now.
[/quote]

Well since people complained about it crashing the server, maybe they just fixed what caused the crash?  Haven't seen anyone test it yet if it is still around with the fix.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - SAVAGE-0 - 06-08-2009

i own with FAN... 10% buff = A O K with me Smile

(06-08-2009, 08:15 PM)SAVAGE-0 link Wrote: i own with FAN... 10% buff = A O K with me Smile

I always used the FaN before.  It has it's downside cause of low ammo, but it's meant to be a hit and run gun.  You bolt in, get up super close, peg them hard with both shots and then run off.  To see it's better is cool to me.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 06-08-2009

(06-08-2009, 08:13 PM)Maxon link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=206.msg89233#msg89233 date=1244508474]
[quote author=Maxon link=topic=206.msg89225#msg89225 date=1244506646]

[/quote]

Well since people complained about it crashing the server, maybe they just fixed what caused the crash?  Haven't seen anyone test it yet if it is still around with the fix.
[/quote]

Oh, go figure. Yep, civ sniper's still alive. Also from what I hear, even though it missed the patch notes, flareguns now mini-crit on burning players.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Mr. Face - 06-08-2009

(06-08-2009, 08:45 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=206.msg89239#msg89239 date=1244510035]
[quote author=backfire link=topic=206.msg89233#msg89233 date=1244508474]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, go figure. Yep, civ sniper's still alive. Also from what I hear, even though it missed the patch notes, flareguns now mini-crit on burning players.
[/quote]
God dommot, i just got used to using Shotgun and now i have to switch back...
Also, FaN should not get buffed, it was annoying when a pyro couldnt reach a Scout because of it, now theyll get to die faster while being humiliated by the crushing bouncebacks of the sinister FaN (Just play the entire Russian Vs. German parts of CoD5, anybody who has heard Reznov talk knows how affective his talks are. Hence the weird extra words on everything i talk about)

Interesting little addition.  Gives the Flaregun something to actually be useful aside from just being a mild annoyance.  What kind of damage does it do with the mini-crit?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - at0m - 06-08-2009

(06-08-2009, 07:17 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Still no fix to the Huntsman being used from the wrong side.  Not a problem, just really annoying.
He's just firing it left-handed. What's bugging you so much about it?

(06-08-2009, 09:32 PM)at0m link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=206.msg89225#msg89225 date=1244506646]
Still no fix to the Huntsman being used from the wrong side.  Not a problem, just really annoying.
[/quote]

Cause it's awkward.  Sure I can play with it, but it's just not natural for people when they play the game.  It's like one of the biggest threads in the sniper forum right now with people wanting to change it at the Steam forums lol Plus it's just simply wrong, when the third person model is using it normally, but it's backwards in the FPS view.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wyrmidon - 06-08-2009

I don't mind the view on the huntsman. I gotten used to it, so a change will probably mess me up.  I'm glad the fan got a buff, now it might be useful at mid/semi-long range.

(06-08-2009, 09:44 PM)Wyrmidon link Wrote: I don't mind the view on the huntsman. I gotten used to it, so a change will probably mess me up.  I'm glad the fan got a buff, now it might be useful at mid/semi-long range.

Well when I started, it took me a few rounds and then I got use to the Huntsman leftside, so I would assume just a round of play and I'd be back into it, though I'm getting back into the rifle again after playing the Huntsman so long, cause the Sniper Rifle is simply better.  The Huntsman is just alot more fun lol

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - at0m - 06-08-2009

(06-08-2009, 09:37 PM)Maxon link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=206.msg89271#msg89271 date=1244514746]
[/quote]

Cause it's awkward.  Sure I can play with it, but it's just not natural for people when they play the game.  It's like one of the biggest threads in the sniper forum right now with people wanting to change it at the Steam forums lol Plus it's just simply wrong, when the third person model is using it normally, but it's backwards in the FPS view.
[/quote]It bugged me for maybe five minutes before I just started ignoring it just like all of the other weapon viewmodels. I only leave them in because they keep me from getting motion sickness and forgetting which weapon I have out :/

I have to say I can understand your annoyance, especially if you pay attn to detail enough to realize he's a righty when firing in third person, but lefty in first. They should've just had all of his weapons be left-handed from the get-go, since he's a southpaw.

Southpaw? Australian?  GET IT?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 06-23-2009

Team Fortress 2, Episode 1 & 2, and Portal

Added support for the Novint Falcon

General

Added an option to the advanced multiplayer menu to select left or right handed view models

Fixed a bug where a spectator's wearable items could be seen floating around the player they were spectating

Fixed a bug where a fake Spy hand would appear on the screen of other players

Custom death animations now only play 25% of the time

Fixed teleporters not being build-able in some places where they should be (such as within the pit at the end of Badwater Basin)

Fixed rare client crash on connection and level change

Removed refract from water ripples caused by bullet impacts for performance reasons

Added log entries for player extinguished events using the medigun, jarate, flamethrower and dispenser

Started tracking localization settings to help make decisions regarding localization in the future

Fixed the blank progress bar in the upper-left of the screen when the client scheme is reloaded

Mapmaker requests

Added spawn flag to func_respawnroomvisualizer that allows it be non-solid to players

Added SetSolid input to func_respawnroomvisualizer to change solidity to players dynamically

Added OnWonByTeam1 and OnWonByTeam2 outputs to the TFGamerulesProxy

Sniper

Fixed a bad detection case in the "Friendship is Golden" achievement

Changed the description of the "Triple Prey" achievement so it better describes how to get it

Critical arrows now have a trail and correctly deal enhanced damage

The Huntsman now defaults to be right handed

Friendly arrows will no longer trigger the near miss sound on you

Fixed several sources of floating arrows

Spy

Fixed disguised Spies occasionally looking like they have invulnerability, instead of the correct fake Spy mask

Disguised spies will no longer lose their disguise weapon when they interact with a weapon locker

Fixed a bug where the spy's watch would randomly change models during play

Fixed uncloaked spies flickering in and out of the cloak effect when taking damage

The Cloak and Dagger now always regenerates at its intended rate. Previously it only regenerated at the correct rate when the spy was cloaked

Increased the Cloak and Dagger regeneration rate slightly

Capped the rate of energy loss from moving faster than run speed (falling / air toss) while cloaked with the Cloak and Dagger

The Dead Ringer's cloak consume rate has been slightly reduced, giving about an extra second of cloak time on a full meter

Emerging from the Dead Ringer's cloak now drains up to 40% of the cloak meter instead of 100%. This drain only happens if the meter is at least 60% full

The Dead Ringer's cloak meter can now be regenerated from ammo sources

The Ambassador now only crits when fully accurate and no longer penetrates enemies

The Spy can no longer change weapons from the knife while shocked by the Razorback

Force-A-Nature & Flamethrower air blast knockback effects no longer work on disguised spies

Fixed disguised Spies showing the wrong teleporter effects when using an enemy teleporter

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 06-23-2009

(06-23-2009, 05:30 PM)Karth is SPY link Wrote: The Cloak and Dagger now always regenerates at its intended rate. Previously it only regenerated at the correct rate when the spy was cloaked

Increased the Cloak and Dagger regeneration rate slightly

Capped the rate of energy loss from moving faster than run speed (falling / air toss) while cloaked with the Cloak and Dagger

The Dead Ringer's cloak consume rate has been slightly reduced, giving about an extra second of cloak time on a full meter

Emerging from the Dead Ringer's cloak now drains up to 40% of the cloak meter instead of 100%. This drain only happens if the meter is at least 60% full

The Dead Ringer's cloak meter can now be regenerated from ammo sources

Force-A-Nature & Flamethrower air blast knockback effects no longer work on disguised spies

Fixed disguised Spies showing the wrong teleporter effects when using an enemy teleporter

Smile

(06-23-2009, 05:30 PM)Karth is SPY link Wrote: The Ambassador now only crits when fully accurate and no longer penetrates enemies

>Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Fail Medic - 06-23-2009

(06-23-2009, 05:30 PM)Karth is SPY link Wrote: Force-A-Nature & Flamethrower air blast knockback effects no longer work on disguised spies

Was it a big problem?  Why waste 25 ammo to spritz 5 ammo of fire for spy checking?  Is the Spy unlucky enough to be near a Pyro airblasting a rocket?  ... Oops?

I'm furrowing my brow in a wtf manner on this one.