Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 10-22-2011

(10-22-2011, 07:05 PM)Kirby the Dick link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=206.msg227990#msg227990 date=1319321133]
Ya know aside from that whole big update next week bit.

I figured you were being like omg wahhhh our server won't be able to drop Halloween shit based on the 2nd post that you left visible.
[/quote]

The registration's already taken care of, I wasn't worried about that. Just used the whole "giving out presents on registered servers" bit as grounds for speculation.

That second link was just an insert since the url wasn't viable in the picture and I was in too much of a rush to not know that wasn't important.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Vongore - 10-22-2011

Last year there were some servers where you could type a command and it would activate all halloween achivements plus items for you that's how i got the Saxton Mask achivement. I guess Valve is trying to prevent that this year

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - K2 - 10-27-2011

It is imminent.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 10-27-2011

(10-27-2011, 07:50 PM)K2 link Wrote: It is imminent.

Tomarrow's the night?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - K2 - 10-27-2011

(10-27-2011, 07:55 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=K2 link=topic=206.msg228687#msg228687 date=1319763010]
It is imminent.

Tomarrow's the night?
[/quote]

Nope, it's out now.

Quote:Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Halloween 2011 Event
        Viaduct has been haunted and is now... Eyeaduct!
        One full multi-piece costume set has been added for each class
        Random gifts containing costume pieces drop in Eyeaduct on registered servers
        2 new Halloween 2011 achievements
        Any unusual hats uncrated during the event will be Halloween-themed
        New Halloween-themed items are available in the Mann Co. store, but only for a limited time!
    Updated effects for The Cow Mangler 5000
    Updated in-game abuse reporting tool to include option for reporting abusive game servers
    Added mapcycle_halloween containing all Halloween event maps
    Fixed team colors and styles not updating properly in store previews
    Fixed bug in reputation trend status display for registered servers
    Fixed a problem that could cause repeated stutters after joining a server
    Fixed the Spine-Chilling Skull not appearing when equipped by soldiers
    New Halloween-themed community-created items submitted to the Workshop are now available in the Mann Co. store!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Sogo - 10-27-2011

[Image: 6BzHE.png]

Also, Rewards for the event thing.
[Image: TwUKP.png]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 10-27-2011

Update right as I want to play, of course, it takes NFO 30 min longer than any other server to update, play on a shitty valve server with >100 ping for everyone

Then Red goes down, wont come back up...god I hate you so much valve

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 10-27-2011

Okay wow. This last completely destroys my framerate completely. I mean I'm talking from 30-40 average to never above 15. I can't play at all.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Sogo - 10-27-2011

uh oh
Seem's like I'm the only one without trouble then?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Dr. Zaius - 10-27-2011

I'm not having much trouble with the update.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - AMCZombine - 10-28-2011

Still over one hundred myself.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Reevesith - 10-30-2011

I love the Bug engy voice  Tongue tho it's sad, he's like the only one who's full set does anything Sad

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Something Swain - 10-30-2011

(10-30-2011, 05:11 PM)Reevesith link Wrote: I love the Bug engy voice  Tongue tho it's sad, he's like the only one who's full set does anything Sad

The soldier set adds more lines and the demo set adds a howl taunt. But yeah, the other ones don't do anything though, some maniacal laughter from the spy and medic would just make my day.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 10-30-2011

(10-27-2011, 10:04 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: it takes NFO 30 min longer than any other server to update

NFO runs -verify_all on every update, which is compounded 10 fold when the content servers are already overloaded because of all the hlds instances phoning home for the update, all of NFO's have to wait for the ok of every file, not just the updates ones.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Sogo - 11-08-2011

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=6722

Let's all help Saxton Hale beat up a doctor.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Grimthwacker - 11-08-2011

(11-08-2011, 12:43 AM)Sogo Payne link Wrote: http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=6722

Let's all help Saxton Hale beat up a doctor.

Hmmmm. . .  on the one hand, it's Saxton Hale, but on the other, Dr. McNinja does put up a pretty convincing argument for himself. . .

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 11-09-2011

Important Server Note:

Weapon Spread has been set back to the default value, this should make the server A LOT easier to seed.

Additionally, the default vote map list was scaled back somewhat, removing a few of the customs. This does not affect the nominate list.

This will make the server _much_ easier to seed, in fact last night a scrim after TFT that would have normally killed pops left the server full until roughly midnight CST.

Provided you can get 6 - 8 people in seeding on any stock map (for best results badwater, dustbowl), the server will fill itself in short order.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - k0ala - 11-09-2011

Of course this means that a few more people need to be shown what is not acceptable behavior. Don't show fear, pubbies will think you're weak.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 11-09-2011

Slight reality check:

There's enough servers running for around 65,000 players, tf2 normally peaks at like 23,000. Our server's quickplay score is only around 200,000 - servers taking advantage since day 1 have well in the 1-2 million+ range.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - at0m - 11-09-2011

That may be, but what's the median score? If there are slightly less than half the players required to fill the servers, then we just have to be slightly above median to score players from the system, right?