Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [SiN] Merc - 06-01-2012

(05-31-2012, 11:47 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Valve]
An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

Updated The Stickybomb Jumper
- Players with this weapon equipped cannot carry the intelligence

Ya know what woulda been nice? If this was a thing way back on that impact highlander match...
[/quote]

Was just thinking that buddy.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 06-01-2012

wish they buffed enforcer instead

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [SiN] Merc - 06-02-2012

(06-01-2012, 04:27 PM)versus link Wrote: wish they nerfed Tomislav instead

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - scar11 - 06-05-2012

(05-31-2012, 11:47 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Valve]
An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

Ya know what woulda been nice? If this was a thing way back on that impact highlander match...
[/quote]

Almost certain it was a regular rocket launcher + a buff though.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 06-05-2012

(06-05-2012, 11:21 AM)scar11 link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=206.msg246474#msg246474 date=1338526041]
[quote author=Valve]

[/quote]

Almost certain it was a regular rocket launcher + a buff though.
[/quote]

No, its how we got capped on, sticky jumper down the chute after they dropped an uber heavy/medic down it

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Eightball - 06-05-2012

we will never discuss ctf_impact2 again

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [SiN] Merc - 06-19-2012

It Begins!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Reevesith - 06-19-2012

pocket lint?!? O:

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Something Swain - 06-19-2012

I believe I may have solved this [spoiler]mystery[/spoiler]...

A while ago there was an item posted to the steam workshop, a heap of garbage containing a banana peel sitting atop the pyro's head. Another item was a burnt diary misc item for the pyro.  And meet the pyro was scheduled for release this year.

This seemingly coincidental group of shoddy evidence has led me to this unlikely conclusion.

Soon, the meet the pyro video will be introduced to the public. The pyro will live in a junkyard, hence his/her/it's/their cobbled together (mostly) weapony: rake, mailbox, ax covered in barbed wire, etc., and the video may be a collection of entries from a diary, kept by none other than the pyro, or not. Along with the video the previously mentioned items, and perhaps some others, will be released/made available to craft/[spoiler]purchase[/spoiler]. Also a junkyard map.

Or I could be wrong.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Eschatos - 06-19-2012

Meet the pyro plays and is awesome. Then, at the very end after the credits roll, pyro picks a crowbar and whips off his gasmask to reveal that it was Gordon Freeman the whole time.  And then we see Half Life 3's release date and everyone jizzes.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 06-20-2012

(06-19-2012, 08:42 PM)Something Swain link Wrote: I believe I may have solved this [spoiler]mystery[/spoiler]...

A while ago there was an item posted to the steam workshop, a heap of garbage containing a banana peel sitting atop the pyro's head. Another item was a burnt diary misc item for the pyro.  And meet the pyro was scheduled for release this year.

This seemingly coincidental group of shoddy evidence has led me to this unlikely conclusion.

Soon, the meet the pyro video will be introduced to the public. The pyro will live in a junkyard, hence his/her/it's/their cobbled together (mostly) weapony: rake, mailbox, ax covered in barbed wire, etc., and the video may be a collection of entries from a diary, kept by none other than the pyro, or not. Along with the video the previously mentioned items, and perhaps some others, will be released/made available to craft/[spoiler]purchase[/spoiler]. Also a junkyard map.

Or I could be wrong.

I could also attribute this to an economics experiment on how people value a new worthless item. They did just hire an economist, so its not completely outside of the realm of plausibility.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Didzo - 06-20-2012

(06-20-2012, 07:23 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Something Swain link=topic=206.msg247787#msg247787 date=1340156536]

Or I could be wrong.

I could also attribute this to an economics experiment on how people value a new worthless item. They did just hire an economist, so its not completely outside of the realm of plausibility.
[/quote]

People are pretty smart to figure out that if it looks like a piece of lint, someone gets one every five minutes, and it cannot be worn on your head that it probably isn't worth much at all.

:-X

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Dtrain323i - 06-20-2012

(06-20-2012, 01:21 PM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=206.msg247834#msg247834 date=1340195037]
[quote author=Something Swain link=topic=206.msg247787#msg247787 date=1340156536]

Or I could be wrong.

[/quote]

People are pretty smart to figure out that if it looks like a piece of lint, someone gets one every five minutes, and it cannot be worn on your head that it probably isn't worth much at all.

:-X
[/quote]

I got one of the pieces of lint. Haven't found a use for it yet.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - at0m - 06-20-2012

Lint is also great for starting fires.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 06-20-2012

(06-20-2012, 06:54 PM)at0m link Wrote: Lint is also great for starting fires.

steel wool and 9volts imo

edit: wat. lint item drops in tf2??  >.>

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - kaese - 06-20-2012

Well, they are all apparently craftable but not at the moment. People are saying that all will be revealed this Friday.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Vongore - 06-21-2012

They are considered craftable on the item files, but there's no available blueprint

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Sogo - 06-21-2012

Tried hatsmashing with Bananas.
[Image: OZ54u.jpg]

Discuss.

*BREAKING NEWS EDIT*

Apparently that code is a MD5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Md5

Anyone wanna try and solve it?

YET ANOTHER EDIT

The actual codes when some stuff has been done to translate them.

"md5_388_1"="9e86c9d1ba461d7c3b84ea4bac11b921"
"md5_388_2"="f2629207217ce651f1a76ce33346d4c8"
"md5_388_3"="5d1a66650820b260b043443137c23dc5"
"md5_388_4"="0361ca75733f3c21f4ba4ae216e92155"
"md5_388_5"="a0370078eaafd706e75e6a2a45b5678f"
"md5_388_6"="0a009353adac7c721d8b4a188a9f8517"
"md5_388_7"="6f1d22a53f398fd4404b7fc9d7b1f356"
"md5_388_8"="eae894257e8b1502807a3a94fd2fcc1c"

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Vongore - 06-21-2012

Banana overflow error D:?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - K2 - 06-21-2012

New blog post. Shows one of the weapons coming in the next update (though no attributes for it).