Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [fr31ns]Karrde - 06-24-2008

All my hard work typing in that console command!  :'(

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Luca Shoal - 06-24-2008

I only had 2 achievements to go anyways. This pleases me all the same.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - broonor - 06-24-2008

(06-24-2008, 12:39 PM)Luca Shoal link Wrote: I only had 2 achievements to go anyways. This pleases me all the same.

I had a few more than that, but now I won't need to harass people to do shit for me.  No moar giving ubers only to soldiers lulz

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - ZargonX - 06-24-2008

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised to suddenly have the Ubersaw last night. 

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Chooly - 07-01-2008

So no one dosn't have it for tonight, just posting that a TF2 update just arrived.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - dapngwnman - 07-01-2008

YAAY They added some damage falloff to the flamethrower!

IT ISN'T A SNIPER RIFLE NOW!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KorJax - 07-01-2008

Valve <3

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - ainmosni - 07-01-2008

balance ftw, they nerfed the pyro but didnt revert him to next to useless

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - erraticferret - 07-01-2008

(07-01-2008, 05:04 PM)ainmosni link Wrote: balance ftw, they nerfed the pyro but didnt revert him to next to useless

Aye. It was starting to get a little awkward, playing with such an overpowered gun. Yesterday I rushed a Lv. 3 sentry with an engie and killed it, easy. Now I die, as it should be. And the natural order is restored.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 07-01-2008

Well 5 minutes after the update, I had to make a run to the liquor store for July 4th. I didn't enjoy spending $150, but hopefully I'll enjoy that $150 this weekend. Tongue Afterwards, I had a migrain, so I opted to sleep it off rather than attend TFT.

Also, so as to not look completely lame:
Quote:Fixed backburner's flame critical hits not being recalculated after collision. This meant that it would check if the target was looking away once and after that the flame could score a critical hit again even if the orientation changed

Added back some damage falloff to the Pyro's flamethrower. Not nearly as extreme as it was before the Pyro class pack

Fixed bug that caused Demomen to take a small amount of extra damage from their own grenades and fly farther using them

Fixed spy getting stuck in players after removing his disguise

Fixed spy stabbing and being able to go invisible instantly

Fixed spy disguised as enemy medic being able to spam voice commands

Fixed buffed health not decaying properly after being healed by a dispenser

Selectable menus can now be operated with number keys even if they are not bound to slot1, slot2, etc.

Removed the remaining speed adjustments for carrying intelligence (a couple of game modes still reduced your maxspeed)

Fixed a buildable item placement bug where the object would not rotate after the user tried to place in an invalid location

Huzzah, Valve brought back the damage falloff, just as many had already predicted they would. Hopefully sticky-jumping will be viable again after this update (if you've played enough demo, you might have noticed you've been flying MUCH farther and taking LOTS more damage on landings, making sticky jumping practically useless. Also, hopefully crits from backburner on one person won't equal crits on everyone (if even one person isn't looking, basically your crits on that person also crit on everyone around them, meaning you can take out masses of enemies pretty easily), but I'm not sure that will be a consequence of the first fix mentioned.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 07-02-2008

I've noticed that its been harder to get crits with the backburner.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wedge - 07-02-2008

"Selectable menus can now be operated with number keys even if they are not bound to slot1, slot2, etc."

Hahahaha, that's actually useful to me, because my Slot 3 is bound to my 4th mouse key.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - ConsFEARacy - 07-02-2008

(07-02-2008, 12:26 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: I've noticed that its been harder to get crits with the backburner.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that then...before actually reading about the update here, I thought I must be missing something...

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Ianki - 07-02-2008

(07-01-2008, 11:50 PM)copulatingduck link Wrote: Well 5 minutes after the update, I had to make a run to the liquor store for July 4th. I didn't enjoy spending $150, but hopefully I'll enjoy that $150 this weekend. Tongue Afterwards, I was was so drunk that i opted to take a nap instead of attending TFT.  I ended up sleeping in my own vomit  :'(

Fixed, you lush.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - rumsfald - 07-02-2008

(07-01-2008, 11:50 PM)copulatingduck link Wrote: Well 5 minutes after the update, I had to make a run to the liquor store for July 4th. I didn't enjoy spending $150, but hopefully I'll enjoy that $150 this weekend. Tongue

What did you get?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 07-02-2008

(07-02-2008, 01:23 PM)Ianki link Wrote: [quote author=copulatingduck link=topic=206.msg18071#msg18071 date=1214974257]
Well 5 minutes after the update, I had to make a run to the liquor store for July 4th. I didn't enjoy spending $150, but hopefully I'll enjoy that $150 this weekend. Tongue Afterwards, I was was so drunk that i opted to take a nap instead of attending TFT.  I ended up sleeping in my own vomit  :'(

Fixed, you lush.
[/quote]

+1

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 07-02-2008

(07-02-2008, 06:05 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=copulatingduck link=topic=206.msg18071#msg18071 date=1214974257]
Well 5 minutes after the update, I had to make a run to the liquor store for July 4th. I didn't enjoy spending $150, but hopefully I'll enjoy that $150 this weekend. Tongue

What did you get?
[/quote]

Bet he got 15 cases of Pabst Blue Ribbon

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 07-29-2008

Aww SNAP! The latest updates are pretty awesome. So here we go:

Quote:-Fixed the Kritzkrieg not working on servers with crits turned off

-Players killing themselves will now give a kill credit to the last enemy who damaged them

-Fixed grenades, rockets, and flamethrower being able to fire through grates at round starts

-Removed health bonus from the Backburner

Fucking sweet news about the Backburner and Kritzkreig. Maybe a lot of you won't give a shit, but I play in plenty of nocrits servers, and the fixed Kritzkreig will now probably be MORE popular than the regular Uber, I'm REALLY excited about this. I'm sure a lot of people will be happy about the fixed suicide as well, with pyros rejoicing the most. And yes, as Loqutus pointed out, removing the health bonus from the Backburner is FANtastic news.

<3 <3 <3  Valve  <3 <3 <3

Now if only I could keep from getting kicked every 5 minutes because of failed connections to VAC secure servers. At this rate, I won't be making it to TFT.Sad

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Eschatos - 07-29-2008

(07-02-2008, 12:26 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: I've noticed that its been harder to get crits with the backburner.

Much harder.  I get them about a quarter of the time that I used to.  I wouldn't mind if they hadn't nerfed it and took away the +50 health but now it's just unbalanced.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Dave - 07-29-2008

(07-29-2008, 07:16 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: [quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=206.msg18086#msg18086 date=1214976413]
I've noticed that its been harder to get crits with the backburner.

Much harder.  I get them about a quarter of the time that I used to.  I wouldn't mind if they hadn't nerfed it and took away the +50 health but now it's just unbalanced.
[/quote]
OBJECTION

i think they upped the crits tonight.