Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CorpseFactor - 07-09-2009

(06-29-2009, 11:31 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [Image: sciencee.jpg]
Ha

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - 07-14-2009

tf2 update just now broke my game

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - 3clipse - 07-14-2009

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Linux Dedicated Server

Improved connection logic to help servers that aren't automatically reconnecting to Steam

Engine

Fixed seeing error dialogs if the "-nocrashdialog" command line parameter is present

Team Fortress 2

Added an optional per-map particle manifest called _particles.txt, which should be located in the maps directory, so map authors can load custom particle files

Fixed minicrits resulting in reduced damage for weapons at close ranges

Fixed the Cloak and Dagger not regenerating at the correct rate

Fixed setinfo exploit that allowed restricted convars to be set while connected to a server

Fixed tournament mode being interrupted if mp_timelimit hits before both stopwatch rounds have been played

Fixed "jointeam unassigned" exploit

Fixed being able to respawn during the chat time before a level change

Fixed "sensitivity" ConVar not capping the upper value which sometimes caused a server crash

Prevented some exploits based on mat_dxlevel being changed in-game

Updated ripple effects for water drips to improve performance

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 07-14-2009

(07-14-2009, 06:47 PM)JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR link Wrote: tf2 update just now broke my game

get a new computer

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - 07-14-2009

(07-14-2009, 07:23 PM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: [quote author=JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR link=topic=206.msg97924#msg97924 date=1247615225]
tf2 update just now broke my game
get a new computer
[/quote]
no u

also apparently you can no longer use anything under dxlevel 9 which rly fucks up my config

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Radio Raheem - 07-14-2009

just patched again hopefully fixing that

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - commish - 07-16-2009

The cloak and dagger regen rate is still fukin slow  :-\

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Dave - 07-16-2009

(07-16-2009, 05:46 PM)commish link Wrote: The cloak and dagger regen rate is still fukin slow  :-\

shut your mouth, it makes you invincible.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wedge - 07-16-2009

(07-16-2009, 07:41 PM)Dave link Wrote: [quote author=commish link=topic=206.msg98602#msg98602 date=1247784373]
The cloak and dagger regen rate is still fukin slow  :-\

shut your mouth, it makes you invincible.
[/quote]

That's dead ringer.  Which also recharges with ammo so it's stupid easy.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - commish - 07-16-2009

yea I love the dead ringer, it is definitely top tier material, how much protection is added when you are under the DR cloak?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Aerox - 07-16-2009

(07-16-2009, 09:14 PM)commish link Wrote: yea I love the dead ringer, it is definitely top tier material, how much protection is added when you are under the DR cloak?

I think 90%. You're basically unkillable unless you clock with like no health. Fully charged headshots won't kill a cloaked DR spy, and the initial hit that triggers it also has the damage reduction applied.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 07-16-2009

only problem is it is stupidly obvious when someone uses it, I have not seen anyone in a pub use it better than half-assed at best

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wedge - 07-17-2009

I actually use it to try and die convincingly (which is why the damage reduction needs to be there, I won't usually use it til I'm below half health).  It's pretty funny because people will start looking for me when I actually did die as a result.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - commish - 07-17-2009

you need to flat out run away under the dead ringer cloak, it is so loud the de-cloak

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Darklink - 07-17-2009

(07-16-2009, 09:16 PM)Aerox link Wrote: [quote author=commish link=topic=206.msg98663#msg98663 date=1247796875]
yea I love the dead ringer, it is definitely top tier material, how much protection is added when you are under the DR cloak?

I think 90%. You're basically unkillable unless you clock with like no health. Fully charged headshots won't kill a cloaked DR spy, and the initial hit that triggers it also has the damage reduction applied.
[/quote]90% reduction is correct

you can survive a train if you move out of the way around half a second after it does the first damage, pretty much every .5 seconds the train does 1000 damage (a fully charged sniper headshot and backstab do the same iirc)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 07-17-2009

(07-17-2009, 03:12 PM)darrrk link Wrote: [quote author=Aerox link=topic=206.msg98664#msg98664 date=1247796998]
[quote author=commish link=topic=206.msg98663#msg98663 date=1247796875]

[/quote]90% reduction is correct

you can survive a train if you move out of the way around half a second after it does the first damage, pretty much every .5 seconds the train does 1000 damage (a fully charged sniper headshot and backstab do the same iirc)
[/quote]

LOL

not even close on the max headshot dmg there buddy. backstab is just insta-kill no matter what the health is at

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wyrmidon - 07-17-2009

but the dead ringer stops you from being killed by backstabs so it must do some amount of damage.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 07-17-2009

Hmmm... Does it prevent backstabs while you're already cloaked or just on the initial stab? The only thing I can think of is that essentially at some health level, with the dead ringer equipped nothing can kill you. Caff has a screenshot floating around somewhere of him doing a 1million+ dmg backstab as spy though, and I've gotten over 20,000 dmg out of a single stab.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wyrmidon - 07-17-2009

it stops the initial stab (DR out of course) and while you are cloaked, although it still does minor damage iirc.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Negate - 07-17-2009

backstab does 6x your current health so under the dead ringer it does 6/10 of your health so at 125 that is 75 damage. but the kicker is its 6/10 of whatever your current health is so its almost impossible to kill without multiple stabs.