Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 09-15-2009

(09-15-2009, 07:42 PM)Professor Funbucks link Wrote: [quote author=Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link=topic=206.msg113636#msg113636 date=1253061506]
[quote author=Coordinator Ruby link=topic=206.msg113635#msg113635 date=1253061367]
Yeah giving it crits is just about as worthless as making the medigun able to crit.

Not really. Doesn't healing a lot of people boost your crit rate?
[/quote]
yeah. If a medic heals an injured person for 5 seconds, their melee crit is near 45%
[/quote]
Well, melee crit chance cap is at 20% actually. Sure doesn't seem that way though -_-

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 09-15-2009

(09-15-2009, 07:46 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Professor Funbucks link=topic=206.msg113640#msg113640 date=1253061773]
[quote author=Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link=topic=206.msg113636#msg113636 date=1253061506]
[quote author=Coordinator Ruby link=topic=206.msg113635#msg113635 date=1253061367]
Yeah giving it crits is just about as worthless as making the medigun able to crit.

[/quote]
yeah. If a medic heals an injured person for 5 seconds, their melee crit is near 45%
[/quote]
Well, melee crit chance cap is at 20% actually. Sure doesn't seem that way though -_-
[/quote]
OH GOD WHY IS IT ALWAYS A CRIT

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 09-15-2009

(09-15-2009, 07:38 PM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: [quote author=Coordinator Ruby link=topic=206.msg113635#msg113635 date=1253061367]

[/quote]

no

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Badgerman of DOOM - 09-15-2009

MY IDEA TO MAKE THE UPDATE LESS SUCK
Give both of them the boost
Make Syringe Gun deal regular damage
Remove Crits from Blutsauger again
Make the Blutsauger deal 25% less damage (ie, 7 instead of 10)
Because right now the Blut kinda sucks compared to the Syringe Gun.

In short, Blutsauger should be unable to crit, should deal 25% less damage, and heal 3 HP per hit.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wedge - 09-15-2009

(09-15-2009, 07:56 PM)Coordinator Ruby link Wrote: MY IDEA TO MAKE THE UPDATE LESS SUCK

ROFL no.  It's sort of still great.  Although I haven't seen it crit at all.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Benito Mussolini - 09-15-2009

(09-15-2009, 07:56 PM)Coordinator Ruby link Wrote: MY IDEA TO MAKE THE UPDATE LESS SUCK

In short, Blutsauger should be unable to crit, should deal 25% less damage, and heal 3 HP per hit.

Wait wait.

Which didn't get the boost?

Syringe Gun gives you better health regen.
The blautsauger now crits, and gives you getter health regen (1-4 hp/s instead of 1/3).

So... people are saying that the Blautsauger now sucks... after it got buffed.

Good job, people. Keep being tools.
No offence.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Badgerman of DOOM - 09-15-2009

The medic regen rate was tweaked, I think that Blut shouldn't suffer the subs, I propose an alternative.

(09-15-2009, 08:19 PM)Coordinator Ruby link Wrote: The medic regen rate was tweaked, I think that Blut shouldn't suffer the subs, I propose an alternative.

VALV[sup]E[/sup] proposes a buff, and you find a way to complain.

Oh wait. Maybe the problem comes from the fact that the Syringe Gun is now actually a gun that you might want to use...
VALV[sup]E[/sup] is making you choose which bonus you want. They now (finally) offer two guns of equal strength to use, and you want to alternate that..?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Geoff - 09-15-2009

(09-15-2009, 08:26 PM)Benito link Wrote: [quote author=Coordinator Ruby link=topic=206.msg113650#msg113650 date=1253063963]
The medic regen rate was tweaked, I think that Blut shouldn't suffer the subs, I propose an alternative.

Oh wait. Maybe the problem comes from the fact that the Syringe Gun is now actually a gun that you might want to use...
VALV[sup]E[/sup] is making you choose which bonus you want. They now (finally) offer two guns of equal strength to use, and you want to alternate that..?
[/quote]

The point to having unlockable weapons is that so there is more than one style of play, not one gun better than the other.

also raped didiot

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Mr. Face - 09-15-2009

Oh sneaky, sneaky Valve.

See they increased the crit chance for melee so that you'll only get about 25% Uber for every melee kill

Now although it's easier to get a kill Uber takes longer

pretty sneaky

(09-15-2009, 08:33 PM)Mr. Face link Wrote: Oh sneaky, sneaky Valve.

See they increased the crit chance for melee so that you'll only get about 25% Uber for every melee kill

pretty sneaky

wat?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 09-15-2009

(09-15-2009, 08:28 PM)jeff link Wrote: [quote author=Benito link=topic=206.msg113651#msg113651 date=1253064378]
[quote author=Coordinator Ruby link=topic=206.msg113650#msg113650 date=1253063963]

[/quote]

The point to having unlockable weapons is that so there is more than one style of play, not one gun better than the other.

also raped didiot
[/quote]

They've actually been doing a pretty good job of this. Just buff the Ambassador and that will hold true for all the primary weapons.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Geoff - 09-15-2009

(09-15-2009, 08:33 PM)Mr. Face link Wrote: Oh sneaky, sneaky Valve.

pretty sneaky

face...

with the ubersaw you've always been able to get 25% ubercharge with melee hit...

crit chance has stayed the same...

mama mia you moron

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [fr31ns]Karrde - 09-16-2009

Haven't had a go yet (actually, I haven't played TF2 at all in like 2 weeks.....go nursing school/work...) but it looks like reasonable buff without really changing blutsauger.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - SAVAGE-0 - 09-16-2009

guy seriously... enough with the non stop name calling its disturbing... theres no need to call being idiots and assholes just because they don't understand something...

Benito, I think most of the "complaining" is because people didn't realise the blut really got buffed not nerfed...

I love that my two favorite classes seem to get buffs more than not these days (medic and scout - with FAN).  The regen rate even with Blut seems a bit high - but hey I'll def take it!

and ya face the ubersaw has always been 25% per swing - haven't looked into the crit chances, but I don't think they were changed either

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Luinbariel - 09-16-2009

(09-16-2009, 08:52 AM)SAVAGE-0 link Wrote: guy seriously... enough with the non stop name calling its disturbing... theres no need to call being idiots and assholes just because they don't understand something...

Been seeing a lot of that lately actually.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 09-16-2009

BREAK TIME!

<3 <3 <3

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 09-16-2009

So, enough about blutsaugers and more about sammiches. Thanks to the edible device buff, heavy's now my other favorite class.

A soldier and I were walking towards the C from A in gravelpit when a pyro attacked us, caught us off guard. We were both really low on health probably about to die from the afterburn. Inside the tower, I pulled out my sammich, nomed on that, then gave the rest to the soldier. Newly refreshed, we both walked up the tower and capped the final point. I <3 my sammich! ;D

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Chaosye - 09-16-2009

(09-16-2009, 02:41 PM)backfire link Wrote: So, enough about blutsaugers and more about sammiches. Thanks to the edible device buff, heavy's now my other favorite class.

A soldier and I were walking towards the C from A in gravelpit when a pyro attacked us, caught us off guard. We were both really low on health probably about to die from the afterburn. Inside the tower, I pulled out my sammich, nomed on that, then gave the rest to the soldier. Newly refreshed, we both walked up the tower and capped the final point. I <3 my sammich! ;D
You can give sandviches to other people?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Greatbacon - 09-16-2009

(09-16-2009, 06:23 PM)TheAnyKey link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=206.msg113756#msg113756 date=1253130068]
So, enough about blutsaugers and more about sammiches. Thanks to the edible device buff, heavy's now my other favorite class.

You can give sandviches to other people?
[/quote]Durp.  Right click and it drops it on a plate.  Then heals 50% of their health when they pick it up.