Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 12-17-2009

Great stuff, although I think that nerfs the Sandman to the point of uselessness :X Curious to see what they had in store for the demo.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Benito Mussolini - 12-17-2009

(12-17-2009, 09:21 PM)Moosendoo link Wrote: EDIT: Now I see blu but I'm getting a water_dx80.pcf error of some sorts.

Getting the same.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 12-17-2009

Ready to play in approximately 7 seconds.....

Ready to play in approximately 10 seconds.....

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 12-17-2009

They added the Demo theme and "Intruder Alert" to the startup music! ;D
(12-17-2009, 09:29 PM)Benito link Wrote: [quote author=Moosendoo link=topic=206.msg127430#msg127430 date=1261102882]
EDIT: Now I see blu but I'm getting a water_dx80.pcf error of some sorts.

Getting the same.
[/quote]
Yeah, same here. But what the hell? server's full...

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Tricks - 12-17-2009

(12-17-2009, 09:31 PM)backfire link Wrote: They added the Demo theme and "Intruder Alert" to the startup music! ;D[quote author=Benito link=topic=206.msg127435#msg127435 date=1261103341]

[quote author=Moosendoo link=topic=206.msg127430#msg127430 date=1261102882]
EDIT: Now I see blu but I'm getting a water_dx80.pcf error of some sorts.

Getting the same.
[/quote]
Yeah, same here. But what the hell? server's full...
[/quote]

Time for a yellow server imo....

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 12-17-2009

(12-17-2009, 10:12 PM)Tricks link Wrote: Time for a yellow server imo....

We had one in Europe once upon a time, what to pay for it?  Tongue

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 12-17-2009

omg eyelander is amazing

scot res seems pretty good, havent really used it much

need to farm solly achievements, but equalizer is a flat upgrade

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Badgerman of DOOM - 12-18-2009

I somehow got a camerabeard.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 12-18-2009

Pickaxe is retardedly overpowered.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 12-18-2009

Ok, I'm abstaining from TF2 until they patch this crap. It's fairly obvious this was not play tested much.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 12-18-2009

From what I've played, Eyelander is fine, Gunboats are fine, Bugle Pack is fine, Scottish Resistance seems fine, though I don't have it yet.  I do agree that the pickaxe needs to be changed, speed brought down to Scout level I think and above Soldier speed with the intel, so still faster, but not faster than Scout like how it is now. It certainly does not make the scout useless as some have said.

Alot of stuff seems more overpowered than it is, due to the fact that there are so many soldiers and demo's.  Things will shift down abit when there are actually sentries, heavy and medic combo's, and snipers are abound.  That's why the Targe seems overpowered.  It's supposed to be good against demo's and soldiers, so it would make sense that a team full of them is having issues.

The new Rocket seems a tad stronger than it should, but didn't seem to be a huge problem unless you happened to get wacked in the face.  If the demo doesn't have a targe on him, but has a Eyelander, it's pretty much instant kill when it hits.

Overall I liked this update.  Eyelander is alot of fun and certainly isn't overpowered.  You only get the impressive boost if you manage to kill 5+ without dying and even then it seemed minimal, though I thought I heard it has no cap, but then again, there needs to be full teams to combat stuff like this.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 12-18-2009

Well, Christmas came a bit early and Valve filled my backpack with random stuff. I got all the new weapons except the targe, some random weapons, and 5, count em, five camera beards.

I can't even smelt them. :-\

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 12-18-2009

I didn't even get the demo stuff I wanted till the last few maps of the night (and it was actually only the one Eyelander).  I got two gunboats and two bugle packs, and I don't even like the soldier much XD

Also milestones seem to be broken, cause neither actually gave me the weapons, even though I got two of them.  Targe was the first one right?  Yeah I got two Eyelanders two maps after the first milestone and nothing for my second one yet.  And I didn't get nearly as much stuff as some folks did.  Some people had their packs filled...I had like half of one, barely that put into mine. 

Also no hats.  So disappointing lol

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Surf314 - 12-18-2009

I managed to get 3 bugles and no other new unlocks  :'(

Also I don't know what some of you are talking about this is the best update ever. I love killing pick axe soldiers with no health.

Side note, I am now good at spy it seems. It's amazing the difference a smooth framerate makes on your skillz.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Moosendoo - 12-18-2009

Found a camera beard, two equalizers, a direct hit, gunboats, and scottish resistance (+ loads of random stuff).  Big Grin  Now I just need to find that bugle...

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - SAVAGE-0 - 12-18-2009

I dont get how people actually got items... I randomly got the sticky... then proceeded to RE-get it every time I died... not another, just the same one.  I think it blocked me from getting anything else really.  It said I got more items but nothing ever showed up - as usual it wasnt even close to ready for the amount of players on the item server

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 12-18-2009

got 2 ambassadors at the same time and then 3 pocket watches in a row :|

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 12-18-2009

The nerf bat is going to hit half of these items, hard, in about a month, hell the sandman just got _another_ nerf, and is now officially useless

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Badgerman of DOOM - 12-18-2009

Also, the Demoman's taunt achievements are broken. You get Bloody Merry from using the stickybomb's taunt, and Second Eye from the pipebomb taunt.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wyrmidon - 12-18-2009

(12-18-2009, 03:22 PM)Coordinator Ruby link Wrote: Also, the Demoman's taunt achievements are broken. You get Bloody Merry from using the stickybomb's taunt, and Second Eye from the pipebomb taunt.

I noticed that yesterday, although you its fine since you get both achievements from doing what you are supposed to for the other, I guess