Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Turtle - 12-20-2009

(12-20-2009, 04:48 PM)jeff link Wrote: [quote author=Karthmas link=topic=206.msg127816#msg127816 date=1261345637]
[quote author=jeff link=topic=206.msg127815#msg127815 date=1261345589]
[quote author=Karthmas link=topic=206.msg127813#msg127813 date=1261345165]
Direct Hit crits when you are in the air, no matter waht. Even if the rocket hit the ground, it crits.

I hope they fix this.

Quote:Nobody can deny that, measured solely by their ability to blow people into chunky clouds of tomato soup, rockets are an incredible force for good in the world. But with their wide blast radius, they are not a particularly terrific weapon for showing off your sharpshooting skills.

Until now. A high precision version of the standard-issue rocket launcher, the Direct Hit has been engineered from the ground up for Soldiers who have mastered the art of shooting at their targets instead of vaguely near them. Those of you looking to deal splash damage, stop reading now: the Direct Hit has a 70% smaller blast radius than a traditional rocket launcher. But the rockets that come out of this thing move fast and hit hard: 80% faster and with 25% more destructive force. Best of all, for you real sharpshooters, the Direct Hit guarantees mini-crits on airborne targets.

It's a feature, not a bug.  They didn't say anything about how you get hit by it.
[/quote]
If it's intentional, that's even more gay.
[/quote]
You use the word gay as a negative adjective.  Why is it so wrong to be gay?
[/quote]
same reason why its good to be hot

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Geoff - 12-20-2009

(12-20-2009, 04:57 PM)Turtle link Wrote: [quote author=jeff link=topic=206.msg127817#msg127817 date=1261345709]
[quote author=Karthmas link=topic=206.msg127816#msg127816 date=1261345637]
[quote author=jeff link=topic=206.msg127815#msg127815 date=1261345589]
[quote author=Karthmas link=topic=206.msg127813#msg127813 date=1261345165]
Direct Hit crits when you are in the air, no matter waht. Even if the rocket hit the ground, it crits.

I hope they fix this.

Quote:Nobody can deny that, measured solely by their ability to blow people into chunky clouds of tomato soup, rockets are an incredible force for good in the world. But with their wide blast radius, they are not a particularly terrific weapon for showing off your sharpshooting skills.

Until now. A high precision version of the standard-issue rocket launcher, the Direct Hit has been engineered from the ground up for Soldiers who have mastered the art of shooting at their targets instead of vaguely near them. Those of you looking to deal splash damage, stop reading now: the Direct Hit has a 70% smaller blast radius than a traditional rocket launcher. But the rockets that come out of this thing move fast and hit hard: 80% faster and with 25% more destructive force. Best of all, for you real sharpshooters, the Direct Hit guarantees mini-crits on airborne targets.

It's a feature, not a bug.  They didn't say anything about how you get hit by it.
[/quote]
If it's intentional, that's even more gay.
[/quote]
You use the word gay as a negative adjective.  Why is it so wrong to be gay?
[/quote]
same reason why its good to be hot

[/quote]

But gay people can be hot.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Honest - 12-20-2009

Speaking of gay people.

I don't check the forum too often, (Though I'm slowly getting back into the habit of it, miss you all! <3) but Geoff informed me there was an excessive amount of QQ here.

So shut up about the damn new weapons, we all know what'll happen. You'll complain for a week, figure out the weapons are completely terrible and easy to fight against, go back to playing, then complain about the next update.

No, I don't care about your arguments as to why Valve FOR SRSLY FUCKED THIS UPDATE UP.

I've heard it every damn update and it's the same thing. Play the game. This is Honest / SUPER MACHO MAN saying shut up.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 12-20-2009

(12-20-2009, 05:12 PM)SUPER MACHO MAN link Wrote: Speaking of gay people.

I don't check the forum too often, (Though I'm slowly getting back into the habit of it, miss you all! <3) but Geoff informed me there was an excessive amount of QQ here.

So shut up about the damn new weapons, we all know what'll happen. You'll complain for a week, figure out the weapons are completely terrible and easy to fight against, go back to playing, then complain about the next update.

No, I don't care about your arguments as to why Valve FOR SRSLY FUCKED THIS UPDATE UP.

I've heard it every damn update and it's the same thing. Play the game. This is Honest / SUPER MACHO MAN saying shut up.

you would

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 12-20-2009

(12-20-2009, 05:12 PM)SUPER MACHO MAN link Wrote: I've heard it every damn update and it's the same thing. Play the game. This is Honest / SUPER MACHO MAN saying shut up.

Medic Update:
Blustlager: Nerf, Health regens more slowly
Kritskreig: Buff charges faster, heals faster, taunt now heals
UberSaw: Nerf, no longer sucks uber against cloaked or disguised spies

Pyro Update:
BackBurner: Nerfed, no longer provides +50 Health
Flare Gun: Buffed, mini-crit if player on fire
Axstinguisher: Unchanged

Scout Update:
Sand Man: Buff, Can Double Jump, Nerf: minimum range, 90 Health, No longer stuns
Bonk: Unchanged
FaN: Nerf less kick-back

Heavy Update:
Natasha: Buff - More Damage
Sandvich: Buff - Fully Heals, Throw Sandvich
Gloves: Unchanged

Sniper Update:
Huntsman: Unchanged
Jarate: Unchanged
Razorback: Unchanged

Spy Update:
Ambassador: Nerf - Can not headshot crit unless it cools down
Dead Ringer: Buff - Metal Recharges
Cloak & Dagger: Buff - Recharges while cloaked (?)

Nerfs: 6
Buffs: 6
Unchanged: 6

Its been pretty even overall, and I'm not going to single out anything in particular, but given the track record, I'd say they'll buff 2 items to make them more worth switching out, 2 will get hit with a nerf bat, and 2 will be left unchanged.

Feel free to correct any of my changes above as I might have missed something.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Honest - 12-20-2009

I expected the Welcome Back Cotter song but this is ok too.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - rumsfald - 12-20-2009

(12-20-2009, 05:47 PM)SUPER MACHO MAN link Wrote: I expected the Welcome Back Cotter song but this is ok too.

Lisa Loeb - Stay (I Missed You)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 12-20-2009

Well I can't stand the DH lol Seemed that I was doing barely the damage I should be something with it supposed to be hitting harder and with practically zero splash damage, you waste a rocket if you miss. To me the normal rocket just seems better overall.  Not even fun to use either which means I'll probably rarely touch it.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 12-20-2009

(12-20-2009, 05:45 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: Spy Update:
Ambassador: Nerf - Can not headshot crit unless it cools down and is 5x harder to headshot with in the first place

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Turtle - 12-20-2009

Hey Honest welcome back you missed quite a bit like the fact i changed my name and made more drama.

I will not rest until this place is just like All My Children but with more slaps

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 12-20-2009

VALVE SUCKS

Dang honest, could you check the forums in less than 4 months next time?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wedge - 12-20-2009

I haven't had trouble dealing with any of the new stuff.  The speed buff on the Equalizer is probably a biiiiit much, but otherwise yeah.  The Direct Hit is probably the best balanced lateral trade in the pack too.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Squishy3 - 12-20-2009

(12-20-2009, 07:20 PM)Turtle link Wrote: Hey Honest welcome back you missed quite a bit like the fact i changed my name and made more drama.

I will not rest until this place is just like All My Children but with more slaps
needs to be married with children, not all my children.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 12-20-2009

(12-20-2009, 07:51 PM)Wedge link Wrote: I haven't had trouble dealing with any of the new stuff.  The speed buff on the Equalizer is probably a biiiiit much, but otherwise yeah.  The Direct Hit is probably the best balanced lateral trade in the pack too.
As long as they took off the mini-crits with the DR, I'd be fine.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Geoff - 12-20-2009

(12-20-2009, 09:41 PM)Karthmas link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=206.msg127840#msg127840 date=1261356670]
I haven't had trouble dealing with any of the new stuff.  The speed buff on the Equalizer is probably a biiiiit much, but otherwise yeah.  The Direct Hit is probably the best balanced lateral trade in the pack too.
As long as they took off the mini-crits with the DR, I'd be fine.
[/quote]

mmm dont see why because it's not easy to airshot or anything

it would be better if they took off minicrits if it hits you while youre jumping

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - zaneyard - 12-20-2009

any good soldier is going to rip you apart if you jump while he's shooting at you anyway

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 12-20-2009

(12-20-2009, 10:18 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: any good soldier is going to rip you apart if you jump while he's shooting at you anyway

i always jump crouch while fighting a solly, never fails me

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - zaneyard - 12-21-2009

try out ammomod, you're going to get a new asshole torn open by someone who knows how to juggle

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 12-21-2009

What if I were to tell you that the Engineer update would be...
Wrench Replacement: Texan Flag- a Texan flag thats also on fire btw it kills ppl when you melee it lol and puts your machines on fire too(get it cause hes from texas)

SG Replacement: Pecan Pie- takes 3 mins to cook but it shoots out pecans at them lol cause hes from texas

Teleport replacement: its a donkey lol

dispenser: beer cooler (you get a bear and then get all drunk and CHARGE IN TO BATTEL)

See what happens when cliches decide the class weapons?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 12-21-2009

(12-21-2009, 12:39 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: try out ammomod, you're going to get a new asshole torn open by someone who knows how to juggle

yeah except most people dont, especially since everyones playing solly since the update