Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 01-13-2010

(01-13-2010, 08:55 PM)Turtle link Wrote: [quote author=diggs link=topic=206.msg132172#msg132172 date=1263433429]
Changed the Direct Hit to only minicrit enemies that have been launched into the air by an explosion
I hate everything
[/quote]

oh man i sure do love doing 30% extra dmg for doing nothing

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - HeK - 01-13-2010

(01-13-2010, 08:43 PM)diggs link Wrote: Fixed the Scout's legs twisting out of shape during a double jump

Pttttf! How many times have we heard this? Tongue

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Badgerman of DOOM - 01-13-2010

(01-13-2010, 09:49 PM)HeK link Wrote: [quote author=diggs link=topic=206.msg132172#msg132172 date=1263433429]
Fixed the Scout's legs twisting out of shape during a double jump

Pttttf! How many times have we heard this? Tongue
[/quote]

Don't know, don't care, don't like.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 01-13-2010

Err... wow...

TF2 New FAN

???

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wrath Of Sandvich - 01-13-2010

[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDKhygvxLcY[/flash]

Medic Taunt Kill

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Turtle - 01-13-2010

(01-13-2010, 10:25 PM)Wrath Of Tsuruya link Wrote: [flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDKhygvxLcY[/flash]

Medic Taunt Kill
the taunt is ridiculously fast

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wedge - 01-13-2010

(01-13-2010, 10:26 PM)Turtle link Wrote: [quote author=Wrath Of Tsuruya link=topic=206.msg132202#msg132202 date=1263439504]

Medic Taunt Kill
[/quote]

That's what I was thinking.  Sweet. 

Also I can finally jump against soldiers again, JOY!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 01-13-2010

Valve has heard me! Rejoice, rejoice!!!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Neptune - 01-13-2010

(01-13-2010, 08:43 PM)diggs link Wrote: Fixed Sniper rifle not penetrating friendlies

Yay!  Too many times, I feel that the round would have went better if some asshat wasn't dancing in front of my scope.

Quote:Fixed the Sandman being able to bat balls through doors

Aww!  This makes me sad.  I thought this was amusing as hell.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Benito Mussolini - 01-13-2010

(01-13-2010, 10:26 PM)Turtle link Wrote: [quote author=Wrath Of Tsuruya link=topic=206.msg132202#msg132202 date=1263439504]

Medic Taunt Kill
[/quote]

Same as huntsman.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 01-13-2010

Quote:Changed the Direct Hit to only minicrit enemies that have been launched into the air by an explosion

Reduced the explosive damage resistance on the Chargin' Targe to 50%

Who called it?

I called it

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Tricks - 01-14-2010

(01-13-2010, 11:36 PM)Caffeine link Wrote:
Quote:Changed the Direct Hit to only minicrit enemies that have been launched into the air by an explosion

Who called it?

I called it

You were saying this weeks ago, too. People go on-board with the idea later. Somebody here must work for valve.....

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 01-14-2010

(01-14-2010, 01:13 AM)Tricks link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=206.msg132220#msg132220 date=1263443809]

Who called it?

I called it

You were saying this weeks ago, too. People go on-board with the idea later. Somebody here must work for valve.....
[/quote]

Dramatic Chipmunk Nemesis

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CorpseFactor - 01-14-2010

(01-13-2010, 11:10 PM)Neptune link Wrote: [quote author=diggs link=topic=206.msg132172#msg132172 date=1263433429]
Fixed Sniper rifle not penetrating friendlies

Yay!  Too many times, I feel that the round would have went better if some asshat wasn't dancing in front of my scope.
[/quote]Agreed

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Turtle - 01-14-2010

(01-14-2010, 03:55 PM)(Team Gambler) CorpseFactor link Wrote: [quote author=Neptune link=topic=206.msg132209#msg132209 date=1263442228]
[quote author=diggs link=topic=206.msg132172#msg132172 date=1263433429]

[/quote]Agreed
[/quote]
Brings back memories...

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CorpseFactor - 01-14-2010

(01-14-2010, 06:27 PM)Turtle link Wrote: [quote author=(Team Gambler) CorpseFactor link=topic=206.msg132289#msg132289 date=1263502555]
[quote author=Neptune link=topic=206.msg132209#msg132209 date=1263442228]
[quote author=diggs link=topic=206.msg132172#msg132172 date=1263433429]

[/quote]Agreed
[/quote]
Brings back memories...
[/quote]I've always wished that if you did that to an admin, that he had friendly fire bound to a key so he could headshot you and then turn it back off. Be funny for one or two times, then loses its flavor. Then he realizes he loses points for killing teammates but meh, the pride is good. I don't know where I was going with this so I'll end with cheese and milk.
[Image: milkandcheese001.jpg]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - HeK - 01-25-2010

Quote:In the latest update, we've finally fixed the Double Crouch Jump bug—a longstanding issue involving Scout not being able to double crouch jump without looking like his legs are made of raw bacon strips held up in a wind tunnel.

Throughout Team Fortress 2's years-long release and update cycle, many people have asked us, "Seriously, how could you guys not have fixed that yet?" The majority of these queries are directed to TF2 animator Matthew Russell, who is technically responsible for fixing this kind of thing, and most of them pull no punches. "Is it because Matthew Russell is too stupid to fix it? Why would Valve even hire someone with a horseshoe-shaped divot in their skull?" is an email we see a lot. "Does Matthew Russell have a disease that makes him lazy?" is another popular one. An astonishing number of them are simply a .jpeg of Google Maps with Matt's house ominously circled. The rest could be summed up as a long, unbroken string of expletives and grammatically questionable racial slurs.

What a lot of people don't know is that this "bug" isn't a bug at all, but rather an embarrassing result of the degenerative leg disease our motion capture actor, Del Bluskin, has bravely endured for over a decade now, which has turned the lower half of his skeleton into something that looks like two raw bacon strips held up in a wind tunnel. To be honest, Del's been a part of the Valve family for so long, we just didn't have the heart to fire him simply because his ailment had rendered him grossly incompetent at his own job. To be even more honest, we didn't have the heart to engage in a long verbal sparring match with Valve's legal team, who told us that under no circumstances could we fire Del.

Luckily, things have a funny way of working themselves out for the best. Del was hit by a bus this morning, and our new mocap guy, Phil, is a sharp, enthusiastic go-getter with a functioning skeleton. Jump forward an hour, and here we are with an upgrade that finally addresses the Double Crouch Jump bug that has long plagued the Scout-playing faithful. Enjoy, and in the words of animator Matthew Russell, "Anyone wants me, I'm gonna snag a couple z's in the server room. If Newell asks, one of my kids has chicken pox again."

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 01-27-2010

Quote:[-]January 27, 2010 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Team Fortress 2

Added 3 new hats that can be worn by any class

Towering Pillar of Hats"

Noble Amassment of Hats"

Modest Pile of Hat"

Added Propaganda contest winners' hats for First Place, First Runner-up, and Second Runner-up

Added "Edit Loadout" button to the class menu

Changed the main menu background to randomly use the Red, Blue, and Soldier/Demo background images

Fixed Snipers being able to shoot enemies through gates

Fixed Linux servers not properly reconnecting to Steam when they lose their connection

Fixed stickies being destructible before they're stuck to something

Fixed the return progress bar above a dropped flag not animating if the return time on the flag is less than 30 seconds

Fixed the CTF HUD not properly handling flags being disabled/enabled during the round

Fixed player health panels sometimes using the wrong animations for buffed or low health values

Updated the net_showevents convar to be marked as a cheat

Updated the main menu news buttons to direct players to the most recent TF2 update and the TF2 blog

Updated Italian localization strings

Updated the custom TF2 fonts with Polish characters

Updated CP_Gorge

Added more cover outside of the initial BLU spawn area

Added a forward spawn for the BLU team after Cap1 is captured

Added another access point to the upper level from the front of the RED base

Added more cover in the room just before Cap2

Decreased RED team's respawn time while they own Cap1

Fixed a few areas where players would sometimes become stuck

Community requests

Added new options for the Invade CTF game mode flag. Default is 1

0 : No neutral time

1 : Flag goes neutral in 30 seconds (current behavior)

2 : Flag goes neutral in 1/2 the return time

Added scoring choice for the Invade CTF game mode. Default is 0

0 : Increment score (current behavior)

1 : Increment capture count

Added new inputs to item_teamflag

ForceDrop : Force the flag to be dropped if it's being carried by a player

ForceReset : Force the flag to be dropped if it's being carried by a player, then reset the flag to its original location

SetReturnTime : Set the length of time (in seconds) before a dropped flag returns to base

Added new output to item_teamflag

OnTouchSameTeam : Sent when the flag is touched by a player on the same team

There goes my black magic time traveling bullet hax.  :-\

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Chief - 01-27-2010

Quote:Added 3 new hats that can be worn by any class - sounds cool
Towering Pillar of Hats"
Noble Amassment of Hats"
Modest Pile of Hat"

Fixed Snipers being able to shoot enemies through gates - SHIT

Fixed Linux servers not properly reconnecting to Steam when they lose their connection - thank the lord red is fixed

Fixed stickies being destructible before they're stuck to something - bullshit.

Updated CP_Gorge - uhh kay just make this map be played more than ever
Added more cover outside of the initial BLU spawn area
Added a forward spawn for the BLU team after Cap1 is captured
Added another access point to the upper level from the front of the RED base
Added more cover in the room just before Cap2
Decreased RED team's respawn time while they own Cap1
Fixed a few areas where players would sometimes become stuck

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - HeK - 01-27-2010

Quote:[-]January 27, 2010 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Team Fortress 2

Added 3 new hats that can be worn by any class

Towering Pillar of Hats

Noble Amassment of Hats

Modest Pile of Hat

Fixed Linux servers not properly reconnecting to Steam when they lose their connection

This is all I care about.