Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 03-19-2010

it's not the idler. I'm literally just running tf2 in textmode. to do that, create a shortcut to tf2 on your desktop (it's one of the options when you right-click from games menu)

Open up the properties menu for the shortcut, and set Target to the following: "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -textmode

Then launch tf2 from the shortcut. Voila you're running tf2 in text mode. To join a server (since there's no gui), you'll have to right click the steam tray icon, pull up the server browser, filter servers for tf2, and then sort by name and find an achievement server with open slots.

hope this helps, <3 u luca

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kor - 03-19-2010

Welding Mask for Engi? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Just another swell hat I can't have.

The Homewrecker and Pain Train are innocuous additions; pure filler.

Chocolate Bar + Overheal? = 525 Heath = Outside of HS Damage. Intriguing.

idk, depending on whether the soldier takes increased damage all the time, or merely when he has pain train out (a la equalizer), I could def see some uses for it. it's not as aggressive as the equalizer, but on push maps 1 or 2 gunboats soldiers that cap as fast as scouts could definitely do work on the backcaps (a lot more than scouts could anyways, purely because of the soldiers' survivability)

chocolate bar is fucking sick, though the pyro wep is complete balls

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 03-19-2010

(03-19-2010, 11:57 AM)Duck link Wrote: chocolate bar is fucking sick, though the pyro wep is complete balls

I wonder, does the chocolate bar give you +50 max HP if you kill a heavy noming one like the sandwich, could you toss it to another friendly class?

I would imagine so, though 262 health scouts and 337 health demos seem like they would rape hard

edit: drinking buddy said that ours are just pipe dreams kor. the bar does not increase max health for purposes of player overheals Sad

Source: http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Dalokohs_Bar

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Coppanuva - 03-19-2010

I just got a Homewrecker today (within like 10 minutes of starting up), so far it's meh. It's useless on sentry guns since it's Pyro weaponry and it's almost impossible to approach them. I haven't really gotten to try it out on the dispensers or teleporters but I can't imagine it being that useful.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 03-19-2010

homewrecker is the hat of weapons, looks cool but is useless, but unlike a hat, the axetinguisher is a big part of pyro

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Didzo - 03-19-2010

The heavy chocolate bar is pretty useless in my opinion... Its effects don't stack with overheal, nor can it be tossed like sandvich. Ham has saved my ass and my medic's ass many times, and I just don't see how this is an equal item.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Luinbariel - 03-19-2010

(03-19-2010, 02:41 PM)Didzo link Wrote: The heavy chocolate bar is pretty useless in my opinion... Its effects don't stack with overheal, nor can it be tossed like sandvich. Ham has saved my ass and my medic's ass many times, and I just don't see how this is an equal item.

You can't give me chocolate?

[Image: sad_kitten.jpg]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Didzo - 03-19-2010

(03-19-2010, 02:43 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: [quote author=Didzo link=topic=206.msg142205#msg142205 date=1269027701]
The heavy chocolate bar is pretty useless in my opinion... Its effects don't stack with overheal, nor can it be tossed like sandvich. Ham has saved my ass and my medic's ass many times, and I just don't see how this is an equal item.

You can't give me chocolate?

[Image: sad_kitten.jpg]
[/quote]

No, but you can watch me eat it while you are busy burning to death!

;D

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 03-19-2010

Cats cant eat chocolate anyway, kills them

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kor - 03-19-2010

(03-19-2010, 12:12 PM)Duck link Wrote: I would imagine so, though 262 health scouts and 337 health demos seem like they would rape hard

edit: drinking buddy said that ours are just pipe dreams kor. the bar does not increase max health for purposes of player overheals Sad

Source: http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Dalokohs_Bar

Just the same, it's better that way. Could have had Backburner complaints x 9.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 03-19-2010

you can craft the new hats now

would have liked to know that you couldnt about 50 mins ago

fucking batters helmet

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Luca Shoal - 03-19-2010

(03-19-2010, 11:44 AM)Duck link Wrote: it's not the idler. I'm literally just running tf2 in textmode. to do that, create a shortcut to tf2 on your desktop (it's one of the options when you right-click from games menu)

Open up the properties menu for the shortcut, and set Target to the following: "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -textmode

Then launch tf2 from the shortcut. Voila you're running tf2 in text mode. To join a server (since there's no gui), you'll have to right click the steam tray icon, pull up the server browser, filter servers for tf2, and then sort by name and find an achievement server with open slots.

hope this helps, <3 u luca

It helps some, especially the last bit (I mainly needed help with the servers bit)

e - "Setup file 'gameinfo.txt' doesn't exist in subdirectory 'hl2'. Check you -game parameter or VCONFIG setting." halp D:

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Turtle - 03-19-2010

(03-19-2010, 04:32 PM)lil d link Wrote: you can craft the new hats now

would have liked to know that you couldnt about 50 mins ago

fucking batters helmet
get dat dere diglett: i hate this game
get dat dere diglett: i fucking hate this game
Turtle [brbu]: hahahahahahahahaha

He left shortly after

<3 diggs

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 03-19-2010

Oh great, more hats I'll never get.  This broken item system is still just as awful now as it was before.  I'm still barely getting any weapons to give myself the chance to craft stuff.  Eh, one day I'll get a legitimate hat lol

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 03-19-2010

Well, with that new "camera beards count as hats" thing, I was able to take that plus my crappy demo fro and make a shiny new ushanka!  ;D

Should get a refund for all the metal and tokens I spent trying to make those new items last night though. "Oh, well... NOW you can."

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Moosendoo - 03-19-2010

Damn, I wish I would've saved my camera beards.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Turtle - 03-19-2010

[Image: Hotrod.png]
        "Howdy, Gentlemen"

;D

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wedge - 03-19-2010

(03-19-2010, 05:44 PM)backfire link Wrote: Well, with that new "camera beards count as hats" thing,

Wait whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat you say?  I got like 3 camera beards.