Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 04-15-2010

(04-15-2010, 03:08 PM)Moosendoo link Wrote:
Quote:April 15, 2010, 12:44 pm - Valve - Product Update

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Team Fortress 2

* Added Sam & Max items
    * Fixed the Demoman's Fro not cloaking properly when being used by a disguised Spy
    * Reduced the damage bonus the Equalizer receives as the player loses health
          o The speed boost was not changed
    * Community Request
          o Added a flag to info_particle_system to mark particle systems as "weather" effects

http://teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3698&p=1

This is even worse than Bill's Hat.  I wonder how much the damage nerf is on the equalizer.

WHAT'S THAT? I DIDN'T HEAR YOU!
You say you want more exclusive content? And only for people who preorder stuff? Well, hot tamale, I got a deal for you.

[Image: sammaxstuff.png]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 04-15-2010

(03-30-2010, 02:53 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=206.msg144317#msg144317 date=1269978277]
[quote author=backfire link=topic=206.msg144314#msg144314 date=1269977723]

Crossthreading...

[quote author=backfire link=topic=4367.msg144313#msg144313 date=1269977640]
Wow... I mean, I knew the hammer would be useless... but when it's better to just corner the sentry than to rush in with a hammer leaving you half-dead...

Hammer needs to add reduced sentry damage or something, but only when the hammer's out. This thing's more situational than bonk...
[/quote]

I'm a completest, I don't care if the weapon sucks, so long as I can have it and fuck around with it  Wink

Gonna go play pyro with the backburner, hammer, and flare gun, I will be credit to team!  ;D
[/quote]

You give the notion that the flaregun is on the same level as the backburner and hammer....
[/quote]

yeah, backburner is better than flaregun

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 04-15-2010

I might need to restart the servers now....blue should be updating....

(04-15-2010, 03:23 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=206.msg144322#msg144322 date=1269978792]
[quote author=Caffeine link=topic=206.msg144317#msg144317 date=1269978277]
[quote author=backfire link=topic=206.msg144314#msg144314 date=1269977723]

Crossthreading...

[quote author=backfire link=topic=4367.msg144313#msg144313 date=1269977640]
Wow... I mean, I knew the hammer would be useless... but when it's better to just corner the sentry than to rush in with a hammer leaving you half-dead...

Hammer needs to add reduced sentry damage or something, but only when the hammer's out. This thing's more situational than bonk...
[/quote]

I'm a completest, I don't care if the weapon sucks, so long as I can have it and fuck around with it  Wink

Gonna go play pyro with the backburner, hammer, and flare gun, I will be credit to team!  ;D
[/quote]

You give the notion that the flaregun is on the same level as the backburner and hammer....
[/quote]

yeah, backburner is better than flaregun
[/quote]

No and you're late. Your chance make that remark passed weeks ago. There's a new topic now and that's about the hats and reskinned guns. (Yes, the new guns are only reskins from what I heard)

On another note, I was going to pick this up anyways. Guess now it just passed Just Cause 2 on my want list... AGAIN. :'(

also

[Image: sammaxitems.png]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 04-15-2010

OMG totally getting sam and max then sporting that hat

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Live-Free-Or-Pie - 04-15-2010

I really hope the new guns are just re-skins, i think imma rage myself if they aren't

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Professor Funbucks - 04-15-2010

(04-15-2010, 04:10 PM)Live-Free-Or-Pie link Wrote: I really hope the new guns are just re-skins, i think imma rage myself if they aren't
yeah if they do something other than just add a skin, i don't know what i'd do, but i wouldn't be pleased.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Darklink - 04-15-2010

Quote:As said above, base damage is 33, with 2 damage added per 5 health gone. Leave it to Valve to code in a formula (DAMAGE = 33 + 0.4 * (200 - HEALTH)), not test it at all, and release it.

Suspecting the worst, I joined a server with a few people, and sure enough, you actually heal the enemy if you're buffed to 300, by about 7 HP per hit. Awesome.

(04-15-2010, 04:42 PM)airmax link Wrote:
Quote:As said above, base damage is 33, with 2 damage added per 5 health gone. Leave it to Valve to code in a formula (DAMAGE = 33 + 0.4 * (200 - HEALTH)), not test it at all, and release it.

Suspecting the worst, I joined a server with a few people, and sure enough, you actually heal the enemy if you're buffed to 300, by about 7 HP per hit. Awesome.

what are you talking about here?
what weponnnn

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Spore - 04-15-2010

(04-15-2010, 04:43 PM)Funbucks link Wrote: [quote author=airmax link=topic=206.msg147182#msg147182 date=1271367730]

what weponnnn
[/quote]

Sounds like the Equalizer.

Edit: Also, TF2 items I will now never have.
Edit 2: Can somebody explain the Spy's outfit in that pick showing all the Sam n Max stuff?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - at0m - 04-15-2010

(04-15-2010, 04:43 PM)Funbucks link Wrote: [quote author=airmax link=topic=206.msg147182#msg147182 date=1271367730]

what weponnnn
[/quote]equalizer

(04-15-2010, 04:50 PM)at0m link Wrote: [quote author=Funbucks link=topic=206.msg147183#msg147183 date=1271367821]
[quote author=airmax link=topic=206.msg147182#msg147182 date=1271367730]

what weponnnn
[/quote]equalizer
[/quote]

wow it actually heals the enemy if you're overhealed and switch to it? lol

(04-15-2010, 04:50 PM)Spore link Wrote: [quote author=Funbucks link=topic=206.msg147183#msg147183 date=1271367821]
[quote author=airmax link=topic=206.msg147182#msg147182 date=1271367730]

what weponnnn
[/quote]

Sounds like the Equalizer.

Edit: Also, TF2 items I will now never have.
Edit 2: Can somebody explain the Spy's outfit in that pick showing all the Sam n Max stuff?
[/quote]

Forgot I had that skin. It's a mod made by AyesDyef, that guy who made the female scout. http://www.ayesdyef.com/stylishspy/

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Mission Difficult - 04-15-2010

Max's pistol is for the scout only, same number of bullets as the scout pistol. Haven't heard anything about damage.
Sam's revolver is for the spy only. No word on damage. Sounds like reskins to me.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 04-15-2010

Ok, I need sam & MAx. Even if it does chip a little bit off my computer price.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 04-15-2010

^^ proof valve can make a million dollars with hats

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Luca Shoal - 04-15-2010

Somebody seriously buy the season for me ;-;. I'm still jobless and will pay you back and/or suck yo dick when I have income.

This is just an extra reason to buy said season, much like Bill's Hat was an extra bonus that finally pushed me into buying L4D2.

Fatty fat hat chat

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Trace - 04-28-2010

Stealth Update
Dedicated Server
- Linux optimizations.
- Fixed Linux servers not relisting correctly after a master server restart
- Fixed a case where servers could have "ghost" players consuming player slots

Engine
Marked the "snd_show" convar as a cheat

Gameplay Changes
Pyro changes
Flamethrower direct damage reduced 20%.
Burn duration reduced (10 -> 6 seconds).
Airblast re-fire delay reduced by 25%.
Airblast ammo usage reduced by 20%.
All reflected rockets/grenades/arrows now mini-crit.
Airblasting enemies into environmental deaths now awards the death credit to the Pyro.
Heavy changes
Minigun spin-up/down time reduced by 25%
Minigun firing movement speed increased to just under half-normal (from 80 to 110).
Throwing a sandvich to a teammate now earns a full bonus point (was half a point).
Bonk! changes
Post-use movement penalty removed.
Now has a re-use cooldown time, like The Sandman.
The Chargin' Target changes
Direct charge hit now does 50 damage + 10 per head (up to 5 heads).
Capped the turn rate from +left and +right while charging.
The Huntsman changes
Removed restriction that arrows need to be aimed before they can be lit by a Pyro.
Bow can now be lowered without losing the lit arrow.
Changed bow so you can start charging it while you're jumping, but you can't fire until you're on the ground.
Fixed bug where flame effect would get stuck on if you change weapons with a lit arrow.
Backpack changes
Moved Crafting button out to the root class/backpack selection panel.
Dragging and dropping items in your backpack now makes appropriate sounds.
Bot changes
Bots don't retreat to gather health as readily if they are in combat.
Bots no longer retreat when moving to block a point capture.
Bots should now equip an appropriate combat weapon and fight while moving to collect health.
Bots who are roaming the map and hunting now chase down their victims, following them around corners.
Bots That fire projectiles (ie: rockets/grenades/etc) don't hold down their fire button for a minimum time. This was causing Soldier bots to fire rockets into nearby walls as they strafed, killing themselves.
Soldiers bots now switch to their shotgun after firing all four rockets when engaging an enemy.
Added a few more bot names from community suggestions.
Fixed a behavior loop with Engineer metal gathering.
The Sandman change
Added a slight speed reduction to stunned players.
Community requests
Added ConVars log_verbose_enable and log_verbose_interval to report player positions in the server log at regular intervals
log_verbose_enable default: 0
log_verbose_interval default: 3 secs
"Last-weapon" initialization on respawn now sets itself to be the melee weapon if you don’t have a selectable secondary weapon (like The Razorback).

Bug Fixes
Fixed an case where The Gunboats didn’t apply their damage reduction properly.
The amount count in the HUD now flashes red when you’re low on ammo.
Extinguishing a burning teammate now earns a full bonus point (was half a point).
Fixed a permanent overheal exploit involving dispensers.
Fixed a bug in spectator mode where the user aborted out of freezecam, setup a spec mode (like IN_EYE), and would then have the setting stomped after the freezecam timer expired.
Fixed bug with disguised spy sometimes seeing his own name in the disguise status HUD.
Fixed a client crash that could result from players with arrows embedded in them.
Fixed items that can be worn by any class having the wrong model when worn by a disguised Spy.
Added missing map prefixes to server browser game types.
Killing yourself with your own sentry no longer increments the sentry's kill counter.
Fixed dropped hats sometimes having the wrong team color.
Fixed crit-boosted players not getting critical hits if their weapon has custom no-crit behavior.
Fixed the achievement dialog taking a long time to pop up, and completed achievements now sort to the bottom of the list.
Fixed Spies disguised as Medics hearing the autocaller sound.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Moosendoo - 04-28-2010

OMG this one sounds like a big game changer.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 04-28-2010

Yeah some significant changes for the Heavy and Pyro there.